Cruise lines requiring COVID-19 vaccination

8 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I actually don't know why my ex brother in law was able to have the Pfizer as he is retired and just over 60. Luck of the draw perhaps.

Leigh

I thought only essential services and over 70s were eligble now.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

I thought only essential services and over 70s were eligble now.

3 hours ago, possum52 said:

Also those under 70 with some medical conditions such as diabetes.

Leigh

But some medical practices, like ours, are being smart and offering doses left over at the end of the day to anyone who has requested to go on their list for a last minute call up, which is how I got mine last Thursday instead of having to wait for months. It's a sensible idea as it means that doses aren't going to waste - once a ten dose vial is opened it has to be used within a few hours, it can't be saved until the next day.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 3:13 PM, kate59 said:

Should you get the flu, you would understand why many of us get the flu shot. Not good 

I'm the same never had the flu shot. Not planning on ever getting it either. My partner never had it and then last year he got it and was sick with the flu. Not getting it again.

I'm in no rush to get these vaccines either. I don't care if I can't cruise or travel overseas for awhile. I happy to wait to see how it unfolds.

12 hours ago, icat2000 said:

I'm the same never had the flu shot. Not planning on ever getting it either. My partner never had it and then last year he got it and was sick with the flu. Not getting it again.

I'm in no rush to get these vaccines either. I don't care if I can't cruise or travel overseas for awhile. I happy to wait to see how it unfolds.

Sorry hear your partner got the flu, but with 3 weeks of vaccination, their body didn't have time to produce antibodies.

• Like 1

Interesting article in Cruise News re when ships are restarting! Nothing new really except this from Princess:

Princess Cruises
First sailing: July 31, 2021
Ships: Sky Princess and Regal Princess
Region: United Kingdom

In March, Princess Cruises extended its global operational pause to include all sailings through June 30, 2021.

While cruises were cancelled further out in some destinations, Princess recently announced new Summer Seacations in the UK.

Exclusive to fully vaccinated local residents, the sailings are set to start on July 31, 2021 on the Sky Princess and the Regal Princess.”

So, will Princess carry this “Exclusive” through to other destinations?

Source:  https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24837-roundup-of-major-cruise-line-restart-dates-and-plans.html

15 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Interesting article in Cruise News re when ships are restarting! Nothing new really except this from Princess:

Princess Cruises
First sailing: July 31, 2021
Ships: Sky Princess and Regal Princess
Region: United Kingdom

In March, Princess Cruises extended its global operational pause to include all sailings through June 30, 2021.

While cruises were cancelled further out in some destinations, Princess recently announced new Summer Seacations in the UK.

Exclusive to fully vaccinated local residents, the sailings are set to start on July 31, 2021 on the Sky Princess and the Regal Princess.”

So, will Princess carry this “Exclusive” through to other destinations?

Source:  https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24837-roundup-of-major-cruise-line-restart-dates-and-plans.html

I have read that other cruise lines are requiring vaccines when sailing in the UK. The vaccine requirement could be a UK Gov dictate?

53 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I have read that other cruise lines are requiring vaccines when sailing in the UK. The vaccine requirement could be a UK Gov dictate?

Probably, but wouldn’t you think, considering just how pedantic our respective Govts have been (State & Fed) that a fully vaccinated passenger / crew requirement would be a given here?

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

Future cruising List of Cruise lines in US all require passengers to be vaccinated.  I would think it could be a cruise line requirement.    

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Future cruising List of Cruise lines in US all require passengers to be vaccinated.  I would think it could be a cruise line requirement.    

In the USA it is the cruise line making it policy. Biden has stated there will be no federally issued vaccine passport/certificate and it will be up to the states if they wish to create some sort of certification policy. Florida has made it clear that they will not allow any business to dictate a vaccinated only policy. Already Carnival Cruises is wavering on their stance😳

2 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

In the USA it is the cruise line making it policy. Biden has stated there will be no federally issued vaccine passport/certificate and it will be up to the states if they wish to create some sort of certification policy. Florida has made it clear that they will not allow any business to dictate a vaccinated only policy. Already Carnival Cruises is wavering on their stance😳

I think many vaccinated cruisers will be reluctant to board a ship with non vaccinated cruisers.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I think many vaccinated cruisers will be reluctant to board a ship with non vaccinated cruisers.

So the cruise lines will fill their ships with unvaccinated people and the inevitable will happen - someone will bring the virus onboard with them, infect a few of their fellow passengers, then cruising will be shut down a

again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Florida has made it clear that they will not allow any business to dictate a vaccinated only policy. Already Carnival Cruises is wavering on their stance😳

My understanding is Florida cannot force a foreign cruise line to comply.

• Thanks 1

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

But Florida can deny them access to its ports.

They wont, Florida wants the business and has threatened legal action (i.e. sue the government for not opening up) to get ships back to their ports.

There's 19 pages on this here.

37 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

My understanding is Florida cannot force a foreign cruise line to comply.

I thought so too but apparently the Florida governor wants to issue it as an executive order which means it would apply to cruise ships

Edited by ilikeanswers

Did not take long for a positive covid on a ship, I would say pax/crew were not vaccinated. Japanese ship, had to return to Yokahama.

_w850.jpg

Edited by NSWP

On 4/26/2021 at 2:12 PM, NSWP said:

Yes, me for one! - I wouldn't even contemplate getting on a cruise ship unless everyone was required to be vaccinated - Passengers and crew alike!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NSWP said:

Did not take long for a positive covid on a ship, I would say pax/crew were not vaccinated. Japanese ship, had to return to Yokahama.

_w850.jpg

This is the News that NSWP is referring to:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/japan-luxury-cruise-halted-after-covid-19-case-1.5409185

Edited by Porky55

On 4/26/2021 at 3:13 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

But Florida can deny them access to its ports.

A great example of how stupid Florida’s governor is. He wants the business, but he panders to the 20% of his voter base that refuses to vaccinate, wear masks, practice social distancing etc.

• Like 2