2021 - Good days or Bad ??

We are currently booked to do the Black Sea in June. I can’t see us doing that one. We have booked the Transpacific on the Ovation for September but realistically I can’t see that one going while there are bans in place in the US for cruises over 7 days. Our best bet is our Nov 2021 cruise on the Eclipse doing the GBR.🤞 

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Enjoy your week in rural Vic.  Are you returning to the same place which looked really beautiful?

Yes  we  got a good deal.... also  don't want crowds yet... also prices are up around the coast in victoria, particularly Apollo Bay

The girls' Tassie trip is on again.  They are travelling to ACT via the Newell Highway well away from NSW hotspots, so they can travel via Vic to Tassie ferry.  Travel research takes on a whole new approach these days.  

We are looking at Tassie around March  for the BH birthday as did 10 years ago and would like to go back to Coles Bay and have a splurge...( as well as over indulgence in everything wonderful )

But will wait a bit before booking....

Also enjoy whatever trips away you get... cheers Don  

Well heeled tourists from Canberra and Sydney are forking out $7000 a week for holiday houses down here these holidays, like a 4 bedroom, distant ocean or bay views, 500m away.  Yes you heard it folks, a grand a night.

Air bnb and stayz are doing well.

Edited by NSWP

30 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Well heeled tourists from Canberra and Sydney are forking out $7000 a week for holiday houses down here these holidays, like a 4 bedroom, distant ocean or bay views, 500m away.  Yes you heard it folks, a grand a night.

Air bnb and stayz are doing well.

I was surprised at the cost of off season accommodation in your region.  Would it be because you are close to Canberra?  

Air bnb and stayz have forced increased accommodation prices.  I always book direct now, but have used Air bnb in Aust and overseas in the past.

12 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I was surprised at the cost of off season accommodation in your region.  Would it be because you are close to Canberra?  

Air bnb and stayz have forced increased accommodation prices.  I always book direct now, but have used Air bnb in Aust and overseas in the past.

I am not sure the South coast has an off season for many Canberrans (well heeled or not).

12 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Not off season, now holiday season. Many holiday homes here are leased by owners to real estate agents like LJ Hooker, who then list the properties with Airbnb and Stayz etc.

Edited by NSWP

I think 2021 will be more of the same.  Perhaps even a bit tougher as the economic consequences of a pandemic will start to bite.  The NZ Govt have stated that they believe it will be 18 months til the vaccinations are fully rolled out and they start relaxing the border controls so that takes us to June '22.  I have a Celebrity cruise booked out of AUS in Jan 22 and I am not confident that it will go, or, if it does go that I will be on it.  The smaller luxury lines will likely start operating within NZ and Aus as Ponant are but they will probably be out of my budget.

Lest I sound like a merchant of doom, I am also very grateful to live in NZ.  We live in a beautiful country, we have freedom of movement and unrestricted social access, at least at present.  I look at the news coming in from the Northern Hemisphere and am so glad to be here.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Not off season, now holiday season. Many holiday homes here are leased by owners to real estate agents like LJ Hooker, who then list the properties with Airbnb and Stayz etc.

I realise it is high season now, hence the high prices.  I only travel low season and was surprised at the high costs in the region when I visited during low season (November).  

In fact I've had many surprises travelling at low season.  One November holiday to Perth and WA, I took only summer clothes and froze!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, onlyslightlymad said:

I think 2021 will be more of the same.  Perhaps even a bit tougher as the economic consequences of a pandemic will start to bite.  The NZ Govt have stated that they believe it will be 18 months til the vaccinations are fully rolled out and they start relaxing the border controls so that takes us to June '22.  I have a Celebrity cruise booked out of AUS in Jan 22 and I am not confident that it will go, or, if it does go that I will be on it.  The smaller luxury lines will likely start operating within NZ and Aus as Ponant are but they will probably be out of my budget.

Lest I sound like a merchant of doom, I am also very grateful to live in NZ.  We live in a beautiful country, we have freedom of movement and unrestricted social access, at least at present.  I look at the news coming in from the Northern Hemisphere and am so glad to be here.

I feel the same about living in Queensland.  I am so grateful to live here.  I have friends in NY, Florida and London, so watch in horror how the virus is spreading in those places.  

I'm looking forward to Aus/NZ bubble, but would only travel from Brisbane/Gold Coast to NZ until the virus is under control.  The worry with the current vaccines is they don't stop people catching and possibly spreading the virus (but stops them getting sick).

• Like 1

I think crusing can commence but limited to the South Pacific region maybe later in 2021 or earlier 2022.

As for vaccine. Who knows, part of the population won't be able to take it, part will refuse to take it, and some are just jumping up and down with it.

I think first part of 2021 wil look a lot like 2020, but second half will ease off. 

37 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

I think crusing can commence but limited to the South Pacific region maybe later in 2021 or earlier 2022.

As for vaccine. Who knows, part of the population won't be able to take it, part will refuse to take it, and some are just jumping up and down with it.

I think first part of 2021 wil look a lot like 2020, but second half will ease off. 

Welcome back to the dark side Sarah, happy new year.

5 hours ago, icat2000 said:

I certainly hope so.

On 12/30/2020 at 5:01 PM, Elorac123 said:

Apart from flights to and from we are staying on land in 21.

Booked for Tasmania early Feb and Broome to Darwin in July.

Hopefully back cruising NZ in Feb 22

Hope you all have a Happy New Year.

Cheers Carole

Hi there, how do you think your chances of going to Tasmania are now?

We have also booked & paid for air & a motor home for February for my 60th...should have been a cruise. Anyway not feeling very encouraged today after Brisbane going into lockdown😨 We only booked in November when everything seemed safer & brighter.

1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

Hi there, how do you think your chances of going to Tasmania are now?

We have also booked & paid for air & a motor home for February for my 60th...should have been a cruise. Anyway not feeling very encouraged today after Brisbane going into lockdown😨 We only booked in November when everything seemed safer & brighter.

Don’t know what to think Joe air fares paid for plus paid a third deposit,its a wait and see, supposed to go on the 8th Feb.

Full payment day is only one week before so that will be decision day,

Fingers feet and eyes crossed

Cheers Carole

22 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Don’t know what to think Joe air fares paid for plus paid a third deposit,its a wait and see, supposed to go on the 8th Feb.

Full payment day is only one week before so that will be decision day,

Fingers feet and eyes crossed

Cheers Carole

Yes we need to keep everything crossed i think.🤞

We only made full payment on the 6th, so now we just wait & see what happens. 

We live 2.5 hours north of Brisbane so aren't in lockdown ourselves.