Technical Stop Only requested in Canada 2/25/21

Ombud

19 hours ago, Potstech said:

She can attempt to make it happen but all it will take is one Democrat senator to say NO and nothing will happen with it. Many Senators are now seeing what they can get by their NO vote.

Well that's true if the proposal is partisan. The current minority party has been known as pro-business so there may be some votes to be obtained on that side as getting the ships moving into American ports is good for American business.

11 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Well that's true if the proposal is partisan. The current minority party has been known as pro-business so there may be some votes to be obtained on that side as getting the ships moving into American ports is good for American business.

CB back in PE today - scheduled to depart 17:00 ... multi-day cruise ... if only 🦄

Ft Lauderdale Webcam - A Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale Web Cam

On 3/1/2021 at 8:49 AM, chengkp75 said:

View from my office window this morning, after the morning Texas fog has burned off.  Sorry, don't know how to rotate it.

0301211046_resized.jpg

Does that mean you don't know how to do a wheely? I envisioned the bow rotating up and the keel staying in the water

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

They'll attach a minimum wage provision and a few pork items for good measure.  LOL.

Nothing new there  Just like the current ripoff being discussed in the Senate.

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

They'll attach a minimum wage provision and a few pork items for good measure.  LOL.

Our minimum wage is already $14 hr going to $15 hr 2023. So take it out and it's $15 in 2023 instead of 2022. Big whoop .... 12 month delay

6 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Our minimum wage is already $14 hr going to $15 hr 2023. So take it out and it's $15 in 2023 instead of 2022. Big whoop .... 12 month delay

But not on a cruise ship.  I was just making the joke.

Edited by Steelers36

19 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Is room & board included? $3.77 sounds bad until you compare it with their home countries

Yes, room and board for the crew member, but not for his/her family.  Most crew earn about an upper middle class income in their home country.  And, that $3.77 includes the DSC for those in the DSC pool.

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

While I won't chime in on one side of the proposed wage hike I will interject here to say they are not talking about wages in SF. They are talking about the Federal Minimum Wage which is $7.25/hr. Whether it belongs as something attached to the COVID legislation is for others to argue about. I learned long ago that my opinions aren't ever considered by the government.

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2021 at 4:39 PM, Thrak said:

While I won't chime in on one side of the proposed wage hike I will interject here to say they are not talking about wages in SF. They are talking about the Federal Minimum Wage which is $7.25/hr. Whether it belongs as something attached to the COVID legislation is for others to argue about. I learned long ago that my opinions aren't ever considered by the government.

Do you recall how American Samoa’s tuna canning industry was severely damaged by the $7.25 per hour?  I am sure that $15 an hour would force the business to close.  Their cost of living is a  lot less, due to no costs for housing.  (What our tour guide said)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

URL?

It's here.  https://www.facebook.com/PrincessVPSales/videos/261994945480226

The discussion is around the 14 minute mark but the part before that is quite interesting if you want to listen to why they cancelled the Southampton cruises.  The whole talk is interesting as it was mostly Q&A.  He's doing another one next Thursday.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

The discussion is around the 14 minute mark but the part before that is quite interesting if you want to listen to why they cancelled the Southampton cruises.  The whole talk is interesting as it was mostly Q&A.  He's doing another one next Thursday.

Anyway to get the link to hear it live next week?

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Anyway to get the link to hear it live next week?

Usually the link will appear on his FB page when it goes live.  I clicked on the registration in the announcement post about the upcoming webinar and there is a link in it that you may want to try:  http://salessupport.princess.com/2021-0304-VE-AK-Registration-Closed

EDITTED:  The post clearly says that this is the registration page for next week but it appears to go to the registration for last Thursdays chat.  Best plan is probably to go to his page around 11 PST on Thursday.

Edited by azbirdmom

5 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Usually the link will appear on his FB page when it goes live.  I clicked on the registration in the announcement post about the upcoming webinar and there is a link in it that you may want to try:  http://salessupport.princess.com/2021-0304-VE-AK-Registration-Closed

EDITTED:  The post clearly says that this is the registration page for next week but it appears to go to the registration for last Thursdays chat.  Best plan is probably to go to his page around 11 PST on Thursday to see if there is a webinar after all.  The post I got that from by the way was pinned to the top and posted two days ago, so after the last webinar.  But it matches a post he made before that webinar so it could just be a mistake!

6 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:

H.R.1318 is the Bill introduced by Congressman Dan Young of Alaska

S.593 is the Bill introduced by Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska

Cheers

And bills introduced by members of whatever party is in the minority do not get any priority. Do either of these bills have a cosponsor who is a member of the present majority party?

On 3/6/2021 at 10:11 AM, azbirdmom said:

Very interesting webinar.

One question I have never seen answered is why were the Baltic cruises moved from starting in Copenhagen to starting in Southampton in the first place?

Do yopu know the answer?

31 minutes ago, caribill said:

Very interesting webinar.

One question I have never seen answered is why were the Baltic cruises moved from starting in Copenhagen to starting in Southampton in the first place?

Do yopu know the answer?

When did that happen? Are there no more that start in Copenhagen? Ours did, but that was back in 2007 (Star Princess.)