Jump to content

Senior Discount


Recommended Posts

When I switched our Indy Dec 21 cruise to Freedom Jan 22, a pleasant new discount showed up. Hubby turns 55 in December, and we got his senior discount. Cheers!

 

My question is... is there a way to know which cruises will get the senior discount?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the older RCI website there used to be an option to check on Sr. discount available cruises.

Of course with the "NEW IMPROVED" version many of the older useful options are no longer available.

Don't ya just love their version of new improved...I cringe every time they say this :classic_rolleyes:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ashland said:

On the older RCI website there used to be an option to check on Sr. discount available cruises.

Of course with the "NEW IMPROVED" version many of the older useful options are no longer available.

Don't ya just love their version of new improved...I cringe every time they say this :classic_rolleyes:

Also the older website also showed which states were giving discounts. You would put in the state you were from and all the cruises that were giving discounts for the state you live in came up on the site

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

There's no Senior's nor Veteran's discount out of the UK.

 

For the first time in nearly 20 years I saw seniors discount offered to UK passengers but that was only on sailings out of the US.

 

Regards,

 

Cublet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ashland said:

On the older RCI website there used to be an option to check on Sr. discount available cruises.

Of course with the "NEW IMPROVED" version many of the older useful options are no longer available.

Don't ya just love their version of new improved...I cringe every time they say this :classic_rolleyes:

I all fairness, RCI does not specify whether new and improved benefits the customer or the company.😉

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Try this file. It lists all promo rates. Its as of a certain date so it can change quickly. For those of you who like Excel and pivot tables, you can sort to your hearts content.

 

Given the uncertainty of future sailings, I would take some of the info with a grain of salt. 

 

mac_tlc

 

 

Promos 4-3-21.xls

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unlike most companies who offer discounts to seniors and military on all their products as a thank you Royal uses these discounts selectively to try to increase sales of slow moving product.  The amount of discount may vary and is only offered on select cruises and occasionally only on certain categories of cabins on a cruise. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mac_tlc said:

Try this file. It lists all promo rates. Its as of a certain date so it can change quickly. For those of you who like Excel and pivot tables, you can sort to your hearts content.

 

Given the uncertainty of future sailings, I would take some of the info with a grain of salt. 

 

mac_tlc

 

 

Promos 4-3-21.xls 5.61 MB · 1 download

Even when ships were sailing I have never found those spreadsheets in CP to be anywhere close to accurate. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Even when ships were sailing I have never found those spreadsheets in CP to be anywhere close to accurate. 

Probably because the spreadsheet is static and they change rates constantly based on sales. But it's fun to look at. 

 

mac_tlc

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not really sure why it matters if you can see only the list of sailings with a discount.

 

if you plug in all your criteria and do a search it will return a list from least expensive to most including the discounts if applicable.  If you searched only the seniors or resident discounts you would get a list that may not include lower priced cruises at the regular rates. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Probably because the spreadsheet is static and they change rates constantly based on sales. But it's fun to look at. 

 

mac_tlc

Might be fun to look at but it’s a waste of time as every time you think you see a good fare it doesn’t exist.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Check all the boxes that apply and enter your CAS #.

 

If you see a price you like book it.  What the actual discounts are isn't important to me.  Itinerary, ship, sail date and price are.  

 

What I'm paying relative to what somewhat else might qualify for isn't important.  If the price is right for a particular cruise that's all that matters.  If a veteran, active duty, first responder or guy whose name is Chuck gets a bigger discount so be it.  I only care about what my price is.

 

I check all the boxes that apply to me every time I search for a cabin.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had Few Senior Discounts, maybe 1-2 but saved thousands on Military Discounts last 5yrs. This closer to sailing and even 8-9 months out. Before CV scored this on about 1/4 my Cruises

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I only wish the website would remember me or require that I enter my details once per session.  Having to re-enter them over and over as I compare different cruises or ships gets old fast.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I only wish the website would remember me or require that I enter my details once per session.  Having to re-enter them over and over as I compare different cruises or ships gets old fast.

and having to enter state and seniors even with putting in your C&A number

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

When I switched our Indy Dec 21 cruise to Freedom Jan 22, a pleasant new discount showed up. Hubby turns 55 in December, and we got his senior discount. Cheers!

 

My question is... is there a way to know which cruises will get the senior discount?

not really.  I just book the cruises and watch prices constantly.  We are both over 55, plus he is military, so sometimes we get some great deals

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

When I switched our Indy Dec 21 cruise to Freedom Jan 22, a pleasant new discount showed up. Hubby turns 55 in December, and we got his senior discount. Cheers!

 

My question is... is there a way to know which cruises will get the senior discount?

Yes, you click the 55+ box on any website and if you get it, it will show in the price. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...