Oosterdam Anchorage
Volendam Anchorage

Zaandam Anchorage

0228Tor.thumb.png.6768fc13029037260c2ca79a0e3e53c9.png

0228USA.thumb.png.b884e1c2a0c330c47b635c503b29835d.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 6

Thank you for the final February Daily, Rich.  Floral designs are beautiful but I'll pass on the other 2 days.  Cleaver is quite clever.  The pizza sounds quite nice but my alternative is Tropical Fruit Medley, Lamb Shank, and Baked Alaska, my final dinner on MS Koningsdam before continuing on to the Crystal Serenity and Zaandam.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/dishes0228.jpg

Today's care list:

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

myself facing cardiac surgery

NextOne DH recovering from surgery and facing chemo

HAL (and other crews)

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

smitty34877 visiting grand kids

Quick furnace repair for ger-77

Vaccine appointments for Sharon

Shots complete for TheKingD

Johnson & Johnson EUA

This community

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for the Daily Report.

Interesting days.  I love chili.  I won't be doing any public sleeping.  And I wish I had some fresh flowers.

Love the quote.

The meal sounds good, so does the drink of the day.  Looking forward to reading about the wine.

Love the maps.

It's foggy here this morning, but we have a wind warning for tonight, hope the power stays on.

Have a wonderful Sunday.  Sending prayers for all.

Stay safe.

• Like 19

Good morning.  Can't believe February is over.  Thank you Rich and Roy for your dedication to our great place.  Great group of days and the meal sounds wonderful.

Prayers and toasts to our list.  Happy more and more of us are getting their jabs.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Armagnac Side Car:

Ingredient
1 lemon wedge
Granulated sugar
Ice
1 1/2 ounces Armagnac
1/2 ounce Cointreau or other triple sec
1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
1/4 ounce Simple Syrup
1 lemon wheel
Instructions
Step 1 Moisten the outer rim of a martini glass with the lemon wedge; coat lightly with sugar. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice; add all of the remaining ingredients except the lemon wheel. Shake well. Strain into the glass; garnish with the lemon wheel.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 6.54.04 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile.

I am busy planning where the new babies will go in planters & new perennials in the gardens when it is safe so I guess that sort of counts as Floral Design Day 😉 

That quote of Cleaver is true indeed!

Not sure what we will have for dinner, but since we had pizza last night I think we will have to pass on the meal suggestion.

But first, I have to de-ice the driveway.  We got nailed with a pile of snow that turned into freezing rain so all there is now is ice 😡. I can deal with snow but ice and I are not friends.  I’ve about had it with winter.

5BFE144C-DB22-4F61-A873-DE698B5234F2.thumb.jpeg.69406bebd574b8c007697d6ddfd635e9.jpeg

Looking forward to hearing about the drink of the day and the wine suggestion.

I got taken aback this morning.  I went to look at yesterday’s post to check which pictures I posted and there’s no post 😱. I’m not sure if it was removed or if something went wrong with CC.

I’ve been busy this week starting and coddling seeds.  And since I need to see what begonias that I saved will take, I have 6 trays of begonias started.  Yes, the living room is turning into a greenhouse again 😉 

DH wants to get more involved in the gardening.  Heaven help me. He keeps looking at perennials that can’t go in my gardens 😉. I have a feeling his help is going to end up like this:

5492B128-6EC5-495B-B597-CAB1A2CD371E.jpeg.3be3897e46b6aa1fd43e4692cb376add.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & for those that need them and a toast to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a good Sunday, everyone.  Stay warm and safe and don’t forget your masks 😷 

6A80B585-142B-48CE-99AE-CCE105625B59.jpeg.3787a0b2aeae01ab328bed8311de7504.jpeg

• Like 33
  • Haha 1

Good morning all! 

I made chili the other day so I’m thinking I will have a bowl this afternoon to celebrate. Public sleeping? Hmm. I love flowers. On my first cruise on the Noordam (which happened to be her first cruise through the Panama Canal & my first Neptune suite) they had a guest florist who had created some beautiful arrangements all over the ship including on all the dining room tables. She also gave a talk or two as I remember.

I’ll be having an early breakfast this morning and some live-streamed church a little later. Looks to be a rainy day here, went to sleep with the sound of it as well.

Take care all,

St Louis Sal

• Like 22

Good morning, everyone!

It is a dark and gloomy day here today, but good spirits remain.  The rest of the week looks like it will be a good one, so I'll concentrate on that.  

Nothing big planned today.  I was hoping to get outside and walk around the neighborhood, but I'm not sure the weather will cooperate.  

I love chili and don't need a day to have it.  Nothing better on a cold winter night than a bowl of nice hot chili.  

Today's meal reminds me more of party food than dinner.   When we were kids we used to do something similar that we called Cheesers.   We just used a slice of any kind of bread, put a slice of cheese on it, perhaps some ketchup and stuck it under the broiler for a few minutes.  The great part about this meal suggestion is that it is quick, easy and can be adapted to any palate.  

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/garlic-toast-pizzas/

Garlic toast pizza.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Wonder how soon before the ships start moving around again. LOL at Public Sleeping Day. Who thinks these things up?

Roy thank you for keeping our lists & reminding me February is almost over! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! Denise, you should create an illustrated book and call it something like “The Adventures of Mama”, or perhaps something more in keeping with her current role. Joy, you are such a special woman. Thank you for caring. 

Debbie, that meal would be a great family gathering meal, where everyone gets to pick their own toppings, before popping them in the oven. Summer, that drink sounds amazing, and almost resembles a glass of honey in your pic!

Last night at the beach was amazing, and already lots of bikes have arrived for the next few weeks activities. Hope people are careful. It is another beautiful morning here. Not sure what I will end up doing today. It is almost warm enough to kayak, though perhaps not the water.😎

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

If you are not picky about the vintage, you should be able to find this wine locally for less than $30. And all released vintages share the same great rating.  I know I would like to at least taste this wine. Chocolate is mentioned in the description!

Winemaker Notes

#27 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017 

Alto Moncayo Veraton offers attractive collection of balsamic notes, as well as notes of chocolate and black fruits. It is very warm in the mouth and has an extremely pleasant finish.

JS93 James Suckling: Much brighter and fresher than the other garnachas from this producer with herbal, orange peel and delicate berry notes. The tannins are fresh and almost crisp, easily balancing the full body. Long dry finish of some complexity.

WS92 Wine Spectator: Expressive flavors of cherry, raspberry and dark chocolate mingle in this polished red, balanced by notes of licorice and wild herbs. The tannins are well-integrated, and balsamic acidity keeps this balanced. Dense and harmonious, in the modern style. Drink now through 2022.

• Like 23

It's been two weeks since our second Pfizer shot, so we're supposedly "immune".   So now we feel as the old saying, "all dressed up and no place to go".  But we'll get back aboard someday.

Picture is Nordkapp at the northern tip of Norway.

IMG_5600.JPG

Edited by Aardvaark
Add picture
  • Like 26

God's blessings on all of our fellow Daily-ites this morning. 

Thank you Rich for our Daily. To Roy, drink ladies, and recipe goddess, thank you for your contributions. You've been faithful to this thread a long time.

Denise, your sketch of Mama's nest is so sweet. I'm sure she feels more secure being close to your window. Ann your wine review is interesting,  but red is red..

Jacqui you are our gardener extraordinaire! We should name you Miss Minny Busch Gardens Lady.. Claudio says he's going to be replacing about half our plants as they died during the Texas freeze. I already have my containers for my herbs, now just need patience. 

I cleaned up the patio yesterday and Allen and I enjoyed Happy Hour and watched our singing birds. It was 77. Rain due later today and through tomorrow. 

Wishing all thoughts and prayers, happiness and celebration today.

Joy

Edited by Seasick Sailor
  • Like 19

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I love flowers and admire those with the talent to arrange them so artfully; I put them in a vase and hope for the best.  I'm not comfortable sleeping in public, in fact they'd probably frown on it if I did so at the grocery store.  LOL

@kazu thanks for the reminder about the begonias; mine are in paper bags downstairs - I guess it's time to pot them and see if they'll revive for me.

@cat shepard you had me at chocolate!  It sounds like a great wine, one I could really enjoy; I'll keep my eyes open for it next time I do a wine run.

@St. Louis Sal what beautiful cupcakes!  Although I'd hate to ruin the bouquet, I'd be willing to try just one  . . . 

Because it's National Chili Day, I think I'll go with it - we've got all the ingredients to make up a pot that will provide dinner and leftovers to store in the "ice cave" for later.  Add a side of rice and garlic toast and that'll be a great dinner for us tonight.  And wine.

Speaking of wine, it's been such a long time since we've done any kind of entertaining in our homes, so this photo really spoke to me today.

image.thumb.png.383f2d93d309577268ce863e899653b6.png

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra hugs for Roy.  Raising the wine glasses to toast all on the happy list tonight.  Be well, stay safe, wash your hands and wear your mask(s).

See you next month!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 28

Hello  to  all. I  guess  I   will  have  to  be patient  for  a  little  while  longer and  schedule  our  visit  with  my  son's  family  for  Easter. My  DIL  is  concerned  about  the  variant  in  the  New  York  area,our  continued high  number  of  cases  in  our  zip  code  and  the  increased cases  in  New  Hampshire. I  reluctantly  agree  as  both  of  us  have  medical  issues  that  make us  more  risk  prone. We  will  continue  our  video  chats  with  the  family in  the  interim. I  am  sure  that  there  are  many  others  dealing  with  similar  situations  and  we  are  not  alone  in  this.

Terry

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Chili sounds good, but not sure if it will be on the menu tonight.  Love flowers, but I’m also one who just sticks them in a vase.  The quote is very true.

When the blue hulled beauties are again sailing, I think sleeping in public will be celebrated everyday.  You cannot walk through the Crows Nest or the library, especially on sea days, without seeing several people asleep.  😀

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Haha 3

Good Morning everyone.

I have been missing for the past week as my brother died suddenly in Boston. Had just announced his retirement and was getting ready for work when he was stricken. It is hard to get my head around it. So we flew on a full airplane to Boston. We doublemasked and I wiped everything down.  Home now but I feel we should stay away from anyone. 

On a much better note, our friends picked us up at the airport and went directly for our 2nd shot. Very well organized, they gave us lollipops and masks. The EMTs from Orlando were giving the shots.

Stay safe everyone and be extra kind to your friends and family.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kazu said:

I got taken aback this morning.  I went to look at yesterday’s post to check which pictures I posted and there’s no post 😱. I’m not sure if it was removed or if something went wrong with CC.

I wondered why I didn’t see your post with pictures yesterday!!

• Like 7