8 day summer Caribbean on the Equinox

wesport

I wouldn't assume that existing sailings will just be shortened.   If recent events are any indication they would cancel the current sailings and have you just rebook at prevailing rates on new shorter sailings.  I have a really great rate on a 9 night in Sept so I really hope things are better and they can extend sailings beyond 7 days by then.

• Like 2

We are booked on the 5/23/21 (6nt) and the 5/29/21 (8nt) Equinox. All of the 6nt Equinox sailings disappeared from Celebrity's website. Our Captain's Club upcoming sailings now show the 5/23/21 as a 7nt returning 5/30/2021 yet the 5/29/21 sailing still shows as an 8nt departing 5/29/21.  Hmmm. This tells me the 8nt departing 5/29/2021 would have to be changed to a 7nt and depart 5/30/2021.  Will just wait and see what they decide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I wouldn't assume that existing sailings will just be shortened.   If recent events are any indication they would cancel the current sailings and have you just rebook at prevailing rates on new shorter sailings.  I have a really great rate on a 9 night in Sept so I really hope things are better and they can extend sailings beyond 7 days by then.

Doing that way would also allow capacity controls.

Page 32 of the CDC order says cruise lines applying for permission to sail are not even allowed to offer cruises more than 7 days until Nov 1 2021 or until further order by the Gov't.  They'd have to apply for a waiver, and we can assume it wouldn't be granted.  Why there are longer cruises still being sold is beyond me.  Apparently X either hasn't put in their application, or this is just a money grab on deposits until these cruises are all cancelled.  JMHO

1 hour ago, marieps said:

Page 32 of the CDC order says cruise lines applying for permission to sail are not even allowed to offer cruises more than 7 days until Nov 1 2021 or until further order by the Gov't.  They'd have to apply for a waiver, and we can assume it wouldn't be granted.  Why there are longer cruises still being sold is beyond me.  Apparently X either hasn't put in their application, or this is just a money grab on deposits until these cruises are all cancelled.  JMHO

I surely hope they're not 'breaking the law' by continuing to sell these. This could open up a huge can of worms for them. But if the vaccine becomes widely available and the pandemic is vastly improved, sailings longer than 7 days could begin prior to Nov 1st. They're probably hopeful as I am too that by May/June things could be so much better and cruising somewhat back to normal. One can always hope. There needs to be light at the end of the tunnel soon or this world may never recover 😢  

Edited by LuvCruzn4Evr
clarification
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, marieps said:

“Applying to sail” is the key.  No requirement to make changes to cruises over 7 days in the US until there is an application to sail.  It is not clear if this applies for each ship, or just one application.  Could be that the ships that are now showing only 7 day itineraries are the ones Celebrity intends to sail in US waters until Nov 2021.  

22 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

“Applying to sail” is the key.  No requirement to make changes to cruises over 7 days in the US until there is an application to sail.  It is not clear if this applies for each ship, or just one application.  Could be that the ships that are now showing only 7 day itineraries are the ones Celebrity intends to sail in US waters until Nov 2021.  

That's a really good point, and bad news for Connie.  It's also deceptive IMHO to continue to take reservations on sailings that simply cannot take place.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, marieps said:

That's a really good point, and bad news for Connie.  It's also deceptive IMHO to continue to take reservations on sailings that simply cannot take place.  

As far back as March, Celebrity has been accepting bookings for cruises that they knew full well could not sail, then sat back and waited until after final payment before cancelling. I really don't expect to see any change in this unfortunate approach.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 10:47 AM, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

I surely hope they're not 'breaking the law' by continuing to sell these. This could open up a huge can of worms for them. But if the vaccine becomes widely available and the pandemic is vastly improved, sailings longer than 7 days could begin prior to Nov 1st. They're probably hopeful as I am too that by May/June things could be so much better and cruising somewhat back to normal. One can always hope. There needs to be light at the end of the tunnel soon or this world may never recover 😢  

There is no "law".  CDC and CLIA have put out guidelines.  Neither has been finalized.  Yes, CDC can put them into law without additional hearings at any time, but seems three things- 

There are many cruises - especially in Q1 that will never happen and cannot happen because of COVID.  Sad these and other longer cruises in Q2 are still being sold.

The entire schedule will Need to be rewritten if cruising begins with 2/3 days cruises and can only expand to 7 days

Nobody posting here knows what will happen with the vaccine.  If COVID drops way down then a move closer to pre pandemic would be possible.

Our 9 day March 2020 ABC cruise on the EQ is still taking reservations. Expecting to see a revised itinerary or cancellation. Pretty much a waiting game at this point. I’m guessing they are trying to figure out the plan for the Equinox sailings that are scheduled over 7 days. 

18 minutes ago, bye-seaya said:

Our 9 day March 2020 ABC cruise on the EQ is still taking reservations. Expecting to see a revised itinerary or cancellation. Pretty much a waiting game at this point. I’m guessing they are trying to figure out the plan for the Equinox sailings that are scheduled over 7 days. 

I think you mean March 2021.  Still, I've never seen the ABCs done in 7 days.   Certainly not from EQ's home Port Everglades.   This is another example of X selling reservations on a cruise that will not sail.  It's a sad business model that RCG ought to halt.

29 minutes ago, marieps said:

I think you mean March 2021.  Still, I've never seen the ABCs done in 7 days.   Certainly not from EQ's home Port Everglades.   This is another example of X selling reservations on a cruise that will not sail.  It's a sad business model that RCG ought to halt.

We were trying to figure out how they'd shorten our 9 night ABC and could only come up with "drive really fast".  Can't see it happening.

46 minutes ago, marieps said:

HAL has a 7-day ABC cruise. Well, AC anyway. They also stop at Half Moon Cay. Celebrity's shortest is 9 days, AFAIK, but it shouldn't mean that they couldn't make the necessary revisions to the itinerary.

14 hours ago, Fouremco said:

HAL has a 7-day ABC cruise. Well, AC anyway. They also stop at Half Moon Cay. Celebrity's shortest is 9 days, AFAIK, but it shouldn't mean that they couldn't make the necessary revisions to the itinerary.

Never sailed HAL so was unaware.  Thanks for the clarification.

We just received an email from our travel agent that enclosed a letter from Celebrity. The letter stated that the summer sailings for the Equinox are being replaced by seven night Caribbean sailings leaving on Sunday. Eight night sailings will be reduced to seven night sailings (rates will be protected) and six night sailings will be converted to seven night sailings (rates will be protected). An additional 100 OBC will be issued.

• Thanks 1

Just received an email from Celebrity cancelling our 9 night Equinox cruise on 5/14/2021. Options are 100% refund of any money paid, L&S,  or a 125% FCC. Here is the letter. 

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your 2021 cruise vacation. As the world continues to work towards a new normal, our primary goal continues to be a healthy return to service for our guests, crew and the communities we visit. While working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other local health and government authorities towards this shared goal, we are evaluating all current itineraries to ensure compliance with the new Conditional Sail Order. This means some of our itineraries will need to be canceled and others will be modified.

Unfortunately, these deployment adjustments will require cancellation of your voyage aboard the Celebrity Equinox®. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes as we value your vacation time and want to ensure you have the best experience possible on a Celebrity Cruise. At this time, we would like to offer you the opportunity to be re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruise vacation or to receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) or a 100% Refund.

From now through December 8, you have the option of keeping your cruise vacation plans to the Caribbean and rescheduling for next year on a date within four weeks of your originally scheduled departure. Just contact us or your travel partner and your reservation will be shifted at the same rate including any promotion you currently have on the booking.

If you are unable to rebook by December 8, you will automatically receive a 125% FCC valid until December 31, 2021, for use on sailings through May 4, 2022. The value of the FCC will be calculated based on the amounts paid toward your cruise and will be processed by December 22, 2020 via email. Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately to your original form of payment within 30 days of cancellation. No action is required on your part to receive this FCC. Please note, when redeeming your Future Cruise Credit, only one FCC may be applied per person, per reservation.

If you prefer a 100% refund to your original method of payment, as opposed to the FCC, you may contact us anytime up until December 31, 2020. To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please contact your travel partner or click here and we will get the process started for you. You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after you submit your request. Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately. Please note, if you have already cancelled your sailing by taking advantage of our Cruise With Confidence policy you will not be eligible to receive the compensation noted above.

If you choose to accept a Future Cruise Credit , and have pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, you will have the option of receiving 125% Onboard Credit (OBC) to be used on your next sailing, or you may choose a 100% refund. In order to select the 125% Onboard Credit please click here to submit your request. If we have not received your choice of compensation for these pre-booked items by December 8, these charges will automatically be refunded in full to your original method of payment and will show up as a separate transaction. Guests with independent shore excursion arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible.

Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically. You will not need to call in to initiate the process. Guests with independent air arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

First and always, please take care of yourselves and your family. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these unique circumstances. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kokomo91165 said:

We just received an email from our travel agent that enclosed a letter from Celebrity. The letter stated that the summer sailings for the Equinox are being replaced by seven night Caribbean sailings leaving on Sunday. Eight night sailings will be reduced to seven night sailings (rates will be protected) and six night sailings will be converted to seven night sailings (rates will be protected). An additional 100 OBC will be issued.

Did they give any details on what you need to do? Request a rebook? Or do they automatically 'move' your booking to the same cabin? 

6 hours ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

Did they give any details on what you need to do? Request a rebook? Or do they automatically 'move' your booking to the same cabin? 

So, what you are paying per day will stay the same, and you will receive a $100 OBC on the 8 going to 7, and the 6 going to 7?