Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Nice view. Did you ever share what camera you are using?

For ease of posting, most but not all photos in this Live Post are from my phone camera. I have two other cameras for higher quality photos and video (I didn’t bother bringing a laptop with me, so I am not dealing with video until I get home). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@BirdTravels curious do they have plastic bottled water or just the canned water on the ship?

Plastic bottles. Don’t know if it is the same everywhere. We carried some water onboard at embarkation, so we haven’t been getting any from the bar. Besides, there are more important things to get at the bar 😀

F58F38A5-9A97-4485-A1F3-EBEC79801FB5.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Plastic bottles. Don’t know if it is the same everywhere. We carried some water onboard at embarkation, so we haven’t been getting any from the bar. Besides, there are more important things to get at the bar 😀

F58F38A5-9A97-4485-A1F3-EBEC79801FB5.jpeg

Definitely right about more important things to get at bar!!!

Enjoy the rest of your trip.   It's really great job your doing with live review and excellent photos too.

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Most comment that with reduced passengers, it has been the best cruise in their lives. 

Once upon a time, you used to grade service by the crew to passenger ratio. On a luxury ocean liner (vs cruise ship) like the QE II, ratios down near 1 to 1 use to mean luxury superior service. That’s how this cruise feels. 

Nah,I go on cruises to be with other people. Thats the fun for us. Being on a deserted ship wouldnt be fun for us. To each their own but I would bet the majority of cruisers wouldnt enjoy an empty ship. Im not one who wants to be bothered by crew. I love people watching. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

"Mandatory Health Insurance All travelers are required to choose mandatory COVID-19 health insurance when applying for their Travel Health Visa. The insurance covers travelers for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas."

Yikes! Do you have to purchase it from them? Or do you have to get your own and show proof of insurance? 

What did you do Bird T?

The Bahamas Health Visa IS the insurance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Again...THANK YOU to Bird Travel for giving us a full view, day-by-day experience.  You have answered questions (sometimes the same question two or three times 😂) and also highlighted the important stuff that will make or break our return to sea.  The information on embarkation, disembarkation, scheduling tests, Health Visas, and overall ship environment is invaluable.  I wish you a safe passage home.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, twinmommy08 said:

Bird, have you seen advertisements for the Chef’s Table? Curious if there is a menu and what day it may be available. Thanks 

A bunch of vloggers were at the Chefs Table last night and said the menu hasn’t changed. I believe this was what we were watching 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. That is Jordan. During introductions at the end of the show, she got the loudest applause. Not sure it was because of her videos or if it was because she was the first US skater introduced. 

She was also on Team USA during the 2012 Winter Youth Olympics.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, twinmommy08 said:

Bird, have you seen advertisements for the Chef’s Table? Curious if there is a menu and what day it may be available. Thanks 

As far as I know, it is nightly at 6:30 in the Sapphire MDR, Deck 5 Aft. They 4CB1FB06-8584-45CA-85C6-8B8916F11E5D.thumb.jpeg.e480d92f6daaca933f0ec02e9306fb9d.jpegremoved the pre-cruise menu. 

F2557C0A-132E-4007-98BA-DD0C6C09EAF7.jpeg

• Like 2

@BirdTravels, thank you very much for doing such a wonderful and detailed review. I’m really enjoying following along with you. Our turn doesn’t come until September on Allure so it’s exciting to have a look at what’s going on aboard Adventure now. I appreciate you taking time out of your cruise to sail with us. 

On 6/15/2021 at 7:56 PM, BirdTravels said:

Social Distancing impacts. 

There is one ice show and one theater show due to the reduced capacity of the theaters. Each plays 4 or 5 times. While it may be hard to see, this is Studio B. There are 5 sections (2 on each side and 1 and the entrance end) of about 140 seats. Because of social distancing requirements, those sections only will seat about 24 people. The section may look sparse, but except for a couple of seats (front left), it is at max capacity. All seat with white covers are blocked. The first two rows are fully blocked. Every other row is blocked. 

75A6B7E0-847F-43C1-B4CE-9F57BE206C0C.thumb.jpeg.f710e8bce7bf693c6cc16c52fadb4585.jpeg

That is insane. We will all be vaccinated so this is overkill to say the least. I'm on this sailing June 26th and hope that we are at an equally reduced capacity to make sure we can do the things we want to and not miss out because of these exact situations.

• Like 3