More suspensions coming?

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did they explain why they are still offering Caribbean cruises longer than 7 nights for sale?

Did CDC explain why they allow <= 7-night cruises only?  Logically, it should be opposite: it would be less people to deal with regarding all these 70-page embarkation protocols during any given time-frame on longer cruises.

2 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

Did CDC explain why they allow <= 7-night cruises only?  Logically, it should be opposite: it would be less people to deal with regarding all these 70-page embarkation protocols during any given time-frame on longer cruises.

The premise seems to be that longer cruises meant that the ships were further away from a port and assistance in case of an outbreak as well as the longer the cruise the greater the chance of a large outbreak occurring on board. 

whatever the reason it is theirs to make.  Why Celebrity is still selling those cruises is a different story. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 10:15 AM, Seville2Cabo said:

I’ve canceled or received credits on a canceled card 6 times since March.  I have to call the CC company and ask for them to send me a check.  Add about 2 weeks to the refund process. I have a new card with same company (capital one). I ask that they just credit the new account.  No can do.  As soon as they cancel my March cruise, I will get the FCC, but thee taxes and fees will be credited to the old card and will have to call again.  

We have a RCCL Visa and had to cancel our card and requested a new one. Any future refunds have always been credited to the new card automatically. Thanks Visa!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I had a small negative balance on a credit card I don't use often and after a few months they sent me a check for it without me asking (or even wanting them to).

When started writing checks about 40yrs ago. Thought I'd round up to next dollar and have credit on next months Bill, well 2 of them would then send me a refund check for little as 5-10cents. 

• Haha 2

On 12/29/2020 at 1:46 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

NCL just suspended their remaining sailings through the end of March.   Wondering how long it will take Royal to follow....probably another 2 weeks until final payment has passed on the short cruises. 

Cunard have suspended to May apparently.

52 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I have been checking today, interested in upgrading our April suites on the Allure. The prices are really, really high!

They probably know they can't fill the ship, so why not target the room class that people would most likely be able to splurge on?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is just on the 4 Oasis class ships.  Been like that for over a week.  There is at least 1 cabin type in each category that is still available to be booked...nothing is completely closed

On another group I look at someone commented that they were going on a group cruise and some had inside rooms on Symphony in April.  Those with inside rooms were moved to balcony cabins recently. 

• Like 2

On 12/30/2020 at 9:17 AM, sgmn said:

Latest news from this side of the pond. The AZ vaccine has been approved and roll out to start on Monday. They are now talking about giving everyone one jab initially to get everyone some protection and then followed up by second jab in 12 weeks.  If this happens everyone should be vaccinated by end March for first Jab, and end June for second Jab

So hopefully we can expect cruises to start again from UK by June at the latest. Maybe even by end March with protocols if the rates of infection fall significantly after the first round of jabs 🤞

It's not everyone. its the 25mil people over 55 and the vulnerable.  End of year at the earliest for EVERYONE to get the jabs.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, toad455 said:

At this point we might get two ships sailing by the summer. The vaccine roll-out is moving at a snails pace.

The CDC and medical fields had months to plan how they would roll it out in the US. The rollout definitely looks like government work.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sean of the seas said:

It's not everyone. its the 25mil people over 55 and the vulnerable.  End of year at the earliest for EVERYONE to get the jabs.

Yes you are correct,I got carried away 😁. Top four tiers hopefully by mid Feb