CDC

Just now, Got2Cruise said:

But doesn’t this circle around to the issue of mandatory vaccines for all? 

No, it is just a big incentive for those that are not vaccinated to get vaccinated.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

No, it is just a big incentive for those that are not vaccinated to get vaccinated.

How will the ship differentiate between those vaxed and non vaxed? That’s my question. It will only work on the ship if either everyone is vaxed or those not vaxed segregated. 

17 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

How will the ship differentiate between those vaxed and non vaxed? That’s my question. It will only work on the ship if either everyone is vaxed or those not vaxed segregated. 

You are not getting on the ship without a vaccination. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

CDC blinks first...FDR wins.

"The science demonstrates that if you are fully vaccinated, you are protected," Walensky said according to news reports today.  

Blinks first??  FDR wins??? No doubt the CDC really updated their guidance on mask-wearing for vaccinated people because they were in a battle with FDR and couldn't take the heat. :classic_huh:  And FDR now deserves even more millions in compensation for his tremendous win.  :classic_biggrin:  

• Like 1

Just now, CruisetheCs said:

"The science demonstrates that if you are fully vaccinated, you are protected," Walensky said according to news reports today.  

Blinks first??  FDR wins??? No doubt the CDC really updated their guidance on mask-wearing for vaccinated people because they were in a battle with FDR and couldn't take the heat. :classic_huh:  And FDR now deserves even more millions in compensation for his tremendous win.  :classic_biggrin:  

If you read the thread, you will see this was regarding a previous post about who would alter their position first.....and the CDC did. This was a huge win for the cruise industry.

• Like 3

We live in Florida, and after experiencing one cruise leaving from Florida, we were very reluctant to ever cruise out of Florida again. in February last year we cancelled a January 2021 cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Auckland because we could still get all of our money back, and  because the cruise critic live trip report  of the same cruise in 2020 sounded like something we would hate, since many  ports were bypassed, and the water was very rough. We don't ever plan to cruise out of Florida again.

We have 2 other booked cruises that are totally paid for, and each has been cancelled twice without refunds available. We have 2 other cruises booked with significant payments. We rebooked our Regent cruise from September of this year until September of next year because we did not feel comfortable paying full payment in early April, and Regent refused to let us postpone it, even though a new booking would not have required full payment at that point As it turns out, our back to back cruises would have been the first for Regent after they cancelled all cruises until September 11 of this year. Until we actually cruise on Regent again in September 2022 , I will not trust them with another booking. We do have a back to back booking on SeaDream in March 2022, that we still hope cruises, and hasn't required us to pay in full at this point.

I don't think Regent cruises will be sailing from the US anytime soon. Unless a cruise line  does short local cruises,  they can't react quickly to the CDC's spur of the moment guidelines. Ships are already at ports a long way from the US. Logistics just don't work for a last minute cruise with many ports involved.

Cruises that don't visit a US port do not have to adhere to CDC guidelines. And are they really just guidelines, as they've always been called? Apparently the CDC no longer thinks so.

FDR won!

After today’s announcement, cruising is not far behind! 
We cruise on Regent out of Miami all the time. It’s great for us. No flying, which is our biggest issue. 
We are booked on Crystal this summer, out of Antigua. Flying..ugh..

We will need to go to Miami airport and be like sardines...with masks.

First cruise out of Miami on Regent in December. Yay!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

Yes, youre right! Those not vaccinated should wear some sort of symbol, preferably tattooed unto their forehead oh, I dont know, what could that be...

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, BBWC said:

CDC eases restrictions on indoor mask wearing. Dud not see cruise lines included on the exceptions, but who knows.

CDC’s Mask Order is still in place for conveyances, which includes passenger ships.

As far as I can see the CDC rules for mask wearing indoors and social distancing on cruise ships have not been changed. The only relaxation on mask wearing on cruise ships is outdoors for vaccinated guests.

Hopefully further relaxations will come in due course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

FDR won!

After today’s announcement, cruising is not far behind! 
We cruise on Regent out of Miami all the time. It’s great for us. No flying, which is our biggest issue. 
We are booked on Crystal this summer, out of Antigua. Flying..ugh..

We will need to go to Miami airport and be like sardines...with masks.

First cruise out of Miami on Regent in December. Yay!!!

I have to agree (and happy agree) that FDR won and seeing today his demands of Gov Desantis was great.  If you want to cruise on Regent (or otherships of the company) you won't be cruising with out being vaccinated.  And that is good news............

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, flossie009 said:

CDC’s Mask Order is still in place for conveyances, which includes passenger ships.

As far as I can see the CDC rules for mask wearing indoors and social distancing on cruise ships have not been changed. The only relaxation on mask wearing on cruise ships is outdoors for vaccinated guests.

Hopefully further relaxations will come in due course.

However, the Mask Order applies to public conveyances, which a cruise ship is not.

I agree we have to wait for CDC updates on the CSO.

4 hours ago, BBWC said:

However, the Mask Order applies to public conveyances, which a cruise ship is not.

Maybe you are correct ....... but the maritime section of the CDC FAQs seems to indicate otherwise:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/face-masks-public-transportation.html#Maritime

We will see how the rules & protocols develop and are applied over the coming weeks & months.

Edited by flossie009

17 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I promise you I will never be sitting poolside on a ship wearing a mask...neither will any of my clients.

You will not have to (in US waters) as the CDC has removed the requirement for mask wearing outside on cruise ships for vaccinated passengers.

The debate is whether the requirement for mask wearing in public areas inside is still in force.

Edited by flossie009

I am not part of that debate. I believe that when Regent finally returns to the USA, there will be no required masks. 

I was making the point that masks outside, anywhere in the world, is a non-starter for my group.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I am not part of that debate. I believe that when Regent finally returns to the USA, there will be no required masks. 

I agree, I believe many feel as I feel. No way I'll go on a vacation being more inconvenienced that I'm at home

• Like 1

One of the reasons we like Regent is that, on our many past Regent cruises, we have never encountered crowds or long lines. Not at all like mass market ships. One might say that Regent was “social distanced” before anybody heard of that term. There should be different protocols for ships like Regent that are more permissive than for ships like Royal Caribbean.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

I agree, I believe many feel as I feel. No way I'll go on a vacation being more inconvenienced that I'm at home

Hmmm? Did you recently stop being inconvenienced by mask requirements in Philadelphia? We found ourselves much more inconvenienced than we expect to be on a Regent cruise.

We had to fly to Philadelphia to attend a memorial service in Allentown on the first weekend in May. In the church, we had to wear masks even through the seating was limited and very spread out. We are fully vaccinated, as were all of our relatives who attended. Church members who knew our sister very well since she had worked there , as well as attended the church, were only allowed to come within 6 feet of us, and masks were required everywhere within the church.

We spent most of our time in Philadelphia since we couldn't get a flight back to Fort Myers until Monday. Everywhere we went we were expected to wear masks. Restaurants and hotel lobbies required them. Included hotel breakfasts had to be picked up to-go in the lobby and taken back to our room. No room service was provided. If you needed a clean towel or toilet paper we would need to ask at the front desk.

Masks were even required outside. That included a long walk that we took at the John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum. About half of those we encountered ignored that, while we did not.

We were very happy to return to Florida where we aren't inconvenienced.

• Like 2