New Carnival "have fun, be safe" protocols.

stellarose

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Cruising out of Washington State is.

Odds are other ports/states may require vaccination as well. I'd say the odds are high the entire West Coast ports and much of New England ports. What a weird resumption this will be with highly variable requirements from one port to the next.

4 minutes ago, Suncoastsailors said:

(Separately, we are making vaccines available to all crew members and they will have gone through a quarantine period when joining the ship.  As an extra layer of protection, crew members will wear masks while on duty and be tested regularly)

They are making vaccines available to crew???? I though 100% of crew must be vaccinated. Crew will wear mask and be tested regularly??? Does this mean they will not all be vaccinated? 

That is exactly how I read that. Glad I'm not cruising until March 2022 as this restart has high failure potential written all over it.

Edited by embarkation75
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, as a fully vaccinated cruiser, I won't be considering a cruise while being subject to the protocols necessary for the unvaccinated to include testing, masks, and ship sponsored excursions, all of which are more restrictive than current CDC guidelines for me..  We'll make alternate plans until this settles down.  That said, I acknowledge Carnival's right to set policy as it sees fit.

Our next scheduled Carnival cruise is after the expiry of the CSO so hopefully it won't be an issue by then.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Cruising out of Washington State is.

Good point. Washington does not have any laws about requiring vaccines like TX and Florida.  Although, I am unclear if those apply to cruise ships.  The Texas TABC laws do so don't know why the others wouldn't 

Just now, Eli_6 said:

Good point. Washington does not have any laws about requiring vaccines like TX and Florida.  Although, I am unclear if those apply to cruise ships.  The Texas TABC laws do so don't know why the others wouldn't 

This should have said not requiring vaccines. 

Just now, balcony bound said:

My question is... since the federal government doesn't support vaccine passports, what good would it actually do you? 

“there will be no federal vaccinations database and no federal mandate requiring everyone to obtain a single vaccination credential.”

My point was that if there were a way for cruises to restart in states without masks and schools to reopen without masks, I would be willing to get a vaccine passport to avoid wearing masks. I abhor the mask mandates. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Odds are other ports/states may require vaccination as well. I'd say the odds are high the entire West Coast ports and much of New England ports. What a weird resumption this will be with highly variable requirements from one port to the next.

embarkation75,

California has taken the stance that they are not requiring vaccination status but leaving it up to individual businesses to decide. I doubt Carnival will modify their protocols to require vaxx only cruises out of California but hey, anything is possible.

1 minute ago, cruisingguy007 said:

My point was that if there were a way for cruises to restart in states without masks and schools to reopen without masks, I would be willing to get a vaccine passport to avoid wearing masks. I abhor the mask mandates. 

Tricky.  There are lots of states that don't require masks in school or other places. That's really not the problem, it's the darn CDC guidelines that are making the issue for cruises.  You can probably take advantage of some of the early vaccinated-only cruises that likely won't require masks for the most part (ports of call are another can of worms altogether).  But, I'm in agreement with you - I'd just like to go back to cruising as it was.

2 minutes ago, Don Kehote said:

Friendly reminder that you can carry a virus without suffering ill effects from it, and still pass it on to others who do.

Exactly my point. So why not state that all crew will be vaccinated. I don't really care that they had vaccine available to them if they choose to refuse it. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Also depends on what destination ports require.

• Like 2

I did not mean to cause a stink. just wanted to share the new / updated info for my fellow CC followers. 

I don't want to test or wear a mask but again, I want to cruise and follow the guidelines that are set by carnival.   again, we have no idea what the fall will bring.  I found an old picture of me walking on the boardwalk a year ago.  we had masks, socially distanced, no vaccines- a lot has changed in one year. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stellarose said:

I did not mean to cause a stink. just wanted to share the new / updated info for my fellow CC followers. 

I don't want to test or wear a mask but again, I want to cruise and follow the guidelines that are set by carnival.   again, we have no idea what the fall will bring.  I found an old picture of me walking on the boardwalk a year ago.  we had masks, socially distanced, no vaccines- a lot has changed in one year. 

A ton can and will change over the next year but a return to pre-covid boarding/onboard experiences is at least a year or more out, if ever.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I think I'd be willing to sign up for a vaccine passport to avoid masks. I have my reservations about data security, I have many redundancies of free credit monitoring due to several data breeches already and seem to get a notification every few months or so; but I really want to be able to get back to normal life with no masks. If a vaccine passport is what it takes to cruise normally and have my kids in school normally without masks and worry then sign me up! I hate the masks and want to be rid of them. I'm at my wits end with the masking and nonsense. My poor kids have suffered so much over this and I want normalcy and am getting a bit desperate at this point. 

I froze my credit years ago with the crediting agencies.  If I ever need to unfreeze it, it is an easy process that is temporary.  Uploading my vaccine information is at the bottom of my list of personal information I am concerned about sharing.

I completely agree with you about the masks.  It's like I am at the end of my rope with the ridiculous things.  

Edited by TNcruising02

Just curious how many eligible people who won't get the vaccine will also wear a mask on a cruise for several days. I'm fine wearing a mask when I have to and I also have the vaccine. But I'd rather they just let us have the ability to choose if we want to go on an all-vaccinated cruise or not, without penalty. If I would have known last year what cruise lines were going to require vaccines, I probably would have booked on another line since carnival is dragging their feet on this. 

My next cruise isn't until the end of September, so I'm still waiting and seeing what will happen by then. At this point I just want them to tell us what they will do with our cruise so we can decide to go on it or not (and book something else if not). 

Edited by EMOSEA
spelling
  • Like 4

Is this the final protocols set for cruises till the CSO expires?  If so, as a fully vaccinated individual I'm not sure I want to cruise like this for my August 28th Vista cruise.  I understand Carnival going test cruise route and not try and figure out how to validate those who are vaccinated but I feel like I'm being punished when CDC says I can go maskless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

I'll get the test if that's what they want. I'm wondering now if testing will be held at the pier or do I have to find someplace local.

If Carnival accepts unvaccinated, it will have to be a PCR test before embarkation day... and on your own dime as the rapid tests have too many false readings to permit potentially infected individuals without vaccination on the ship. Without use of PCR for unvaccinated, you will be lucky to go a month without a cruise or two being cut short due to one of these unvaccinated individuals getting on a ship and spreading covid like a wildfire. Listen, I have no problem cruising with unvaccinated IF they can pass both a PCR test and rapid test. If there is no PCR test for unvaccinated, then I'm not likely cruising with Carnival.

Edited by embarkation75
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, txgranny said:

Is this the final protocols set for cruises till the CSO expires?  If so, as a fully vaccinated individual I'm not sure I want to cruise like this for my August 28th Vista cruise.  I understand Carnival going test cruise route and not try and figure out how to validate those who are vaccinated but I feel like I'm being punished when CDC says I can go maskless. 

Who knows for sure as much can and will change but everybody better saddle-up for at least the first year of criteria for embarkation and onboard experiences to be highly impacted. 

• Haha 1

I don't think this is the updated protocalls, it they were, Mr Heald /his assistant would have posted them, saying that they are brilliant protocalls, , also my pvp would have made an announcement.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

I don't think this is the updated protocalls, it they were, Mr Heald /his assistant would have posted them, saying that they are brilliant protocalls, , also my pvp would have made an announcement.

I hope so, because this seems off from what cdc says and other cruise lines like RCL. I'll see what John heald says tomorrow morning 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, txgranny said:

Well in theory the CSO could expire 7/20 or 7/21 (not sure of exact date) so theoretically this goes away if so but I guess that would be up to Carnival at that point and not the CDC.

so reading into Carnival’s protocols it is clear that masks are being required regardless of vaccination status because the CDC is classifying cruise ships as a mode of transportation (interstate/international) and therefore subject to the same protocols on other modes of transportation.