Florida resident here a little confused over C19 protocol.

29 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You can't just make people who are vaccinated wear bracelets.

You'd need to make everyone wear a bracelet

I don't interpret it that way. Nobody would be mandating bracelets but if you want to go maskless, etc. It’s your choice to wear it, etc.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, janazaz said:

So, just how does a cruise line treat (discriminate) a vaccinated vs a non-vaccinated guest by bracelet color/identity?  Perhaps you'd be able to walk the other way if one approached you?  Or, throw yourself up against a wall to steer clear?  How....honestly curious how people could even suggest such nonsense!  You people really do need to stay at home where it's safe and warm. 

No need to get defensive, I didn’t say I cared at all. it seems Royal cares. I don’t discriminate anyone. It does appear to bother you though.

Edited by lovesthebeach2

6 minutes ago, janazaz said:

So, just how does a cruise line treat (discriminate) a vaccinated vs a non-vaccinated guest by bracelet color/identity?  Perhaps you'd be able to walk the other way if one approached you?  Or, throw yourself up against a wall to steer clear?  How....honestly curious how people could even suggest such nonsense!  You people really do need to stay at home where it's safe and warm. 

Is it really much different than your loyalty status? I mean, people flaunt their status all the time when they get priority boarding, free laundry service, free internet, etc. Cruise paxs already are divided into tiers/groups and receive different incentives, etc. because of it.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

How about cruise lines offering a free drink package to anyone vaccinated? They’ll have 100% vaxxed in no time.

This is the biggest problem nationwide with vaccines (especially the federal government). Up until recently, there was absolutely zero incentive to get vaccinated.

This is a great idea. Vaccinated? Pick from the drink package, pre-paid gratuities, X dollars towards shore excursions, etc, etc.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I want to cruise. I recognize that everyone else does too and there is alot of middleground that can be done to acheieve this. I also understand that my point of view is not the be all and end all of the cruising world. Having said this, I'll cruise on a fully vaccinated ship or non vaccinated ship, or even a ship with both... as long as it is mask free. I will NOT cruise with a mask requirement and I will not show proof of a vaccine in order to do so.  I will not be segregated from others and I will not accept that others will be segrated from me. The days of the  'colored' drinking fountains will never return in my life. I will not allow it. Those were terribly bad days of our times and to start them again with vax and non vaxed classes of people is not my cup of tea. I honestly could not enjoy myself on a cruise seeing this or being a part of it. If this occurs, I'll quietly cancel my cruises and move on and away from RCL,  perhaps even cruising. 

Holy cow! 🙄

• Like 5

4 hours ago, lampskies said:

Ok, so local news this morning stated that RCCL will not require proof of vaccination sailing out of Florida and Texas due to Governors executive orders. 5000.00 fine every time if they ask for proof…..but they put this statement out Friday “Those who are unvaccinated or unable to verify vaccination will be required to undergo testing and follow other protocols, which will be announced at a later date," Royal Caribbean said on Friday. So if legally they can’t ask how can they undergo “testing protocols”? Is it just going to be another question on form before boarding? Like the one now? Have you been sick etc in last few days?

The law does not restrict businesses from implementing screening protocols. I expect testing means just that - a screening test.

Edited by Babr
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Ravbo said:

Easy solution.

ALL passengers undergo testing and other protocols HOWEVER if you voluntarily submit proof of vaccination you are

•  not required to undergo testing or other protocols.
  • Issued a colored bracelet to be worn throughout cruise to assist crew in identifying who is not required to wear masks or other protocols.

Can you please run for President?? Excellent idea!!!!!!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

This is the biggest problem nationwide with vaccines (especially the federal government). Up until recently, there was absolutely zero incentive to get vaccinated.

This is a great idea. Vaccinated? Pick from the drink package, pre-paid gratuities, X dollars towards shore excursions, etc, etc.

Except maybe the incentive to protect oneself and one's family and friends, not to mention helping the country and the world rid itself of this insidious disease.  But, meh.  Not enough of an incentive obviously.  How about all those states giving away money and other incentives.  Still not enough for you? 

I have bad news for you.  It is not discriminatory or illegal to ask anyone to show verification of vaccine status voluntarily or to be required to wear or not wear a bracelet, a tracelet, a mask or any other sort of paraphernalia in order to sail or to be free from or subject to protocols.  A reluctance to do all of those things, clearly demonstrated here on this thread and in others, will result in vaccinated and unvaccinated/mixed cruises with differences.  Vaccinated cruises will be free of protocols.  Unvaccinated/mixed cruises will have protocols required universally. Unless we can eventually get some level of cooperation from everyone.  Oh well. 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

Is it really much different than your loyalty status? I mean, people flaunt their status all the time when they get priority boarding, free laundry service, free internet, etc. Cruise paxs already are divided into tiers/groups and receive different incentives, etc. because of it.

Yes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Possibly, but that goes against the spirit of the law. The whole point is to avoid creating two classes of people. Haves and have nots, so to speak

As long as the "haves " and the "nots" understand upfront what will be expected , this 'should not  be a problem. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, janazaz said:

For us it has ZERO to do with safety. I dont want to wear a mask on my vacation.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I will not be segregated from others and I will not accept that others will be segrated from me. The days of the  'colored' drinking fountains will never return in my life. I will not allow it. Those were terribly bad days of our times and to start them again with vax and non vaxed classes of people is not my cup of tea.

I respect and admire your integrity. We may not agree on a lot politically but I do think you are a genuinely good person who seeks to do the right thing.

Sadly, I feel that as a whole most people in society only want "equality" when that benefits them. People have no issue stepping on the rights of others, and only care when it's their rights being stepped on. I would wager that most of the people here (not you) are saying they don't want vaccine only cruises, or separate levels for vaccinated vs non-vaccinated because they themselves are not vaccinated. I don't think there are many vaccinated people pushing that hard against vaccine mandates.

Maybe i'm just too cynical. This is one of those situations that I would love to be wrong.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I want to cruise. I recognize that everyone else does too and there is alot of middleground that can be done to acheieve this. I also understand that my point of view is not the be all and end all of the cruising world. Having said this, I'll cruise on a fully vaccinated ship or non vaccinated ship, or even a ship with both... as long as it is mask free. I will NOT cruise with a mask requirement and I will not show proof of a vaccine in order to do so.  I will not be segregated from others and I will not accept that others will be segrated from me. The days of the  'colored' drinking fountains will never return in my life. I will not allow it. Those were terribly bad days of our times and to start them again with vax and non vaxed classes of people is not my cup of tea. I honestly could not enjoy myself on a cruise seeing this or being a part of it. If this occurs, I'll quietly cancel my cruises and move on and away from RCL,  perhaps even cruising. 

^ This. All of this! ^

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

How is Celebrity getting away with requiring proof of vaccine?

They are not "getting away" with it. They are choosing to deal with the consequence. They will be fined. I am sure someone at Celebrity believes they can either have the fine dismissed as part of a lawsuit or negotiation, or get the fine reduced at a later date. It is their business decision to try that route.

5 minutes ago, jrapps said:

They are not "getting away" with it. They are choosing to deal with the consequence. They will be fined. I am sure someone at Celebrity believes they can either have the fine dismissed as part of a lawsuit or negotiation, or get the fine reduced at a later date. It is their business decision to try that route.

I don't know about you ...but my X cruise fare is about $3000/pp... $5000/pp would be a big pill to swallow. I hope that they will suspend the fines for the rest of the year to see how things go.

39 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

Huge difference. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kearney said:

I don't know about you ...but my X cruise fare is about $3000/pp... $5000/pp would be a big pill to swallow. I hope that they will suspend the fines for the rest of the year to see how things go.

They won't fine the individual people, the state fines the cruise line. Even if those fines hold, they won't get paid for years.

6 minutes ago, jrapps said:

They won't fine the individual people, the state fines the cruise line. Even if those fines hold, they won't get paid for years.

Lets do the math... cruise line brings in $3,000 but pays out $5,000 ... not a profitable model

2 minutes ago, kearney said:

Lets do the math... cruise line brings in $3,000 but pays out $5,000 ... not a profitable model

You missed part of what I said...they are gambling that the fine will be reduced, eliminated, or deemed unconstitutional. They may be proven wrong and it may be unprofitable, but that is the gamble they are taking.

The law says "up to" $5000. Could they negotiate that down to $100 per person years from now in mediation? who knows. Maybe.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jrapps said:

You missed part of what I said...they are gambling that the fine will be reduced, eliminated, or deemed unconstitutional. They may be proven wrong and it may be unprofitable, but that is the gamble they are taking.

The law says "up to" $5000. Could they negotiate that down to $100 per person years from now in mediation? who knows. Maybe.

Personally I think DeSantis needs to find a way out of this mess... he is blind to it... I am a bit surprised that the cruise lines haven't gone to the courts ...so I assume things are still going on behind the scenes... but it is not helpful to anyone who is trying to plan a vacation.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

How is Celebrity getting away with requiring proof of vaccine?

The Florida law expressly allows other forms of screening for Covid.

"This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government-issued guidance to protect public health."

So they can do anything other than require proof of vaccination.

I think it that simple.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kearney said:

Personally I think DeSantis needs to find a way out of this mess... he is blind to it... I am a bit surprised that the cruise lines haven't gone to the courts ...so I assume things are still going on behind the scenes... but it is not helpful to anyone who is trying to plan a vacation.

I don't want to dip into the politics of it, but I think the lines would rather sail now, get fined, refuse to pay, and put the ball in the state's court to initiate the lawsuit. If they sue now, by the time it is resolved will be months/years from now. If they sue now, it's big headline news. If the state sues them years from now, it's a small story.