Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

20 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

MDR at lunch is the only time and place to get the wonderful tutti salad. I’ve been waiting 16 months for one so they’ll have at least 2 of us there next week.

Was the Tutti salad available?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Smaller guest count helps a lot. Some plexiglass barriers stared to show up today. The tables appear to be trying to keep empty seats between players = three to

table. 

can you sit beside a travelling companion?

On 6/12/2021 at 3:42 PM, Ocean Boy said:

So much for spontaneity.

That was the only thing I liked about the WJ and any other buffet. I knew start up would bring on changes which is why I won't cruise just yet.  Seems like a lot of scheduling for meals which I had a feeling would happen.  

Edited by Iamcruzin

18 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That was the only thing I liked about the WJ and any other buffet. I knew start up would bring on changes which is why I won't cruise just yet.  Seems like a lot of scheduling for meals which I had a feeling would happen.  

I'm booked on Serenade on August 23.  I choose MTD.  I have gone on to my cruise planner and booked all my dining times.  Meal planning is done and dusted. I have two sea days that I will need to make decisions about for lunch.  Breakfast will be room service.  It took all of 15 minutes to plan.  Now I understand for someone like @Ocean Boy , who hates the MDR, that won't work but for us it is no problem.  I usually enjoy the MDR and don't think I've ever even been to the Windjammer during dinner.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

.  I usually enjoy the MDR and don't think I've ever even been to the Windjammer during dinner.

Don't know what you are missing then....................If you ever get a chance you should try it, just a whole different atmosphere compared to having breakfast  and  lunch  in there.

No worries find a table, they dim the lights in the back, watch the moonlit wake of the ship out the back.

You will see alot of the higher ups of the crew will be eating with you at that time, performers from the shows etc.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 20

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm booked on Serenade on August 23.  I choose MTD.  I have gone on to my cruise planner and booked all my dining times.  Meal planning is done and dusted. I have two sea days that I will need to make decisions about for lunch.  Breakfast will be room service.  It took all of 15 minutes to plan.  Now I understand for someone like @Ocean Boy , who hates the MDR, that won't work but for us it is no problem.  I usually enjoy the MDR and don't think I've ever even been to the Windjammer during dinner.

We like the MDR too. We have been to dinner in WJ once or twice when we got back too late for the MDR. We didn't care for it. It's great there are choices to satisfy everyone!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Are staff assisting more novice boarders or is social distancing in effect?

Read on FB, that they only are doing advanced as of now. That's why you really don't see a line, just Nick

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, poocher said:

Oh God, now I have to fight the temptation to book the Coco Beach club for our travel party of six!!!  Stop posting those fabulous pictures!!!!

ok and what is a reasonable price for it?😁

I am so glad it is there for people that want them and are will to spend the $$.  I am perfectly content on Chill Beach with my lounger and soaking up the sun and $0 extra cost.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Before covid we pre booked MTD and shows in the planner as well and only ate in WJ for lunch which was spontaneous. Breakfast we went to WJ once and the rest of the time MDR early in the morning when it opened.  I guess I was on a schedule.

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Our family found returning to the MDR on Ovation after dining rooms on Disney ships to be less than to our liking. We did try the Windjammer for dinner, but still weren't happy. We ended up finding the Solarium Bistro on Ovation and that was perfect for us.

One of the best things about cruising is that there are so many options for everyone. We are looking forward to trying the MDR again on our next two cruises, but are also planning to do specialty restaurants as well. Hoping smaller ships will have a better MDR experience. But no matter what, any meal on the ship is better than at home!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, cruisegus said:

For me the Traditional dining is just way to slow, I don't want to have to sit for an hour and a half or more just to eat dinner, that is why going early to "My Time" was so great.

We have been doing MTD since it started.  Love eating when we feel like it.  We normally go anytime between 7-8:30, just depends on show times

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Read on FB, that they only are doing advanced as of now. That's why you really don't see a line, just Nick

How do they know what an advanced flow rider looks like?

Why not get inline...okay they give you the board and then you go at it.........then ut oh...........guess I'm not advanced. Oh well I still got my ride on the flow rider.

Think it's silly they are not giving everyone a shot at it who wants to try it.

And how do some of you actually know the flow rider's names.........wow...that's kind of scary.......like a stalker.  lol

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How do they know what an advanced flow rider looks like?

Why not get inline...okay they give you the board and then you go at it.........then ut oh...........guess I'm not advanced. Oh well I still got my ride on the flow rider.

Think it's silly they are not giving everyone a shot at it who wants to try it.

Maybe because the crew give personal attention to newbies. I've seen them hold on and help them--close contact.

5 minutes ago, RoamingRetirees said:

Maybe because the crew give personal attention to newbies. I've seen them hold on and help them--close contact.

That's only for standup flow rider they did that help thing........You lay down on it, there is no helping of anykind............you can just wipe out unassisted.