New vaccine

hollyjess

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

OK I give up. Things would have been much better if you were in charge. Happy now? 

Avril

Don't worry about him Avril.

On RC forums he told me he had covid19 January 2020 and was super fit and watched everything he eats and confident he won't catch covid19.

Over 75s up here are currently being vaccinated.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 9is said:

I don’t often post but I am an avid lurker/watcher of posts by others.  Over the last 10 months I’ve been through so many emotions, like most of us.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and the roll out of the vaccines has given us all hope. I hope that everyone will take the option of a vaccine when offered.  Last week my heart was broken as my brother sadly passed away due to COVID.  He was only 49.  This is not something that only affects the older population.   I am 44 years old and therefore I will have a bit of a wait for a vaccine, I will take any vaccine offered to me that has been passed as safe to use. Stay safe people. 

That is terrible news 9is.

Sending you and your family our condolences.

Graham & Pauline.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish more people understood how it can affect all ages  You have my deepest sympathy as we have also lost a brother due to covid. I was posting on here at the time and my fellow posters helped me through. Maybe we could do the same for you. Please take care and stay safe.x

Avril

+1.

Edited by grapau27

Thank you everyone for your kind words.   As I said earlier I’m an avid lurker and feel like I know some of you even though I’ve not met you before. Maybe I have on past cruises.  Thanks again and I may start to post a bit more. Take care everyone. 

• Like 17

23 minutes ago, 9is said:

Thank you everyone for your kind words.   As I said earlier I’m an avid lurker and feel like I know some of you even though I’ve not met you before. Maybe I have on past cruises.  Thanks again and I may start to post a bit more. Take care everyone. 

You will be very welcome.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, 9is said:

Feel free to post anytime . I'm sure we all look forward to your posts, when you feel ready :classic_smile:

• Like 11

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We both received our vaccination letters from the NHS today, and I have already booked both jab appointments at Halifax Boots Pharmacy, the first for next monday.

Hi -  Does the letter say where you have to go,  is there a list, or  if you have the letter

can you book anywhere?

6 hours ago, SarahHben said:

And all of those except one is closer for him 🤷‍♀️
He’s not bothered though, he’s just glad he’s getting the vaccine.

Same with my parents, they live in Gillingham but were sent to Strood, it was only 10 minutes away through the tunnel and luckily my Dad drives.

Their neighbour is in a group of practices that is just starting the vaccine next week even though the man is the same age as my Dad. It seems it’s a postcode lottery depending on your GP not your postal address.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Same with my parents, they live in Gillingham but were sent to Strood, it was only 10 minutes away through the tunnel and luckily my Dad drives.

Their neighbour is in a group of practices that is just starting the vaccine next week even though the man is the same age as my Dad. It seems it’s a postcode lottery depending on your GP not your postal address.

It’s strange isn’t it. After dad had his jab this afternoon mum got a call to make an appointment to have hers next week.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 9is said:

I don’t often post but I am an avid lurker/watcher of posts by others.  Over the last 10 months I’ve been through so many emotions, like most of us.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and the roll out of the vaccines has given us all hope. I hope that everyone will take the option of a vaccine when offered.  Last week my heart was broken as my brother sadly passed away due to COVID.  He was only 49.  This is not something that only affects the older population.   I am 44 years old and therefore I will have a bit of a wait for a vaccine, I will take any vaccine offered to me that has been passed as safe to use. Stay safe people. 

I’m so sorry for your loss, much love to you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

How are you two doing, Sue? OK I hope?

Harry

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

How is John?

I hope his covid19 is mild and you are keeping safe yourself Sue 

Graham.

Thank you Harry and Graham, I think I’m back to ‘normal’ it was only 1 week after my vaccine John got sick so I’m wondering if the vaccine has helped me. John’s ok, bit of a cough if he moves too much. Very sleepy. He has to phone his work tomorrow as our isolation ends Thursday and I’m hoping he stays off a few more days. His job is very physical (warehouse) so don’t think he’s strong enough to be on his feet all day.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Thank you Harry and Graham, I think I’m back to ‘normal’ it was only 1 week after my vaccine John got sick so I’m wondering if the vaccine has helped me. John’s ok, bit of a cough if he moves too much. Very sleepy. He has to phone his work tomorrow as our isolation ends Thursday and I’m hoping he stays off a few more days. His job is very physical (warehouse) so don’t think he’s strong enough to be on his feet all day.

I hope his work are understanding since he has covid19 and he gives himself a bit longer to recover too.

• Like 1

Local authority have published some pictures today if the new mass vaccination centre being created ready for the beginning of the week. This is in addition to a Pharmacy Vaccination Centre and local surgeries carrying out “jabs”. 

The new centre isn’t just for locals.

5E459ACC-ED52-4759-BF21-EA4B32CD4A4E.jpeg

A29A4A96-64D4-4E0B-885A-FB551170F089.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 9is said:

So sorry to hear your devastating news, take care x

• Like 1

I'm very happy that so many of you are finally hearing about appointments for your vaccines. When I first started to post on here the vaccine still seemed to be out of reach but with all the new centres opening it's become a reality.

I am still working at my practice and doing weekends at our small GP-led hub of 8 practices. Things are going really well with hardly anyone not turning up for appointments so no wastage. We have some lovely young students acting as marshalls together with a core team of vaccinators and admin staff - all volunteering and good on them.

Whilst most of the vaccination sites are very functional by necessity, I saw on the BBC last weekend a site at either Salisbury or Winchester Cathedral. As people were queuing to get in,the organist was playing in the background - it was absolutely charming. Did anyone see it?

Best wishes to you all and good luck with your jabs.

Jane

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I'm very happy that so many of you are finally hearing about appointments for your vaccines. When I first started to post on here the vaccine still seemed to be out of reach but with all the new centres opening it's become a reality.

I am still working at my practice and doing weekends at our small GP-led hub of 8 practices. Things are going really well with hardly anyone not turning up for appointments so no wastage. We have some lovely young students acting as marshalls together with a core team of vaccinators and admin staff - all volunteering and good on them.

Whilst most of the vaccination sites are very functional by necessity, I saw on the BBC last weekend a site at either Salisbury or Winchester Cathedral. As people were queuing to get in,the organist was playing in the background - it was absolutely charming. Did anyone see it?

Best wishes to you all and good luck with your jabs.

Jane

Thanks for all your hard work. I saw the Salisbury Cathedral vaccination centre too - what a nice way to be vaccinated! My concern about vaccination is the risk, even slight, of contracting the virus by airborne droplet transmission, because of the number of people, so the bigger and airier the space the better.

Interesting 90 minute ITV/ITN documentary last night too on the virus and the way it's been handled across the world. Very well done.

The UK did not come out well, with heavy criticism from the two experts for late and poor decision making at the top of government. Things could have been so much better.

• Like 3

Sobering front page on the Telegraph this morning. Apparently Sandwich in Kent has yet to receive any vaccine and in another article Cambridge and Peterborough Councils are offering jabs to their staff such as nursery school workers before priority groups in defiance of Government policy. Also, supplies of vaccine are not as expected from both Pfizer and AstraZenica 😟

• Like 3

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That's great birthday news Sarah after your dad got his vaccine today as well.

Yes, very good news, our local area seem to moving very quickly. 

I do really feel for the people in other areas who are still waiting though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I hope his employers have some common sense and empathy and don’t put pressure on him to go back to work too soon!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I hope his employers have some common sense and empathy and don’t put pressure on him to go back to work too soon!

Surely he cannot go back to work until he is symptom free  might be worth checking with 111 to see if he requires a further test.

• Like 1