Disappointed in TA

Hi everyone I have a TA that I'm not happy with . Whenever I call I cant get ahold of them and if I leave a message never get an answer back. My concern is if I cant get their help now what will happen if I need their assistance when I need her on my trip. Can I switch TA to another TA or ever to just RC without consequences

2 minutes ago, precious89904600 said:

Hi everyone I have a TA that I'm not happy with . Whenever I call I cant get ahold of them and if I leave a message never get an answer back. My concern is if I cant get their help now what will happen if I need their assistance when I need her on my trip. Can I switch TA to another TA or ever to just RC without consequences

There is no consequence to you.  But the TA needs to release the booking back to you.  They can do this by sending an email to agencytransfers@rccl.com.  

if you are transferring to another TA, they also need to send in an email accepting the new booking. 

If you can’t get your TA to return your calls, then send in an email yourself letting the cruise line know, and asking them to release the booking to you.  

Usually new bookings can only be transferred to a TA within 60 days of creation. This prevents a TA from swooping in at the last minute, and collecting commission on a booking the cruise line has been servicing. So if you are going to use another TA, I’d recommend doing that transfer up front. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, precious89904600 said:

Hopefully you didnt get any promotional obc from this TA as it will disappear if you move it.

The probably arent going to be happy to release it. I had something once and had to call the cruiseline who has to try and contact them and prove the ta is not responding. 

21 minutes ago, F27TW said:

In this day and age, why do people even still use travel agents? 

Mine just hooked us up with a $3400 OS on Harmony next spring.😇

That's a good reason😉

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Option one - spend hours on the phone for each cancelation chasing incorrect refunds and FCC amounts or...

Option two - send one email to my TA and go open another beer.

I choose option two.  TAs cost nothing and charge no fees (the good ones anyways).

That's why I use a TA every single cruise.  

• Like 17

2 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

There is no consequence to you.  But the TA needs to release the booking back to you.  They can do this by sending an email to agencytransfers@rccl.com.  

Not true,  RCL can take the booking away from the TA at any time if there is justification. Lack of communication is certainly justification.  We had the same problem with a TA in the USA. One phone call to RCL and they took the booking.  RCL was very cooperative.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F27TW said:

In this day and age, why do people even still use travel agents? 

$$$$$$$$$$$, it can add up....especially booking more expensive cabins.  I have bought a lot of gasoline, etc at a certain larger box store with the gift cards that come in the mail about 3-4 weeks after cruising.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

$$$$$$$$$$$, it can add up....especially booking more expensive cabins.  I have bought a lot of gasoline, etc at a certain larger box store with the gift cards that come in the mail about 3-4 weeks after cruising.  

Agree.

They have batted for us during the pandemic.  All questions answered.  FCC's and refund issues resolved...the supervisors can take over complex issues and will call you directly. You can call them even on weekends, or email them on times when the wait is quite long.  Those cash cards do add up.

Not to mention we love the rotisserie chicken and the hotdog combo. 😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, KevinXC said:

Is that per person ?

Sorry, it is for a solo cabin, so yes.

But the cabin had that price for two passengers originally.

FWIW, we do have 3 other OS's for 2 passengers for a little less. And 1 GS on an 11 day Baltic for just over 2 grand for two. All suggested and arranged by my TA

All of these deals were L&S situations facilitated by out TA. A couple were iffy, but he went to bat and we got them

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4

I havent had very good luck using a  TA  either . 

They never called me back after i transferred the bookings to them. 

Easy enough to do it myself direct with RC and they will take a call regarding price drops .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Sorry, it is for a solo cabin, so yes.

But the cabin had that price for two passengers originally.

FWIW, we do have 3 other OS's for 2 passengers for a little less. And 1 GS on an 11 day Baltic for just over 2 grand for two. All suggested and arranged by my TA

All of these deals were L&S situations facilitated by out TA. A couple were iffy, but he went to bat and we got them

Solo in an OS on Harmony?!?!?!??!  Niiiiiiiccccceeeeee

Edited by Rogueperson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

Our TA does none of this.  If it weren't for the additional perks I wouldn't even bother.

My last TA just did perks, but they did help with changes. 

A good TA is a prized asset

• Like 4

6 hours ago, crazyank said:

Not true,  RCL can take the booking away from the TA at any time if there is justification. Lack of communication is certainly justification.  We had the same problem with a TA in the USA. One phone call to RCL and they took the booking.  RCL was very cooperative.

Yes they can, but you do need to provide the justification.  That’s why I provided the email. 

• Like 1

Our new TA is the best we have had since I started cruising. Extremely knowledgeable about cruising and Royal Caribbean in particular. Did some great Lift and Shifts, new bookings and notified us of price reductions. Always available to answer questions and very very helpful. I am very happy that I found him via CC. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1