Bye Bye Majesty and Empress (It's official)

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

But will they still take final payments for the already booked cruises?

No, all booked cruises on Empress and Majesty have been cancelled. You will automatically get a 125% future cruise credit, unless you choose a cash refund.

Edited by NancyIL

Thank you.  This is offered to you, I assume?  I can't ask for it?  How is it different than just taking what I have now and putting it on a future cruise?  I'm talking about the lift and shift.  I tried to "quote" NJkruzer's response, but I don't think I did it correctly.

Edited by DonnaMarieNJ

4 minutes ago, DonnaMarieNJ said:

Thank you.  This is offered to you, I assume?  I can't ask for it?  How is it different than just taking what I have now and putting it on a future cruise?  I'm talking about the lift and shift.  I tried to "quote" NJkruzer's response, but I don't think I did it correctly.

Someone told me they tried and were told no L&s from Empress 

24 minutes ago, DonnaMarieNJ said:

Once cruises are cancelled by the cruise line you cannot transfer money from that reservation to another.  You have to take a FCC or a refund. 

We still haven’t heard anything official from Royal. My sister, who is C&A like we are received an email, and she doesn’t have any cruise booked at this time.  We have an empress booked for July to Bermuda.  My question is, if we used FCC to pay for that one, do we get 125% FCC on that as well? In other words, I feel we had cruise that cost $1000, and we’d got a future CC that bumped to $1250, does it now bump to $1560? 

3 minutes ago, jjjandkk said:

We still haven’t heard anything official from Royal. My sister, who is C&A like we are received an email, and she doesn’t have any cruise booked at this time.  We have an empress booked for July to Bermuda.  My question is, if we used FCC to pay for that one, do we get 125% FCC on that as well? In other words, I feel we had cruise that cost $1000, and we’d got a future CC that bumped to $1250, does it now bump to $1560? 

You only get 125% on new money.  If you used a FCC to pay for the cruise it just gets reissued...you can’t double down on the FCC’s 

We took our family on their first cruise on monarch OTS out of Galveston and that started a tradition of cruising for them .  I miss all the fun & relaxing on a cruise going to the wonderful ports.  Hope it regains the necessary protocols to begin sailing the seas again.

• Thanks 1

It is a shame that Empress and Majesty did not have a Farewell Cruise before leaving the Royal Caribbean Fleet in 2020.  Empress would have had a Farewell Cruise in 2008 when she was transferred from Royal to Pullmantur, and another Farewell Cruise in 2016 when she transferred back to Royal from Pullmantur.  Poor Majesty never had any Farewell cruise.

I was on the first leg of a B2B on Majesty in March when cruising came to a halt.  As I departed Majesty one week early, I would never have thought that I was departing Majesty on its last cruise with Royal.

• Like 1

We were so sad to hear about the empress of the seas going. Travelled from Australia to Florida to go on a Cuba cruise. We saw this little ship amongst all the larger ships and were delighted to go it. The crew were so passionate with their work.( only a couple of aussies). I’m sure they will all miss their bond with this lovely ship. Thank you for the memories.

Our first cruise was on the Nordic Prince and we were amazed. We docked on day next to Majesty and in those days in you had a pass for one ship you could go onto another one to look around and so we went onto Majesty and could not believe the central atruium areal and bar. We were sure that they could never build a bigger ship...lol. A couple of years later we wanted to sail again and wanted to sail Majesty. After that we sailed her a couple of additional times. She aways brought back those fond memories. A great ship and a great crew. 

Empress goes to Cordelia Cruises in India which is a successor of Jalesh Cruises who just went bancrupt and sold their only (very nice!) ship for srapping. They call it a luxury cruise brand (with Empress?) and anounced a second ship to join soon.

14 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Empress goes to Cordelia Cruises in India which is a successor of Jalesh Cruises who just went bancrupt and sold their only (very nice!) ship for srapping. They call it a luxury cruise brand (with Empress?) and anounced a second ship to join soon.

Is there some sort of relationship between Cordelia Cruises and Royal?  As in any former employees of Royal working for Cordelia Cruises?