Coco Cay Cabana Prices!

Here's my thought. There is so much to do on Coco Cay especially if you have children, ask yourself how much time will you actually spend in that $1199 - $1899 shed with seat cushions. There are some who will sit there all day and read a book but others may want to be more active and explore.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Here's my thought. There is so much to do on Coco Cay especially if you have children, ask yourself how much time will you actually spend in that $1199 - $1899 shed with seat cushions. There are some who will sit there all day and read a book but others may want to be more active and explore.

👍

When I first purchased the overwater cabana, I was going to be about 2 months out from hip replacement surgery. Sitting on the water, reading a book, sounded like heaven. Since we would have been cruising with a multi-generational family,  we were going to stay in the cabana and the young adults could go over to the waterpark and the cabana would serve as a meeting place for lunch or if they just wanted to chill. For 6 people and the upgraded food, it was only $283 a person. We have paid more in excursions to swim with dolphins, etc and with no food included.

3 minutes ago, cured said:

👍

When I first purchased the overwater cabana, I was going to be about 2 months out from hip replacement surgery. Sitting on the water, reading a book, sounded like heaven. Since we would have been cruising with a multi-generational family,  we were going to stay in the cabana and the young adults could go over to the waterpark and the cabana would serve as a meeting place for lunch or if they just wanted to chill. For 6 people and the upgraded food, it was only $283 a person. We have paid more in excursions to swim with dolphins, etc and with no food included.

If they charged by the person I would consider it at $238 pp but $600 to $900 pp for 2 people no thank you. Even after my hip replacement last year a week before the covid shut down I was still on the move. 

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

If they charged by the person I would consider it at $238 pp but $600 to $900 pp for 2 people no thank you. Even after my hip replacement last year a week before the covid shut down I was still on the move. 

I felt like I could walk anywhere, but my surgeon was limiting me to a mile a day. That is about 4,000 steps. I get that before noon just walking on the ship.  

I agree. For 2 people, it is crazy ridiculous.  For 6, it was within what we would pay per person for an excursion.  We had an Alaskan cruise booked and I so wanted to do the helicopter/dog mushing excursion. But at $600pp, hubby nixed that. I think it was more the helicopter ride and was using the cost as an excuse 🤣

Edited by cured
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 3:52 PM, Djsmrs said:

Even the day passes are insane.    For our April 2022 cruise (which was meant to be April 2021) a day pass for the beach club was about$100, now they're $250'ish.    There's no way I'm dropping a G-note to sit by the "fancy" pool for the day - it'll be beachside for this crew.

Hopefully they come down - but this is absolutely bonkers.

Similar thing on my upcoming feb cruise- “normal” price is $170, random “sales” for $107.  Since it’s only two of us, and it seems like a fun location, I ended up getting it on sale...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rockmom said:

For one of our upcoming sailings, we booked a beach bed at Breezy Bay for $149.  Gives us a comfy and shady home base (and a spot for me to be LAZY) and comes with a couple of floats and a cooler with water.  We'll grab a couple of loungers too.   

Yeah, I was wondering if that might be worth it too. It's just the two of us, so I'm definitely not interested in a cabana, but having a comfortable spot reserved for us--not to mention cold water that I don't have to go searching for--sounds pretty appealing. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Yeah, I was wondering if that might be worth it too. It's just the two of us, so I'm definitely not interested in a cabana, but having a comfortable spot reserved for us--not to mention cold water that I don't have to go searching for--sounds pretty appealing. 

and we always get the floating mats if we don't book a cabana or bungalow--and since the beach beds come with those and also towels so you don't have to grab them from the ship, we thought it made sense.  We'll see if we score anything better between now and next March but for now, that's our game plan.  

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 6:53 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

Similar thing on my upcoming feb cruise- “normal” price is $170, random “sales” for $107.  Since it’s only two of us, and it seems like a fun location, I ended up getting it on sale...

I'd be thrilled with $107!    I'll keep checking.   Good to know it may be possible 😁

Nice to see people starting to get back into a more normal swing around here........I don't think anyone's complained about Cabana prices for over a year....so its refreshing to think we may be starting to get out to sea again soon.

PS....the Over water cabana was 4k for my Cancelled Christmas cruise......they will change what the market will bare....high prices to make the most money and not have any of them sit idle.

On 3/19/2021 at 1:32 PM, SilkySal said:

We're booked on the Allure for September, 2021 and reserved a cabana (max 6 people) at Thrill Water Park for $399. We're hoping our adult kids join us on this cruise to enjoy the cabana. If it ends up just being the 2 of us, I hate to give up the cabana, so will look for a few fellow cruisers to join us. Same for Labadee, we reserved a beach bungalow (max 8 people) on Columbus Cove for $156.99. Two nice deals IMO!!

We once shared a cabana at Mahogany Bay with another couple from CC, (think it was a Princess cruise), but that's a great way to enjoy a cabana for a reasonable price if it's just the 2 of you.

• Like 1

I had two Thrill Waterpark Cabanas ($499 per cabana) rented for our May 2020 that was cancelled by RCI. At that time there would have been an extended family group of 10. Going forward we're now booked for April 2022 and our extended family group is down to 6. Thinking of an over the water cabana but that would mean paying for a Thrill Waterpark pass for four...I wish this was included in these pricey cabanas.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I made the mistake of "selling" the Adventure of the Seas cruise in August 2021 to my other half by highlighting the overwater cabanas.  I did not realize how expensive they were.  I thought Disney's were pricey!  I don't want to pick up that many extra shifts.

Sorry to jump on this topic, but I am looking at one of the Thrill waterpark cabanas and have a couple of questions:

1. How do we choose which specific cabana we want?

2. Does someone have to be in the cabana all day?

3. How do RC/we ensure nobody other than the party access our cabana?

Thanks in advance for any help 🙂

It's all relative...to your budget.  We couldn't talk the other 2 couples we're cruising with in Sept. into it with even the shared expense.  They feel it's not that different from sitting under the umbrellas at the infinity pool.  So we all bought the day pass for Beach Club.  Would love to experience it but just can't justify it.  So happy others can though, it must be wonderful out over the water all alone with a butler at your beck and call....sigh!🤤

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rodenboy said:

Sorry to jump on this topic, but I am looking at one of the Thrill waterpark cabanas and have a couple of questions:

1. How do we choose which specific cabana we want?

2. Does someone have to be in the cabana all day?

3. How do RC/we ensure nobody other than the party access our cabana?

Thanks in advance for any help 🙂

From what I understand it's first come first serve as to where it's located...so get up early and make sure you're there right away.

On 3/18/2021 at 10:28 PM, RCCL Fan said:

I've actually been digging around, learning more about CocoCay, because honestly I didn't know it had so many different "neighborhoods"

Watched a video tour with my family tonight...

My wife: I had no idea it was so much more than just water slides and a hot air balloon. I mean I want the beach front ones but I think the kids would rather be by the slides.

My 12 year old: Those water slides actually look too big, i mean it seems fun, but I might just want to be at the beach or the pool.

My 6 year old: what's perfect day?

Me:  I love the cabanas but man that is insanely expensive for just 5 hours on the beach

We tend to be suite people, so I think a nicer cabana is in our future.... (not the waterpark one or poolside one)  but which neighborhood gives us a quieter beach, but access to something more for the kids?    I'm leaning to South Beach or the Beach Club.   

@RCCL FAN Could you please link to the video tour you watched with your family? Thanks! 

42 minutes ago, futureAG said:

@RCCL FAN Could you please link to the video tour you watched with your family? Thanks! 

Oh gosh  --- that was a month ago i don't remember which one specifically.   But just go to youtube and search cococay cabana tours.    There's several on there.  We're not allowed to name travel agents on here, but there's an agent who posts a ton of detailed reviews. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

From what I understand it's first come first serve as to where it's located...so get up early and make sure you're there right away.

Hmmm...I thought just like other cabana purchases they were assigned onboard the day (or so) before arriving into that port and you could check at the shore excursions desk for your location.

That's how it worked at Labadee for us.

6 hours ago, rodenboy said:

Ah okay, first come first serve makes sense! Thanks 🙂

Cabanas are not first come, first served.  They are assigned.  On Labadee where they also have the less fancy bungalows, those have been first come, first served.  

From the cruise planner:  

For Coco Cay: image.thumb.png.fef0b8a5addf2ccfbb1743c94216a79a.png  For Labadee:  

image.png.d65d336b78bb72974e33488ba7e03fc5.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Not true.  They are assigned. See my comment/post before this one.  

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm...I thought just like other cabana purchases they were assigned onboard the day (or so) before arriving into that port and you could check at the shore excursions desk for your location.

That's how it worked at Labadee for us.

FOr the expensive ones right.  I'm talking about the medium priced ones for $248.99.  Is first come first serve right?  I had talked to an agent about it and he said the really expensive ones are assigned before hand, but the cheaper beds and cabanas you have to get there first and they assign you then.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Thanks 1