Bye Bye Majesty and Empress (It's official)

11 hours ago, soremekun said:

Is there some sort of relationship between Cordelia Cruises and Royal?  As in any former employees of Royal working for Cordelia Cruises?

No relationship between both lines. Cordelia is a start-up managed by the former Jalesh Cruises CEO.

On 12/28/2020 at 9:00 AM, Saab4444 said:

No relationship between both lines. Cordelia is a start-up managed by the former Jalesh Cruises CEO.

I may have the wrong person but when I look up Jurgen Bailom on LinkedIn, he is a former high ranking RCI and RCCL employee.

26 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I may have the wrong person but when I look up Jurgen Bailom on LinkedIn, he is a former high ranking RCI and RCCL employee.

Yes but this is not a relationship between both cruise lines, just an individual career history.

Sailed on Majesty in December 2019 and loved her.  What a marvelous crew.  Was booked out of NO for Feb 2022 and was so looking forward to it.  I had been looking at Empress cruises as I heard such wonderful things about her as well.  Very sad news, but so glad I was able to experience Majesty when I did.  

It is unfortunate that RCI will no longer have the ability to dock in either Hamilton or St. George, Bermuda any longer. As much as I love the larger ship, I would have considered a 7 day cruise to Bermuda on Empress to not have to be out at the Dockyard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is unfortunate that RCI will no longer have the ability to dock in either Hamilton or St. George, Bermuda any longer. As much as I love the larger ship, I would have considered a 7 day cruise to Bermuda on Empress to not have to be out at the Dockyard.

Our first Bermuda cruises were into St. Georges and Hamilton and that was really nice. The early cruises into Dockyards there were very few amenities.   It's better now but still annoying to be so far from Hamilton and St. Georges.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 3:07 AM, Biker19 said:

For context, here's the only ship which Jalesh (whose CEO now runs Cordelia) cruises had, at Alang - she was younger than Empress when she went to the scrappers:

Image may contain: sky, ocean, airplane, outdoor, nature and water

Sad thread for sure.

Got engaged on Empress (Nordic) back in 1990.  First ever cruise and left an impression on us.

Sailed on Majesty in 1996 after first child was born...same marriage :-).

On a side note, the ship pictured above appears to be another ship I sailed on "before children", circa 1992-1995.  It's either the Regal or Dawn Princess.  Long gone from the Princess fleet.

Similar profile, only with water!

2021-01-03 (2).png

2 hours ago, lgonquin said:

It's either the Regal or Dawn Princess.  Long gone from the Princess fleet.

Similar profile, only with water!

2021-01-03 (2).png

It would have been either Regal Princess or Crown Princess as those were the two sister ships designed by Italian Architect Renzo Piano and acquired while still under construction by P&O/Princess in the merger with Sitmar in 1988.  The ships were delivered in 1900 and 1991.  They were known for their distinct domed profile which Mr Piano said was inspired by a dolphin.  In many ways they were the basis for the future Sun Class Vessels for Princess.

Hi,  I cannot say how sad that we are. Yes - CoVid was the last stroke.  We always have loved cruising:  Above all - our Bermuda cruises - our first cruise on RCI Song of America (1996, 1997, 1998, 1999) and the others: Celebrity Zenith (2000, 2001, 2006), Holland America (2011, 2012), Celebrity Summit (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018) and Holland America (2019).  Our 17th cruise to Bermuda on the RCI Empress of the Seas to Hamilton and St. George was to be our last hurrah - where we began our enchanted and lovely journey . We planned a celebration of my husband’s 90th birthday with 3 generations of our family (15 children and grandchildren and us) on the Empress for July 2020.  My husband, one last time, wanted to visit Bermuda on the smaller ship to St. George and Hamilton.  With our final payment due and CoVid with us, we decided to cancel in March 2020 and so we rebooked in May for a 2021 July sailing on the Empress.  Then again it was snatched from our dreams,  We looked forward to our last cruise, our last toast of so many, at our favorite “paradise” at the Hamilton Princess after 16 Hamilton Princess toasts to the most beautiful place that God made!  Slainte!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bery said:

We looked forward to our last cruise, our last toast of so many, at our favorite “paradise” at the Hamilton Princess after 16 Hamilton Princess toasts to the most beautiful place that God made!  Slainte!

Ugh. Wishing you and your family the best.

☘️

Slainte! Cheers! Kanpai! Salud! 

Sailed on the Majesty 3 or 4 times and I just loved the bathrooms. You could sit on the “john” and face that shelf under the sink where you kept all your reading materials. Nothing like that on the newer ships. R.I.P. Majesty, you were dearly loved 💔

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2021 at 11:32 AM, njkruzer said:

Our first Bermuda cruises were into St. Georges and Hamilton and that was really nice. The early cruises into Dockyards there were very few amenities.   It's better now but still annoying to be so far from Hamilton and St. Georges.

We actually like Dockyards.  There are a lot of interesting shops and it's fun to walk around.  Also the public transportation system, buses and ferries, make travel to the other areas fairly simple.

1 hour ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Looks like Majesty may have started to sail to it’s new home and it may be on the way to the Suez Canal.

Looks like they were staying within Greek territorial limits once again.  The track is nearly an outline of the island's north side.

2 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

They won’t begin their delivery voyages until payment in full has been received and the check has cleared..........

Or they could risk it and a new reality TV show would be born... Cruise Ship Repo.

We hated Majesty (turns out we’re big ship people :)), but I am super sad to see these small ships go- I was hoping to try some of their unique itineraries (after we wrap up sampling all of the big ships out of the southern ports).  Does celebrity still have some smaller ships that visit the smaller, less common, islands?

Edited by vacationlover_mn
  • Like 1