Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

16 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Given that the Blue Light Card discounts were a fairly recent offer, surely that would mean that those were the later bookings, rather than a big conspiracy by P&O to cancel the cheapest fares? 

Not that it makes it any better or nicer for those who have been cancelled. P&O should have had the sense to only book upto 1000 until they knew for certain. 

Possibly but lindylou booked on the first day .

• Like 1

I wonder if they are basing the cancellations by staterooms.........every other cabin will now not to be occupied now due to the lowering of passenger numbers......this would leave a space of a stateroom either side.

only a guess and that’s how the passenger gets to cruise or cancelled

19 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Given that the Blue Light Card discounts were a fairly recent offer, surely that would mean that those were the later bookings, rather than a big conspiracy by P&O to cancel the cheapest fares? 

Not that it makes it any better or nicer for those who have been cancelled. P&O should have had the sense to only book upto 1000 until they knew for certain. 

P&O could come clean and state what the criteria is for cancelling, however I will be surprised if they do.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

P&O could come clean and state what the criteria is for cancelling, however I will be surprised if they do.

I thought they'd said it was by date booked and it would be last to book, first to be cancelled? Although I've seen that someone has been cancelled so booked on the first day, so who knows. 

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

I don’t believe a word of it they knew from the beginning that the cruise was overbooked and decided to take a chance on the restrictions being lifted

Doesn't reflect well does it?

From P&O website:

While we want to ensure you have the P&O Cruises holiday you've dreamed of, please be aware that we will be significantly reducing the number of guests on our first cruises following the pause in operations to better enable a smooth return to sailing. We have reduced the number of available cabins on these cruises accordingly.

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

So sorry for you Sandra - and it's such short notice too. No wonder you're totally after all the plans you've made. I'm looking for something else for you right now. Jane.xxx

I have been looking too for you Sandra.Marella (Tui) are advertising a 3 night cruise on 25 June and also a cruise in July from Southampton.They may not be suitable but thought I would mention them

• Like 1

Have just booked a Balcony Cabin direct with P&O for July 25th, so not been completely put off.......yet!

Everybody deserves a second chance. 🙂

Couldn't manage to add the FCC though. Hope they can add it retrospectively before balance is due in a weeks time. 

• Like 2

This is very random and not meant to cause offence, but where are the cancelled passengers from?  all over the UK or Covid Hot Spots? 
surely the only non discrimination way would be the latest bookings.

lindylou, did you get a BLC discount on this cruise? I’ve just checked my details, I booked direct with P&O on 22nd March.  On 8th May they repriced my cruise to apply the discount.  My booking reference never changed.  Did yours ? , if they cancelled and rebooked you your booking date would have changed. 

5 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

The earlier cruises aren’t cancelled 😏

official statement

In a statement, the company said: 'Due to the government's extension of the passenger capacity limits placed on UK domestic cruises we will have to ask a number of guests booked on Britannia's early UK sailings to change their holiday dates.
'These guests will be contacted directly and will be given a 125% Future Cruise Credit or 100% refund. We are so sorry for these guests and do hope they will be able to enjoy a holiday with us later in the summer.'

so now we keep our fingers crossed for no emails….

1 minute ago, Pink-belle said:

This is very random and not meant to cause offence, but where are the cancelled passengers from?  all over the UK or Covid Hot Spots?

No way that P&O are that clever!

But it makes no difference anyway. Every passenger on the cruise is fully vaccinated, so it makes no difference where you are from.

Strange that the rules regarding the number of people are being strictly enforced for cruises, but not for football matches or Wimbledon! 

• Like 2

Twitter seems full of BLC cancellations.  P&O should come clean and admit how many people they've overbooked. Going forward with Covid rates rising in England all these seacations could be at risk and as people need clarity and honesty as to how many P&O have tried to book on.  There will be a lot who've booked on the back of the statement of reduced occupancy who may not have booked if the ships are intended to be sailing at a lot higher capacity.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

Twitter seems full of BLC cancellations.  P&O should come clean and admit how many people they've overbooked. Going forward with Covid rates rising in England all these seacations could be at risk and as people need clarity and honesty as to how many P&O have tried to book on.  There will be a lot who've booked on the back of the statement of reduced occupancy who may not have booked if the ships are intended to be sailing at a lot higher capacity.

Bit confused by your first quoted post Megabear. Lindylou  was cancelled, but booked on the first day the cruises went on sale.  So I wondered if she switched to a BLC fare if she got a new reference number. 

large TA’s are saying P&O booked to 30% capacity which would be an oversell of 94 people per cruise.

I have a BLC fare but not been cancelled yet, fingers crossed. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Exactly! Couldn't agree more.

Pink

7 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Bit confused by your first quoted post Megabear. Lindylou  was cancelled, but booked on the first day the cruises went on sale.  So I wondered if she switched to a BLC fare if she got a new reference number. 

large TA’s are saying P&O booked to 30% capacity which would be an oversell of 94 people per cruise.

I have a BLC fare but not been cancelled yet, fingers crossed. 

Sorry to confuse! I was just noting that there are lots on Twitter saying it seems to be mainly BLC bookings cancelled (I dont know what a BLC is by the way!).  I'm glad you appear safe at present as do my group.  I cancelled a booked break to Devon to join my family on our cruise as I hadn't seen them for so long. If P&O cancels us we will all be without any break as getting 10 people in somewhere at late notice seems nigh on impossible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

So sorry for everyone who has been cancelled. Nothing any of us can say will help with your disappointment but thinking of you all nonetheless. 

I wholeheartedly agree. It's a really  awful situation for all those  cancelled. A sub par performance from P&O. 

I feel really sad for everyone 😞

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Pink

Sorry to confuse! I was just noting that there are lots on Twitter saying it seems to be mainly BLC bookings cancelled (I dont know what a BLC is by the way!).  I'm glad you appear safe at present as do my group.  I cancelled a booked break to Devon to join my family on our cruise as I hadn't seen them for so long. If P&O cancels us we will all be without any break as getting 10 people in somewhere at late notice seems nigh on impossible.

Blue Light Card (emergency services) discounts

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you Eddie, my anger is fading now and I feel sorry for all the others that are in the same boat as me , we had our October 3 days in London all booked and planned, my husband has just booked again at the hotel in Mayfair and we will do some different things than planned in October, I’m just a bit anxious about going to London at this time .

London is quiet . Your trip sounds wonderful. 

8 hours ago, rumbalizw said:

London is quiet . Your trip sounds wonderful. 

Thank you we have booked a few places for this trip like lunch at Hard Rock Cafe and dinner the next night in the Corinthian Tom kerridges bar and grill , and off to see the wooden Elephants sculptures in green park , borough Market , and maybe the Oxo tower for cocktails, doing different things to what we normally go to see like the museum’s and galleries, our October trip is full of things too .

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you we have booked a few places for this trip like lunch at Hard Rock Cafe and dinner the next night in the Corinthian Tom kerridges bar and grill , and off to see the wooden Elephants sculptures in green park , borough Market , and maybe the Oxo tower for cocktails, doing different things to what we normally go to see like the museum’s and galleries, our October trip is full of things too .

It sounds wonderful 😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Sounds like you are going to have a fantastic trip

Michelle

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Wow. I like the sound of all of that . Enjoy 

• Like 1