Carnival out of San Juan

csj092809

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

They definitely aren't going to send a Vista class ship there.

I've taken two Southerns out of San Juan, both on Conquest class ships, prior to assigning the Fascination to that route.

Carnival Victory (now the Radiance) in 2012

Carnival Liberty in 2015

• Like 2

All other cruise lines (that had been sailing out of San Juan pre-Covid) have plans to return to San Juan for the 2021-22 season (most of them seasonally). With Carnival’s departure, Royal Caribbean will be the only year round cruise line out of San Juan. 

3 hours ago, highcorral25 said:

I've taken two Southerns out of San Juan, both on Conquest class ships, prior to assigning the Fascination to that route.

Carnival Victory (now the Radiance) in 2012

Carnival Liberty in 2015

Did you take another cruise out of San Juan that you didn’t mention? You said you cruised on two Conquest class ships, but listed Victory (Destiny class ship) and Liberty (Conquest class ship). 

San Juan is our favorite embarkation port. We've sailed Carnival twice (Destiny and Valor) as well as a fantastic Windstar cruise.  We were excited to be booked on one of Carnival's 'alternate' itineraries in 2022 but alas. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

They definitely aren't going to send a Vista class ship there.

St. G...... I meant 'scheduled in the future', not any particular ship or class of ships! 🤪

Edited by jsglow

59 minutes ago, jsglow said:

St. G...... I meant 'scheduled in the future', not any particular ship or class of ships! 🤪

It was a joke. You said "nothing on the horizon." Horizon. I think a couple of people got it.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I did 2 solo Celebrity Summit winter cruises, inside cabin, that were less than what Carnival wanted, and I was on a much nicer ship.  I really enjoyed using the adult only enclosed heated pool after a day's excursion.  Sometimes it pays to shop for pricing and not assume Carnival is the best option.

I did sail out of SJU on Carnival for an 11 day cruise, but that was the second part of a B2B that started and ended in Miami.

• Like 1

The itinerary out of San Juan was definitely our favorite.  We were actually booked on Fascination for the 10/31/2021 sailing out of San Juan on one of the alternate itineraries they were offering in 2021.  We'd have gone to St. Thomas; Antigua; Dominica; Grenada; and Barbados (extra long day in Barbados), two new and one almost new port for us.  We were notified this past summer that the cruise was cancelled, shortly before it was announced that Fascination was, at the time, "on hold".  Now that Carnival has and will continue to bring in some larger ships, it would be nice if they'd put a Conquest class ship or even a Spirit class ship in San Juan to do that itinerary. 

• Like 2

No one knows for sure. It's only conjecture. Hell, even Carnival might not know right now.

I absolutely loved my San Juan cruise. The price was extremely low too. Which is good for me, but doesn't indicate that it was a cash cow for Carnival. Now the Fascination was not a destination ship, but Royal did have bigger ships there. 

Personally, unless something incredibly crazy happens, I can't imagine Carnival being done with San Juan forever. However, in the current climate, everything is limited. San Juan is not as accessible as many other ports. I don't see it anytime soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pghsteelerfan said:

The itinerary out of San Juan was definitely our favorite.  

Now that Carnival has and will continue to bring in some larger ships,

it would be nice if they'd put a Conquest class ship

or even a Spirit class ship in San Juan to do that itinerary. 

From your mouth to God's ear, as they say!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aplmac said:

From your mouth to God's ear, as they say!

Hello Aplmac!!  That is definitely worth a try, especially since PR and the islands visited would definitely benefit having the cruisers and there are other cruisers who want to get back to these beautiful places.  😄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pghsteelerfan said:

The itinerary out of San Juan was definitely our favorite.  We were actually booked on Fascination for the 10/31/2021 sailing out of San Juan on one of the alternate itineraries they were offering in 2021.  We'd have gone to St. Thomas; Antigua; Dominica; Grenada; and Barbados (extra long day in Barbados), two new and one almost new port for us.  We were notified this past summer that the cruise was cancelled, shortly before it was announced that Fascination was, at the time, "on hold".  Now that Carnival has and will continue to bring in some larger ships, it would be nice if they'd put a Conquest class ship or even a Spirit class ship in San Juan to do that itinerary. 

I agree. I hope they do too. We had one booked for January on the Fascination. Had rebooked the ABCs on the Horizon. Both canceled obviously. 😔

• Like 2

They said that there are no plans for 2021-2022 to return to San Juan, maybe 2023.  I would assume that the ships they are keeping are in ports where they make more money.  If a ship in San Juan made more than the ship in Jacksonville, they would move the ship there as soon as they could.  I'm sure the contract in San Juan was up and they have contracts in other ports, like Mobile.

Let Carnival know!  Email icare@carnival.com and let them know that we all want San Juan to remain part of their embarkation ports.  

I never got the chance to since our Fascination sailing was cancelled due to the ship being commissioned for hurricane relief but my wife and I still plan on it eventually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1