Getting great deals.

Book when  there is bad new. A hurricane, last year during covid. Sometimes there are last minute deals. 

I booked during covid nd when some were released and none have come down I  price. 

For instance a hurricane might be coming, many will cancel and sometimes I've seen a lower price.

8 hours ago, lynnemac said:

Just wondering if their are any secrets or special ways the cruising

experts would share about getting the biggest bang for your buck?

Wait till the GGG flier editor is rehired.

Shop around!  AAA, Costco, travel agents and direct with Royal.  Watch your cruise DAILY for price decreases - call whomever you booked with to reprice your cruise.  Same goes for onboard items, watch for sales.  If possible, use independent tours and excursions.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Book between Thanksgiving and Christmas, alot of times those dates have the lowest rates of the entire year.

👆THIS!👆 The first week of December is one of my favorite times to book. Great rates.

Edited by ramja96

17 hours ago, lynnemac said:

Just wondering if their are any secrets or special ways the cruising

experts would share about getting the biggest bang for your buck?

Either booking or onboard.

Also looks like OP is within 4 hours driving time of 4 ports to debark from, so you have lots of different cruiselines to sail on.

If looking for the best price, don't be tied to only one cruiseline. Lots of different cruiselines have lots to offer.

Don't fall victim to any loyalty program. Be flexible with cruise lines. I decide where and when I want to go and check pricing with all of the large lines. Sometimes the best price isn't obvious. I include any extras that the cruise lines are offering like included gratuity, drink packages and wifi.  I tally up the cost and divide by the number of days to get the daily price.  

There is so much demand and people who have had to rescheduled reservations because of Covid. I doubt we will see any great deals for a year or 2. Off season (when kids are in school) is always cheaper.  Spring Break, Christmas break are the most expensive times.  Personally I like May. 

I always use ***** after I do my research and pick a couple of ships and times. 

49 minutes ago, Jenjer said:

did not know that the website that allows TA to compete for your cruise was a bad word. 

Some TA.web site are blocked automatically and one is not supposed to mention any.