Mask on Adventure

These articles  released today:

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/1-cruise-line-is-ready-to-sail-in-the-caribbean-but-theres-a-catch-2021-03-23

Highlight:

Sailing out of Nassau is a short-term fix, and that will be a deal breaker for some cruise fans. It also won't be the same cruising experience that folks remember before the COVID-19 calamity. All adult passengers will need to be fully vaccinated, and the same goes for the ship's crew. All minors will need to present negative test results. Mask wearing will be required in public areas except when eating or in the water. Guests will also need to be careful on shore excursions as mask-wearing violations carry a fine of $200 or 30 days in prison in the Bahamas.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5983/

In its release announcing the sailings, Royal Caribbean pointed out that its health and safety protocols may evolve; for now, it will follow the guidelines of its Healthy Sail Panel, which requires masks in public rooms, social distancing and a requirement that passengers only go ashore as part of ship-sponsored shore excursions

Edited by thewebbys

9 hours ago, thewebbys said:

and the same goes for the ship's crew

How do they intend to accomplish that (vaccination of crew) when to my understanding most crew sourcing countries are at the bottom of the vaccination rollouts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

How do they intend to accomplish that (vaccination of crew) when to my understanding most crew sourcing countries are at the bottom of the vaccination rollouts?

Like with the Israeli sailings, they'll work out a deal with the local government and companies. 

• Like 1

A few clarifications please:

1. Do fully vaccinated people need a COVID upon entering the Bahamas and will they also need one to board the ship.

2. Will fully vaccinated people need a test to re-enter the United States.

3. Will fully vacintaed people need a test to enter Mexico and also a test to re-board the ship?

11 hours ago, thewebbys said:

These articles  released today:

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/1-cruise-line-is-ready-to-sail-in-the-caribbean-but-theres-a-catch-2021-03-23

Highlight:

Sailing out of Nassau is a short-term fix, and that will be a deal breaker for some cruise fans. It also won't be the same cruising experience that folks remember before the COVID-19 calamity. All adult passengers will need to be fully vaccinated, and the same goes for the ship's crew. All minors will need to present negative test results. Mask wearing will be required in public areas except when eating or in the water. Guests will also need to be careful on shore excursions as mask-wearing violations carry a fine of $200 or 30 days in prison in the Bahamas.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5983/

In its release announcing the sailings, Royal Caribbean pointed out that its health and safety protocols may evolve; for now, it will follow the guidelines of its Healthy Sail Panel, which requires masks in public rooms, social distancing and a requirement that passengers only go ashore as part of ship-sponsored shore excursions

'
Sounds like hell on earth. No thanks.

• Like 4

i am not sure this was asked, but when returning to Nassau, you will need to test to get on the plane back to US still correct? 

When will that test be done?

Is there a charge?

if there is a positive in your party, then are you on your own to find a place to stay?

trying to compare to what Mexico is doing at the hotels now

47 minutes ago, Empehi said:

1. Do fully vaccinated people need a COVID upon entering the Bahamas and will they also need one to board the ship.

3. Will fully vacintaed people need a test to enter Mexico and also a test to re-board the ship?

1) yes, that is currently a requirement of the Bahamas 2) yes, that us currently a US requirement. 3) Mexico does not require testing before you go, and it is unlikely that the ship would require testing to reboard, but I've not seen an official statement that says that outright. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Empehi said:

1. Yes will need a PCR test to enter the Bahamas

2. yes royal will do your reentry test on the ship included in your fare

3. no

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Empehi said:

#2. I think that will depend upon which state you fly into (CA requires it), and if the rules change regarding being fully vaccinated. 

#3. Mexico (Cabo San Lucas) does NOT require a C19 test to enter at this time. You fill out a health questionnaire.  I have there several times this year, and am going back in two weeks. They do require masks in pubic places (unless eating, drinking, in the water..., but they are not fining people who do not. 

3 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

#2. I think that will depend upon which state you fly into (CA requires it), and if the rules change regarding being fully vaccinated. 

#3. Mexico (Cabo San Lucas) does NOT require a C19 test to enter at this time. You fill out a health questionnaire.  I have there several times this year, and am going back in two weeks. They do require masks in pubic places (unless eating, drinking, in the water..., but they are not fining people who do not. 

You are incorrect on your response to #2, has nothing to do with the state. CDC requires a test to renter the country. 

Mexico as a nation does not require entry testing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You are incorrect on your response to #2, has nothing to do with the state. CDC requires a test to renter the country. 

Mexico as a nation does not require entry testing. 

I do know that LA County has stricter rules than other CA counties (quarantining if you travel more than 120 miles from LA for example). My guess is they may continue having stricter rules beyond what CDC decides. It is LA you know...🙄

4 minutes ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

wow but i am not surprised. Prices for flights and rooms are to expensive ill wait until cruising resumes from the usa ports. but wow u cant even leave the ship without an excursion so are they refunding port fees for those who stay on the ship!!!!!!!!!!!!?

No.  Port fees are not contingent on whether a person gets off the ship or not.  They never have been.

2 minutes ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

well that rule needs to change since there forcing people to stay on ship or get royal tour only... when the ship misses a port they usually give a little refund 

The port fees are imposed by the port and not the ship. I seriously doubt that the ports will change the rules.

Edited by time4u2go

1 hour ago, Empehi said:

Ok I will take a shot.  BTW I'm holding a cabin on Adventure in June right now, trying to decide whether to really do it or not.

1.  Currently they do require a test to enter Bahamas, not sure that will still be the case in June.  Hoping more governments come to their senses and recognize vaccination cards instead of testing.  Royal wants a vaccination record for 18+, and a test for under 18.

2.  Currently, yes US requires a test to re-enter (unless you hop the fence from Mexico, but that's a whole separate subject).  I'm hoping our Coalition to Destroy Cruising (CDC) waives that for vaccinated citizens by June.

3.  You don't need a test to enter Mexico now.  I think the only way you are getting off the ship is on a RCL sponsored tour and tests would not be required to reboard ship.  There's no way a test could detect a same day infection.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

wow but i am not surprised. Prices for flights and rooms are to expensive ill wait until cruising resumes from the usa ports. but wow u cant even leave the ship without an excursion so are they refunding port fees for those who stay on the ship!!!!!!!!!!!!?

The posted article is completely inaccurate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

hopefully this is a temporary thing.. good luck to them selling rooms 

From what I understand one week is already sold out I don't think they are worried about low sales.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

There is no mention of forever.  To the contrary, it implies that the policies may evolve, which they probably more than likely will.   But do carry on gloating about something that will never happen, it makes for much amusement. 

You think they will ever step away from the "healthy sail panel" conditions or requirement or agreement? Not a chance. It is just not Covid you know. Mask will prevent cold and flu among passengers and staff.

There is zero information in this thread. Royal Caribbean themselves has stated that they have not yet made final decisions about various onboard protocols and they will be provided to us prior to sailing.

All we have going on now are low-rent bloggers/reporters rehashing the same stuff that's been out there for 4 or 5 months as part of the initial response taken when the CDC created the conditional sailing order and RCCL/NCL responded with the Healthy Sail Panel and recommendations.

Those recommendations are now outdated, though they are the only thing put forward so far by the cruise line. So in the void of specific information, we have people writing articles just pulling little random snippets of this stuff together and passing it off as the way these cruises will be operated.

Until Royal Caribbean puts out their protocols specific to these sailings, the only thing you can say right now is that (a) You must provide full vaccination and have a negative PCR test to board, and (b) you will have to purchase a Bahamas Health Visa and comply with their protocols in order to enter the country.

Edited by dswallow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

well that rule needs to change since there forcing people to stay on ship or get royal tour only... when the ship misses a port they usually give a little refund 

But you’re not being forced to stay on the ship. It’s a choice. Want to get off, take a ships excursion. 

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

They are allowing independent excursions 

Do you mean non-ship sponsored excursions?  Last I saw (at least I think I saw) was that the ship would offer private excursions (meaning only you and your companions), booked through them.  I did not see an option for independent walk off the ship in a port.  I'd like for you to show me where this is allowed.

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

You think they will ever step away from the "healthy sail panel" conditions or requirement or agreement? Not a chance. It is just not Covid you know. Mask will prevent cold and flu among passengers and staff.

A fully vaccinated ship (passengers and crew) would likely support some modification of the the Healthy Sail Panel recommendations, which were published before the vaccines were rolled out.  Your "Masks For Life" / "Masks Forever" mantra is getting a bit old.  

• Like 3