P&O vaccine update - both jabs required

Stu UK

23 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I am not concerned about catching the virus after I have had 2 vaccinations.  Sorry if that is what I implied.  Wasn't meant that way.   I was merely thinking about half the crew going down with it and that would ruin the cruise.  Families with children won't be able to cruise on anything this year if children can't be vaccinated either.

Even with the vaccines P&O are saying that you must not have been told to isolate   before the staycation cruise by being in close contact with anyone who is covid19 positive.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210328_155110_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Even with the vaccines P&O are saying that you must not have been told to isolate   before the staycation cruise by being in close contact with anyone who is covid19 positive.

Graham.

I suspect that will evolve over the next few months as the vaccine continues to be rolled out. The government won't want large numbers of vaccinated people isolating and not going to work etc, if there's little chance of them having caught it. Hopefully life will be a lot less restrictive by the time these cruises start. 

I think the rules will change as more people get a vaccine. Currently the most vulnerable have had the vaccine and the vast majority of them dare i say could be retired. The vast majority of the working population still need to have the vaccine and as such rules will be heavy at the mo.

These are my thoughts and i apologize to any over 50 who may feel that i have classed them as retired or a non-worker, as i know plenty are working just as hard. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

I suspect that will evolve over the next few months as the vaccine continues to be rolled out. The government won't want large numbers of vaccinated people isolating and not going to work etc, if there's little chance of them having caught it. Hopefully life will be a lot less restrictive by the time these cruises start. 

Let's hope so.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I think the rules will change as more people get a vaccine. Currently the most vulnerable have had the vaccine and the vast majority of them dare i say could be retired. The vast majority of the working population still need to have the vaccine and as such rules will be heavy at the mo.

These are my thoughts and i apologize to any over 50 who may feel that i have classed them as retired or a non-worker, as i know plenty are working just as hard. 

Things will change for sure as we understand how the vaccine is working and/or we reach herd immunity. It will be restrictive for those not vaccinated for a few months. Cruise companies will be finding their feet and like the rest of us keeping  fingers crossed that it goes well. There is still a long way to go in the covid saga, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

I don't think this requirement will chance until after Septembers boosters have been given out.  Then I expect things to relax a bit for 2022

• Like 1

People seam to forget the Italian and German companies are already running cruises successfully, and there vaccinations are way behind ours so I would think P&O would pick up some useful tips from them.

On 3/17/2021 at 11:23 AM, zap99 said:

When I look out of my cabin window in the English channel I expect to see herds of wilderbeest sweeping across the plain, or the Sydney opera house.🤣

or Mount Krakatoa erupting in the background.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fragilek said:

I don't think this requirement will chance until after Septembers boosters have been given out.  Then I expect things to relax a bit for 2022

This email is being sent out to people who have staycation bookings.

We're both off to get our first injections tomorrow.  May get our photographs taken with a copy of a newspaper in shot so we can prove where and when it was done. 😄

Someone has already mentioned that in Scotland the only record that you have actually had the covid vaccination is on your medical records.  Most people will also have been invited by letter, and that contains your name, NHS appointment number, date, time and location of your vaccine.  It of course doesn't prove you actually turned up for the injections and I am sure could be easily copied and amended, but may be better than nothing!

Who knows what proof P&O will actually require but I would imagine/hope they have a realistic idea of what most people can reasonably produce in the UK. 

He says with his fingers crossed. 😉

5 minutes ago, sammyh25 said:

We're both off to get our first injections tomorrow.  May get our photographs taken with a copy of a newspaper in shot so we can prove where and when it was done. 😄

Someone has already mentioned that in Scotland the only record that you have actually had the covid vaccination is on your medical records.  Most people will also have been invited by letter, and that contains your name, NHS appointment number, date, time and location of your vaccine.  It of course doesn't prove you actually turned up for the injections and I am sure could be easily copied and amended, but may be better than nothing!

Who knows what proof P&O will actually require but I would imagine/hope they have a realistic idea of what most people can reasonably produce in the UK. 

And give people sufficient time to actually get that proof given that the first cruises are due to start in July.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sammyh25 said:

over on the other side of Scotland we all got our dates by text or were phoned to come to the surgery.  We don't have big vax centers near us we live in very small towns/ villages.  So was a call for me & my husband and a text for my mum and daughter.  MIL was a call from health board. all of us got called  to get vax'd next working day. No paper work at all.  In fact my MIL wasn't even sure which vax she had been given no-one said. My other daughter and future SIL got the letters but they live in Glasgow.

19 minutes ago, fragilek said:

In fact my MIL wasn't even sure which vax she had been given no-one said. My other daughter and future SIL got the letters but they live in Glasgow.

That is not good, at least if you know which vaccine you got first time you know which to expect the second time, as currently it is important that you have both the same, albeit this may change in the future.

On 3/31/2021 at 5:29 PM, sammyh25 said:

I read today that Royal Caribbean will require a GP letter or a letter of vaccine appointments as you mention. I suppose if you also have the blue cards giving the vaccine batch that would help. Although not everyone got those I understand.

I should imagine P&O will require the same.

On 4/1/2021 at 12:44 PM, yorkshirephil said:

That is not good, at least if you know which vaccine you got first time you know which to expect the second time, as currently it is important that you have both the same, albeit this may change in the future.

When I arrived nursery said you will be getting the AZ vaccine. Although I was not that bothered which one, I would have asked the question if she hadn't told me.🤔

25 minutes ago, jake 26 said:

I read today that Royal Caribbean will require a GP letter or a letter of vaccine appointments as you mention. I suppose if you also have the blue cards giving the vaccine batch that would help. Although not everyone got those I understand.

I should imagine P&O will require the same.

In the absence of any further information I will provide my card ( with the secret dye ) and print out the emails and take copies of the letters. I would think that some digital proof will be available soon.

I suppose the problem with digital proof is for those who are not on the internet and do not have a Smartphone.  We do, but our friend is 85, has never touched a computer and doesn't have a mobile, so hers will have to be paper proof.

It is reported today that the government expect a digital vaccine passport for international travel will not be available before autumn. So will we see pressure from certain areas to allow non vaccinated passengers on the summer staycation cruises. Can the cruise lines legally resist this and if not I expect a rash of cancellations and the cruises becoming booze cruises for those who can't go abroad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, davecttr said:

It is reported today that the government expect a digital vaccine passport for international travel will not be available before autumn. So will we see pressure from certain areas to allow non vaccinated passengers on the summer staycation cruises. Can the cruise lines legally resist this and if not I expect a rash of cancellations and the cruises becoming booze cruises for those who can't go abroad.

I think the companies selling the seacation cruises e g P and O  Princess and Cunard have specified that a vaccine is mandatory to book one of their cruises..There are other cruise lines e.g Fred Olsen and MSC (and I think Disney) that will probably accept a negative test instead of a vaccine so people will have a choice.Marketing surveys from Saga, P and O and Cunard showed the majority of people surveyed wanted to cruise with others who had been vaccinated so I would be surprised if these cruise lines changed their policies and I think most people who have booked have realised that a vaccine was a condition of booking.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, davecttr said:

If a cruise company decide only vaccinated  passengers are allowed on board, that is entirely their decision. And the majority of cruise lines have made just that decision.

Whilst many will be upset, the new rules only apply to the new Seacation cruises, so it is not as if the ruies are being applied retrospectively,  so I can't see any issue. 

And the new  cruises are not exactly cheap, so I can't see them becoming booze cruises.  

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, davecttr said:

I think the staycation cruises will be booked to capacity so there is no logic in P&O allowing non vaccinated passengers as that would cause a lot of bad feeling and people who had booked would cancel/change as a lot have only booked because they felt safe with the vaccination policy. 

• Like 4

On 4/4/2021 at 11:01 AM, davecttr said:

Or a non digital proof of vaccination.

9 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

I really cannot see the argument for not having a vaccination passport makes life a lot easier all around.

If we wish to go abroad on holiday, the choice may not be ours to make.