Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

10 minutes ago, generichandle said:

A question I cannot seem to get answered. While onboard, can I order food from the MDR and have it delivered to my cabin? Or is it just 'junk food' you can get on DMW?

I saw you trying to get an answer on a couple of forums.  You know who would know….I believe this was addressed on the Live from Magestic Princess cruises that started back in August.  Havedogwilltravel may see your question or just go to the forums.  I’ll see if I can find it for you.

Tonna

9 minutes ago, generichandle said:

A question I cannot seem to get answered. While onboard, can I order food from the MDR and have it delivered to my cabin? Or is it just 'junk food' you can get on DMW?

There is a set menu with lots of items to order. Not the menu from the dining room. There was both hot food menu as well as cold. Soups, salads, sandwiches made to order,Hamburgers, coffees, teas, booze etc.Also snack foods like Chips, guacamole salsa, huge amount of choices. All came quickly, in minutes.We ordered  via the TV in our cabin. A few orders were not free and price was mentioned. We had the drink package so any booze or coffees showed price but then zero charge to us.

1 minute ago, san diego sue said:

There is a set menu with lots of items to order. Not the menu from the dining room. There was both hot food menu as well as cold. Soups, salads, sandwiches made to order,Hamburgers, coffees, teas, booze etc.Also snack foods like Chips, guacamole salsa, huge amount of choices. All came quickly, in minutes.We ordered  via the TV in our cabin. A few orders were not free and price was mentioned. We had the drink package so any booze or coffees showed price but then zero charge to us.

Too bad. I am never bringing 'formal' clothing, but was hoping I could get the higher scale food only available on 'formal days'. 

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I saw you trying to get an answer on a couple of forums.  You know who would know….I believe this was addressed on the Live from Magestic Princess cruises that started back in August.  Havedogwilltravel may see your question or just go to the forums.  I’ll see if I can find it for you.

Tonna

Thanks Tonna, looks like Sue has the answer.

53 minutes ago, generichandle said:

To order off of the MDR menu in your cabin you would need to be in a full suite -

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, generichandle said:

Too bad. I am never bringing 'formal' clothing, but was hoping I could get the higher scale food only available on 'formal days'. 

There is really no need to bring "formal" clothes - on formal nights just some slacks and a long sleeve shirt will do - I add a sports coat but haven't worn a tie in years

• Like 2

Yeah, nothing Fancy Night worthy.

The fanciest thing we ordered off the inroom tv menu was Pizza from Alfredos.😋

Childrens menu had a good quesadilla with pico degallo & avocado guac.

We had a hard time figuring out good breakfast options? 

Couple mornings we settled on  their version of Egg mcmuffin.

21 hours ago, generichandle said:

Easy...book a suite. Suite guests can order off of the MDR menus.

Alternatives:

eat in the buffet - no fancy wear required

eat in a Specialty restaurant - same as above

eat in the MDR and just wear nice clothes...no one will look at you twice

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Easy...book a suite. Suite guests can order off of the MDR menus.

Alternatives:

eat in the buffet - no fancy wear required

eat in a Specialty restaurant - same as above

eat in the MDR and just wear nice clothes...no one will look at you twice

So true!  Just a pair of nice pants and shirt.  Jacket if you have one, but not required.  DH hasn’t worn a tie to dinner for last 2 years of cruising.  Don’t worry

you’re on vacation!!!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

So true!  Just a pair of nice pants and shirt.  Jacket if you have one, but not required.  DH hasn’t worn a tie to dinner for last 2 years of cruising.  Don’t worry

you’re on vacation!!!!

Jogging pants ok?

And I DO eat in buffet on formal nights. But the usually means missing upscale food [lobster, prime rib etc] which are exclusively served on formal nights. Overall, I like the buffet, being diabetic. I can always find plenty of good choices there. If it were not for certain 'special' selections, plus the entertainment of meeting people [I always ask for large open tables], I would be content. But MDR is a fun place for me. 

Well, we shall see soon. Finally going on Emerald in February. First time with Medallion. Just learning the options. Thanks for all you help folks. 

Haven't seen a lot of jogging pants in the MDR on formal night dinner.  Come to think of it,  I have never seen jogging pants in the MDR on formal nights.  Don't you have a pair of Dockers (dark or khaki) and a shirt with a collar?  As someone mentioned you could attend formal night and never get a second look if wearing this attire.  

20 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

Haven't seen a lot of jogging pants in the MDR on formal night dinner.  Come to think of it,  I have never seen jogging pants in the MDR on formal nights.  Don't you have a pair of Dockers (dark or khaki) and a shirt with a collar?  As someone mentioned you could attend formal night and never get a second look if wearing this attire.  

We were on a segment of the WC several years ago and one "older" gentleman came to the MDR every night in essentially the same clothes...white t-shirt, jeans and red suspenders.

On 11/9/2021 at 9:57 AM, generichandle said:

Sadly, it sounds like 'junk food' only to me. For a real meal I will obviously have to go to MDR or upscale.

The ordering of food that is available really not junk food but more like something to eat if you missed lunch, are tired and feel like staying in your cabin. We got some good tasting sandwiches, salads.Only once did I order "junk food". It was chips and salsa. The menu is not a substitute for dinner.

Just today, after MC App working for me except DMW for our B2B2B, I notice the middle voyage from our B2B2B is missing in the App and I now see two disconnected voyages (OCT 01 & OCT 15).  The Travel Checklist was missing some info and dining res was gone - or appeared to be.

Tried to add the missing voyage - says already linked.

Tried login using booking number for missing voyage and it takes me to the first voyage.

But only shows 1st and 3rs voyages, with anything about 2nd voyage missing.

All bookings are still in Personalizer.

On hold waiting for Princess to answer.  And then who knows how long to get a MedallionClass rep after that.  Phone just went through a minute ago and after blank went back to that ANNOYING muzak.

I believe I have read of similar thing happening random to others, but not sure if anyone having more weird things today.  I have likely lost what decent dining I did have now since I thought at first they had split up the B2B2B so dining could work (possibly) since it doesn't work well at all for multiple-linked voyages.  Now I may have made dining worse since I realize it thinks it already has the missing voyage.

Fun - not.

43 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Just today, after MC App working for me except DMW for our B2B2B, I notice the middle voyage from our B2B2B is missing in the App and I now see two disconnected voyages (OCT 01 & OCT 15).  The Travel Checklist was missing some info and dining res was gone - or appeared to be.

Tried to add the missing voyage - says already linked.

Tried login using booking number for missing voyage and it takes me to the first voyage.

But only shows 1st and 3rs voyages, with anything about 2nd voyage missing.

All bookings are still in Personalizer.

On hold waiting for Princess to answer.  And then who knows how long to get a MedallionClass rep after that.  Phone just went through a minute ago and after blank went back to that ANNOYING muzak.

I believe I have read of similar thing happening random to others, but not sure if anyone having more weird things today.  I have likely lost what decent dining I did have now since I thought at first they had split up the B2B2B so dining could work (possibly) since it doesn't work well at all for multiple-linked voyages.  Now I may have made dining worse since I realize it thinks it already has the missing voyage.

Fun - not.

Hope you get through.  Yes, I noticed the app is confused with b2b’s and it seems

it gets confused on the emergency travel

city.  Mine says that my emergency city is not close to my home address.  I do have my address in there and it is okay for my DH, but not for me.  It’s a b2b2b

and the middle cruise.  Also says we are  Incomplete for checkin, on that middle one.

Let us know what you find out.

Tonna

7 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Hope you get through.  Yes, I noticed the app is confused with b2b’s and it seems

it gets confused on the emergency travel

city.  Mine says that my emergency city is not close to my home address.  I do have my address in there and it is okay for my DH, but not for me.  It’s a b2b2b

and the middle cruise.  Also says we are  Incomplete for checkin, on that middle one.

Let us know what you find out.

Tonna

When a rep finally answered, she said Emergency Airport was not in POLAR - seems weird.  I gave it to her (she was looking at the middle of the B2B2B, since that was the booking number I gave her to look me up and also the problem child in MC App).

Then she said Emergency Contact info missing.  Hmm.. strange since that was in POLAR since JAN 2021 - before MC App had the data conversion done and it was in there so how did MC App get it if not from past cruising? 

So, I gave her that and realized they have changed the MC App page for Emergency Contact and our info did not align with their fields when selected EDIT option.  But it still showed GREEN!! Grrr.

So, I fixed the data in MC App at same time. 

Then she put me thru to OCEAN team (still on hold for that).  Meanwhile, exit MC App and back in and lo and behold, now our B2B2B is back a a single voyage again.  But the DMW info was all #$%*&^@^ up, so I had to delete out day-by-day and now availability is even worse.  This is just making me mad that they could not setup dining in the background even and I am left out as someone who booked last JAN when ship was empty and had our dining setup with friends and now I cannot even get a decent time at a Private table.  (Venting, I know, but there is no excuse for this BS).

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have 2 B2B cruises and in the app they both show as just one cruise

Yes, our B2B2B was there as a single voyage and then we have a 5-day gap before 4th voyage on ISLAND.  But, for some reason, today the middle voyage was gone.  IDK why and IDK what put it all back together.  It certainly was not the OCEAN team fixing my DMW issue.

24 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

When a rep finally answered, she said Emergency Airport was not in POLAR - seems weird.  I gave it to her (she was looking at the middle of the B2B2B, since that was the booking number I gave her to look me up and also the problem child in MC App).

Then she said Emergency Contact info missing.  Hmm.. strange since that was in POLAR since JAN 2021 - before MC App had the data conversion done and it was in there so how did MC App get it if not from past cruising? 

So, I gave her that and realized they have changed the MC App page for Emergency Contact and our info did not align with their fields when selected EDIT option.  But it still showed GREEN!! Grrr.

So, I fixed the data in MC App at same time. 

Then she put me thru to OCEAN team (still on hold for that).  Meanwhile, exit MC App and back in and lo and behold, now our B2B2B is back a a single voyage again.  But the DMW info was all #$%*&^@^ up, so I had to delete out day-by-day and now availability is even worse.  This is just making me mad that they could not setup dining in the background even and I am left out as someone who booked last JAN when ship was empty and had our dining setup with friends and now I cannot even get a decent time at a Private table.  (Venting, I know, but there is no excuse for this BS).

Yes, our B2B2B was there as a single voyage and then we have a 5-day gap before 4th voyage on ISLAND.  But, for some reason, today the middle voyage was gone.  IDK why and IDK what put it all back together.  It certainly was not the OCEAN team fixing my DMW issue.

Yes, I have a b2b2b and they show as one cruise, except DMW…you show all the individual days, even though it looks like 1 cruise and the MedallionNet shows the different booking numbers for each cruise. 

The personalizer on the web shows them separately with each booking number.

There, on the personalizer, it says incomplete, please checkin on the MedallionClass app.  Which I have done

many times. 

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, I have a b2b2b and they show as one cruise, except DMW…you show all the individual days, even though it looks like 1 cruise and the MedallionNet shows the different booking numbers for each cruise. 

The personalizer on the web shows them separately with each booking number.

There, on the personalizer, it says incomplete, please checkin on the MedallionClass app.  Which I have done

many times. 

Yes, same here except I don't see anything wrong in Personalizer.

I did get through to an OCEAN rep.  She was recently on Majestic and said there were no issues with her group of 8 having same table and same waitstaff and time each night.  Of course she did not have multiple-linked voyages either.

She was really no help to me - and in fact caused me issues.  She was looking into the dining and then did a one-night override with table sharing which I did NOT want (did she not hear me correctly?).  Then, she did another night.  So, if you do a single night changes, it is like an override to the all-nights option.  So, I had to go in and delete the res data for 25 single nights and re-do (yet again) the full voyage reservations.  Meanwhile, she had said she saw no Private table options.

As I had been told before, no one can give an answer as to why there is a Split Table option for a dining party.  I said it made no sense as people are looking to dine with their entire party together.  She had no answer but didn't get it either.

I explained to her that my res existed back in JAN and we had bookings linked with friends and early dining recorded at a 4-top.  It was supposed to be protected and carried over from CP to MC App and that did not happen.  With all the DMW bugs and issues with B2B, I keep losing every time something goes wrong (I should have posted this in the DMW thread).  When the dining is re-established, less and less availability because others who are likely not on B2B's have been booking dining.  Of course, are most of the pax all Elite & Platinum as I doubt anyone has fully paid for their cruise a year ahead?  How are all these people able to book dining?  So, I continue to be screwed.  IMO, when they do an update, they should erase all the dining res and force it to be re-booked.  IDK - I am just frustrated at them for weeks and months not really fixing things - and maybe things are basically fixed now for B2B, but I end up on the outside looking in because while all the problems occurred, the dining choices just frittered away, so now all we get is split tables.  (I also realize part of the problem is only 1 of three DR's has been opened in DMW for these voyages - IDK how many yours has).  I guess I will just have to keep checking until another DR opens. 

So, I got nothing from her.  Nothing she could do.  No real answers.  No idea when more DR space opens.  She kept wanting to tell me cruise was so far away.  I called her out on that - nicely - because guests book cruises WAY ahead of sail date and we always had our dining setup when booking and no issues.  Now, I am losing to people who are booking long after we did. 

12 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

We were on a segment of the WC several years ago and one "older" gentleman came to the MDR every night in essentially the same clothes...white t-shirt, jeans and red suspenders.

Ah, I think it is the Red Suspenders that shows Class 🙂

• Haha 2