Cruise lines requiring COVID-19 vaccination

1 minute ago, Docker123 said:

I’m having my flu shot on Saturday.

It will be interesting to compare to AZ1.

Pneumovax a couple of years ago was quite unpleasant, but flu is usually quite minor reaction.

Good luck Adrian. I'm in for my first dose of covid vaccine tomorrow, I don't know which one. I had the flu shot for the first time last fall with no ill effects. I'm guessing that your interest is what will happen with possible interactions with the Astra Zeneca in your system.

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Good luck Adrian. I'm in for my first dose of covid vaccine tomorrow, I don't know which one. I had the flu shot for the first time last fall with no ill effects. I'm guessing that your interest is what will happen with possible interactions with the Astra Zeneca in your system.

Hope you don't get knocked around like me, after my AZ.

I have an Irish mate and he told me his parents who are in their 80's, residing in Republic of Ireland had a choice of the 4 vaccines, Pfizer, J&J, Modena and AZ.  They chose Pfizer. Interesting that in Ireland they have a choice, we don't, we get the $2 one, AZ.

Good luck with your Covid shot Lyle. A lot of what I have read indicates a usually mild reaction to the first shot, but stronger (some say a lot stronger) to the second.

I had relatively mild response to the first shot. Rather like the one I usually have to a flu shot. I have not heard of any combined reactions, but here they recommend at least 14 days between them. My gp said that allows the identification of any adverse responses to be simpler to the most recent injection.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Actually the nurse at our GP's has heard that the side effects to the second dose of AZ are much milder than to the first dose, and I've also heard that as well.

Now that is good news young Julie.

Like your mate in Ireland Les, we have the same 4 vaccines here. I don't think we have a "choice" you get what they have in the syringe. Lynn's mom who got her vaccine at the facility where she lives got Moderna (I think because it didn't need the refrigeration that Pfizer does). Lynn got Pfizer at the same location I am going to tomorrow; it would be nice if I get Pfizer but really don't care. Whatever I get, it is one small brick in the wall against Covid in Canada.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I hope so as I had quite strong side effects to my first shot. I'll let you know in just under ten weeks.

My second AZ is 24 July.

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Like your mate in Ireland Les, we have the same 4 vaccines here. I don't think we have a "choice" you get what they have in the syringe. Lynn's mom who got her vaccine at the facility where she lives got Moderna (I think because it didn't need the refrigeration that Pfizer does). Lynn got Pfizer at the same location I am going to tomorrow; it would be nice if I get Pfizer but really don't care. Whatever I get, it is one small brick in the wall against Covid in Canada.

Hope it goes well. Growing problem here is the rejection of covid vaccination, even by many front line health workers, Personally I believe it should be mandatory for all, but I am a voice in the wilderness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Hope it goes well. Growing problem here is the rejection of covid vaccination, even by many front line health workers, Personally I believe it should be mandatory for all, but I am a voice in the wilderness.

They can't make it mandatory Les, what they need to do is come up with a public awareness campaign.

I dare say even the most compliant of Australians will be getting to the end of the tether as Federal and State governments sit on there hands and keep the population prisoners with their inaction. Of course it doesn't help that the press is busy talking up the very small danger from the Astra Zeneca vaccine. Of course the solution to that problem is "Let's get more Pfizer, and maybe look at approving Moderna"

Time to get on with protecting the population rather than keeping the virus out.

Everyone in Australia should be livid that the government is not getting the message out. While I was writing this I saw an ad about our push for vaccination and the safety of said Vaccine.

As long as the wogs in office think they can wander along doing nothing to address this situation and still get re-elected they will continue to do nothing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

They can't make it mandatory Les, what they need to do is come up with a public awareness campaign.

I believe it can be a condition of employment. IIRC supervisors involved in childcare and pre-school are required to be fully vaccinated against childhood illnesses. And children also have to be vaccinated to attend. We (NSW) had an advertising campaign not too long ago with the slogan "No jab, no play".

I'm glad to hear that Lyndon, I think that there needs to be a big push to educate the population just how rare the blood clot syndrome is perhaps by comparing the risk to other every day situations or medications.

• Like 1

What I'd like to see is every time a new blood clot case is announced they also announce  the number of non-vaccine related blood clot cases that week, and possibly YTD totals on both. That might put it into some sort of perspective.

BTW the average is about 570 cases per week or 30,000 cases a year.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm glad to hear that Lyndon, I think that there needs to be a big push to educate the population just how rare the blood clot syndrome is perhaps by comparing the risk to other every day situations or medications.

Going around on FB in US....So..you've been eating hotdogs and Mc Chickens all your life, but don't want the vaccine because "you don't know what's in it"?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BRANDEE said:

Going around on FB in US....So..you've been eating hotdogs and Mc Chickens all your life, but don't want the vaccine because "you don't know what's in it"?

🤣🤣🤣

27 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

One week ago yesterday since my jab. I have no side effects at all now. No site soreness, lumps or anything. Sweet as.

I wonder if it means I'm now half way to cruising again?

I'm having a bit of a chuckle to myself reading some of the recent post re the reactions to the Covid shots. Those of us here who have had the Sallpox vaccine know what a REAL reaction is.

4 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

I'm having a bit of a chuckle to myself reading some of the recent post re the reactions to the Covid shots. Those of us here who have had the Sallpox vaccine know what a REAL reaction is.

I must be one of the lucky ones as I rarely get a reaction to injections. Smallpox just left a scab. I've also had plague, tetanus, yellow fever, rabies and some others I've forgotten about. I think my worst reaction (which was actually quite mild) was shingles/pertussis combination a couple of months ago - which was only very slightly worse than the AZ.

43 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

I was a little woozy for a few days when I had the small pox vax.

My mother contracted cow pox.

1 hour ago, BRANDEE said:

Reminded me of this meme😂:

Screenshot_20210506-161408_Opera.jpg.0cf165d949d082650a84dbd3a88bd8b1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

🎊👏. Fabulous - permission to use this on my own FB 🥸??

• Like 1

Best of luck with your first Covid jab Lyle.  I had my first AZ jab just over a fortnight ago with no side affects at all and yesterday had a flu jab.  Again no side affects, not even a sore arm. 

Oh yes, Russell, I certainly remember the smallpox innoculation.  I had fever, chills, my mouth full of ulcers therefore couldn't eat, and all over aches and pains.  Couldn't even go to work for 2 days - and I loved my job.  I remember accidentally almost ripping off the scab while getting undressed for bed one night and I saw stars!  Not nice at all.  But we had to have it back in the "olden days" if we wanted to go overseas!  How times (and people's opinions) change, hey?  🙄

3 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I’m having my flu shot on Saturday.

It will be interesting to compare to AZ1.

Pneumovax a couple of years ago was quite unpleasant, but flu is usually quite minor reaction.

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I had mine on Monday, no flu type side effects so far.

Both Rob and I had mild flu like symptoms for our AZ shots for 24-36 hours and really not much for the flu shot two weeks later except our arms were sore for a day or so.

Leigh