More suspensions coming?

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Hush, I'm april 25th and cancelled the credit card I put the deposit on. Dont know what to do. I'm hoping they extend some lift and shifts or something at the end of january so I have some options.

My cruise is actually L&S eligible, but of our 2 family's going, we have 5 kids in 3 different schools from 2 different towns, and the mom of the other family is a teacher from a different town. Getting the same week off for spring break next year would be a miracle in itself, but the other 3 adults also need to get the vacation approved. April break is tough for my wife to get off, and since she got it this year, it's not happening next year. I'd really just love my money back without having to fork over more first. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for a L&S extension. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

How do you know when the refund is available at the credit card company?  Are they contacting you?

No. The old card still shows on the app as closed account. My new card is same company. So I go to app and old card has negative balance.  I have to call for the check. Maybe they would sent after so many days. I don’t know. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, twangster said:

Even if you are an overly optimistic person and a start up ship like Navigator sails "soon", the rest of the fleet will not sail soon.  Consequently I do think there are more cancellations coming.  

+1

Probably thru the end of the year. Could be 2022 before a full fleet is sailing again. Whatever constitutes a full fleet. 

I fully expect my late April cruise to be cancelled, and have concerns about the ones booked in June, July, August and September.  But I am feeling good about my December cruise.  Everyone who wants to be should be vaccinated by then.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

I fully expect my late April cruise to be cancelled, and have concerns about the ones booked in June, July, August and September.  But I am feeling good about my December cruise.  Everyone who wants to be should be vaccinated by then.  

Last March I was feeling pretty good about the cruise I was supposed to be on 3 weeks from now.😉

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Have yet to receive official cancellation notice for our April 19, 2021 eleven night cruise, Lisbon to Southampton. Knowing that it will not go, we did a L&S to April 24, 2022 eleven night cruise, Barcelona to Venice. Different itineraries but both are new ports for us with the exception of one stop on each sailing.

Did not want the hassle of final payment or cancelling ourselves and being assessed cancellation fees. Fortunately, the Lift & Shift feature is a valuable tool in avoiding unnecessary inconvenience and expense.

That’s because it has not been cancelled.

The sailings from Europe are unaffected by any CDC ruling.

The ship could deadhead across the Atlantic and then board with purely European passengers, which would keep low capacity onboard to test protocols. 

Latest news from this side of the pond. The AZ vaccine has been approved and roll out to start on Monday. They are now talking about giving everyone one jab initially to get everyone some protection and then followed up by second jab in 12 weeks.  If this happens everyone should be vaccinated by end March for first Jab, and end June for second Jab

So hopefully we can expect cruises to start again from UK by June at the latest. Maybe even by end March with protocols if the rates of infection fall significantly after the first round of jabs 🤞

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sgmn said:

If this happens everyone should be vaccinated by end March for first Jab

Are there no anti-vaxxers in the UK or at least significant numbers who won't take it?

Biker, who is bored and likes to stir the pot occasionally.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We have Celebrity EDGE April 18 '21 TA from Ft Lauderdale. No L&S options show as available to me or my TA. He's waiting to hear back from Celebrity as to why there aren't any L&S options. 

There was a TA webinar a couple of weeks ago and the marketing VP may have addressed this issue.  Celebrity is still planning on cruises longer than 7 days in Europe this summer.  Celebrity understands that the CDC isn't permitting cruises longer than 7 days from the US until November 2021.  The marketing VP said that they have requested the CDC waive the 7-day rule for transatlantic cruises because if there is a problem the ship won't be returning to the US.  They are still awaiting a response from the CDC.

9 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

There was a TA webinar a couple of weeks ago and the marketing VP may have addressed this issue.  Celebrity is still planning on cruises longer than 7 days in Europe this summer.  Celebrity understands that the CDC isn't permitting cruises longer than 7 days from the US until November 2021.  The marketing VP said that they have requested the CDC waive the 7-day rule for transatlantic cruises because if there is a problem the ship won't be returning to the US.  They are still awaiting a response from the CDC.

Did they explain why they are still offering Caribbean cruises longer than 7 nights for sale?

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Many on here like to keep up to date on what is happening with the other cruise lines and "not to sound like a donkey's rear end" but why bother posting if you don't care?

Beating a dead horse.  Suspensions will continue to happen until they aren't.  

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Beating a dead horse.  Suspensions will continue to happen until they aren't.  

I don't think anyone is beating a dead horse. @Ourusualbeach was simply providing updated information. I appreciated his post and would certainly not discourage him from continuing to provide updates.

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Last March I was feeling pretty good about the cruise I was supposed to be on 3 weeks from now.😉

I get it. I would have been on the Scarlet Lady this week. I need to hold on to some hope and December 2021 looks better than the earlier months.  

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Are there no anti-vaxxers in the UK or at least significant numbers who won't take it?

I'm sure there are anti vaxers in the UK. It's a free country and won't be mandatory. Hopefully the majority of people who do take the jab will drive the virus rates right down, and as M8 says ad nauseam, the others who don't take it will be responsible for their own actions 

Just trying to bring some positive news, I am hopeful cruises will start up ex UK by the summer 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

No. The old card still shows on the app as closed account. My new card is same company. So I go to app and old card has negative balance.  I have to call for the check. Maybe they would sent after so many days. I don’t know. 

I have a large credit balance on my credit card due to many cancellations.  I used half of it to pay down on overpriced river cruise in 2023, plus new couch ordered, and have remodel of our bathroom to pay for.  Won't be a credit balance for long.  😉  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2