CCL stock on the move today

DaveOKC

With all their debt & with adding millions of share in dilution   I would not touch any cruise line stock for a very very long time regardless of daily  moves in their stocks . 

imo we will see cruise ships leave American ports this year  & that is about as far as it goes ,for now 

2 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

I would not touch any cruise line stock for a very very long time regardless of daily  moves in their stocks . 

I have followed the Warren Buffet philosophy for many, many years:  buy good companies and hold them.  That philosophy has served me well.  I bought two good cruise line companies.  I have ridden the ups and downs over the years and even bailed out of RCI during the 2008-2009 debacle.  But, I bought into the Company again just above its bottom.  RCI and CCL remain good Companies in my opinion.  Do I intend to invest more in them currently?  No.  If they could start to pay a dividend again (🤣 not likely in the near future), would I continue to re-invest that dividend?  Yes.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rucrazy said:

Cruise Stocks Ticking Slightly Higher As White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki Says White House Is Not Implementing COVID-19 Vaccine Passports On Federal Level-© 2021 Benzinga.com

They have said that for weeks.  You need to find another excuse for the price movement.

4 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

I don't make the news I repeat the news!

Sorry but I always laugh at the “excuses” the media uses for why a particular stock moves up or down in any given day.  I swear they have a bag of reasons and they pull one out.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I swear they have a bag of reasons and they pull one out.  

I do think with the resuming of business the cruise line stocks are ready to move.. as we get closer to the embarkation stages here in the USA

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

I do think with the resuming of business the cruise line stocks are ready to move.. as we get closer to the embarkation stages here in the USA

Yea but that ignores those millions of shares they issued and the additional 15 billion in debt at high rates that were added (for CCL).  I suspect a sharp pencil shows they are lucky to be valued where they are.  And forget about any dividends.

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Yea but that ignores those millions of shares they issued and the additional 15 billion in debt at high rates that were added (for CCL).  I suspect a sharp pencil shows they are lucky to be valued where they are.  And forget about any dividends.

Stamping foot in rage---I WANT MY DIVIDENDS BACK!

But, I do not expect them.😢

4 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

But, I do not expect them.😢

But you can get you shareholders credit for cruises.  That’s a 1% return each cruise of 14 days based on current prices, nice

16 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

But you can get you shareholders credit for cruises.  That’s a 1% return each cruise of 14 days based on current prices, nice

I think it's closer to 10% - using ccl stock price of $25/share - 100 shares is $2500.

$250OBC/$2500purchase is 10%

49 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I assign you to the naughty corner of our classroom for such a tantrum for a brief period of time.  😀 

There may be a blizzard in Central Ohio in the middle of July before we see our dividends return.  I hope I am wrong.  But, I think I have a better chance of winning a million dollars in Ohio's Vax-a-Million contest.  

31 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

I think it's closer to 10% - using ccl stock price of $25/share - 100 shares is $2500.

$250OBC/$2500purchase is 10%

Your right, I was thinking 1,000 shares for some reason…

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

CCL stock is probably up today for two reasons. First, the market in general was up in a solid manner. Two, Biden signed the Alaskan Tourist Act.

Yes!  Glad it's official now.