Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

So sad to see that Princess has had such a meltdown with this app.  Just leaving options to do things on the website would have been enough.

I found and put on hold a Princess cruise today (our first for a couple of years), then noticed some things had to be done on an app.  The reviews of the app were terrible (the worst I've ever seen for any app!) so I came here for the true story.  It does really appear to be useless and driving customers away.

This cruise fits well with what we need, but now I'm actively looking at alternatives from other companies.  How could they let this go on for months?  Don't they want to stay in business?  As a shareholder, I'm appalled that nobody seems to care.

Edited by Rob_H
typo
  • Like 2

Our cruise is in Dec.  Up until yesterday when I selected the Departure Group/ Arrival Group the response was Not available yet.  Today the screen shows the selection screen but there are 0 slots available in either Group A, B. or C.   Can not believe there are no boarding times available in any group?

Cruise is Dec 30, 2021 on Enchanted.

Thanks,

Henry

20 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

So sad to see that Princess has had such a meltdown with this app.  Just leaving options to do things on the website would have been enough.

I found and put on hold a Princess cruise today (our first for a couple of years), then noticed some things had to be done on an app.  The reviews of the app were terrible (the worst I've ever seen for any app!) so I came here for the true story.  It does really appear to be useless and driving customers away.

This cruise fits well with what we need, but now I'm actively looking at alternatives from other companies.  How could they let this go on for months?  Don't they want to stay in business?  As a shareholder, I'm appalled that nobody seems to care.

Sorry you feel that way since we have had no issues at all and look forward to implementing all the features it provides once we are on board. 

You might be a shareholder with Carnival for the opportunity to obtain SHB, but it looks like you might not be investing in any loyalty with Princess.  Forget the app and book the cruise and just use the medallion as you would the previous method cruise card and try to enjoy yourself.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Grego said:

Forget the app and book the cruise and just use the medallion as you would the previous method cruise card and try to enjoy yourself.

That's the problem, it's required.  Lots of things missing on the website.  I did give it a go (using the booking reference as some suggest), managed to log in on one device (multiple times, after each random crash), the other didn't get that far. Couldn't do anything useful before each crash.

We've been on Princess a couple of times and were looking at multiple cruises on Princess during 2022, building status.  We might still go on this one cruise (it's a one-way going the right way at the right time at the right price, we'll assume that everything will have to be done with paper at the pier) but we'll stop looking at Princess for others.  

42 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

We haven’t had any problems with the app.  Some of the issues are old phones, not keeping your phone up to date and

trying to use the app features too far out. 
The other issues, I have no idea, except it seems when they update the app, it then affects people as they try to use it.

This should all be resolved and also they plan to put this on the website also.

We loved Ocean Medallion onboard 2018 and 2019 on our ships. 

Some are planners (I’m guilty) and they are expecting this app to work 6 mos to 2 years out.  Just hang in there, they will

fix it.  If not soon enough for you,

just do what you can ahead of time and carry all your docs, passport, vaccine cards, covid test results, etc…

and go to the port.  Princess will take care of you.  No worries…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob_H said:

They are promoting a return to a web-based option & the implementation date is now scheduled by late November. It appears they’re restoring the previous Cruise Personalizer functions & hopefully it won’t be as glitchy as the app to be a viable option. I’ve been fortunate that the app has worked okay on my Apple devices & hopefully soon the web-based option will be a reliable option.

image.thumb.jpeg.9342985e474016f3662a0f036e1eb4cc.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob_H said:

That's the problem, it's required.  Lots of things missing on the website.  I did give it a go (using the booking reference as some suggest), managed to log in on one device (multiple times, after each random crash), the other didn't get that far. Couldn't do anything useful before each crash.

We've been on Princess a couple of times and were looking at multiple cruises on Princess during 2022, building status.  We might still go on this one cruise (it's a one-way going the right way at the right time at the right price, we'll assume that everything will have to be done with paper at the pier) but we'll stop looking at Princess for others.  

Wait patiently (ignore the app for now)...we're supposed to get access to everything on our PCs again in November 🤞

If that doesn't work out, just go the the port with all of your paperwork and do it there. From reports here, it doesn't take any longer doing it the "old-fashioned" way than it used to.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Wait patiently (ignore the app for now)...we're supposed to get access to everything on our PCs again in November 🤞

If that doesn't work out, just go the the port with all of your paperwork and do it there. From reports here, it doesn't take any longer doing it the "old-fashioned" way than it used to.

Let's hope so. We sail the Majestic tomorrow on a California coastal, and having nothing but problems with the app. So Blue Lane likely tomorrow. But for our Hawaii cruise in January will look forward to doing check in the "old fashioned" way on the website.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

Our cruise is in Dec.  Up until yesterday when I selected the Departure Group/ Arrival Group the response was Not available yet.  Today the screen shows the selection screen but there are 0 slots available in either Group A, B. or C.   Can not believe there are no boarding times available in any group?

Thanks,

Henry

Our cruise is Dec 13th and same here.....0 slots available for A,B or C

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

We haven’t had any problems with the app.  Some of the issues are old phones, not keeping your phone up to date and

trying to use the app features too far out. 
The other issues, I have no idea, except it seems when they update the app, it then affects people as they try to use it.

This should all be resolved and also they plan to put this on the website also.

We loved Ocean Medallion onboard 2018 and 2019 on our ships. 

Some are planners (I’m guilty) and they are expecting this app to work 6 mos to 2 years out.  Just hang in there, they will

fix it.  If not soon enough for you,

just do what you can ahead of time and carry all your docs, passport, vaccine cards, covid test results, etc…

and go to the port.  Princess will take care of you.  No worries…

Most of my issues with the app were minor until just recently.  I have spent hours on the phone (literally hours).  I have an up to date iPhone, app, data and I cruise tomorrow so don't have the luxury to wait until...

I am a planner, but that has nothing to do with the poorly designed app.  I went from Green Lane to Blue Lane.  I have tried everything to enter my credit card information to move me back to the Green Lane.  Each day presents a different "reason".  I deleted all of my credit card information and started again.  Currently it has my (2) cards listed .... but still can't get into green lane.  

Wow...just checked.  Now my emergency airport is "wrong".  It's in the bordering city.  Go figure.

This is beyond frustrating.  Surprises will never end.

Sadly, I don't even need to have a credit card on file because of OBC.  

I was very happy going up to the counter to check in.  But Princess wanted all of us to invest OUR time and energies into filling out a faulty app.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

The app is a total fiasco.  Our cruise leaves Nov 19. I have been in contact with Princess almost daily.  We still cannot access our cruise.  The apps is telling us "Your booking information does not match our records".  Yes, using the right number.  I can access the cruise using the number on the website.

You need the app to enter passports, get boarding passes, etc.  We are supposed to just show up at the cruise port without checking in and hope for the best?  I say no.  I don't relish showing up at the port and being denied boarding because we could not enter our info.

I worked in IT for 40 years.  If we ever treated our customers the way Princess has treated me, I would not have made it 40 years.  I do not trust Princess at this point to make this right. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Most of my issues with the app were minor until just recently.  I have spent hours on the phone (literally hours).  I have an up to date iPhone, app, data and I cruise tomorrow so don't have the luxury to wait until...

I am a planner, but that has nothing to do with the poorly designed app.  I went from Green Lane to Blue Lane.  I have tried everything to enter my credit card information to move me back to the Green Lane.  Each day presents a different "reason".  I deleted all of my credit card information and started again.  Currently it has my (2) cards listed .... but still can't get into green lane.  

Wow...just checked.  Now my emergency airport is "wrong".  It's in the bordering city.  Go figure.

This is beyond frustrating.  Surprises will never end.

Sadly, I don't even need to have a credit card on file because of OBC.  

I was very happy going up to the counter to check in.  But Princess wanted all of us to invest OUR time and energies into filling out a faulty app.

My emergency airport is just a few minutes from my house, and yet Princess insists (on the app) that it is not in the same area as my home address.  Yes, I double checked my address as well as my husband's address to make sure they were correct.  Never had this issue in the 34 Princess cruises we've taken before the app.

18 minutes ago, CruisinMinnie said:

My emergency airport is just a few minutes from my house, and yet Princess insists (on the app) that it is not in the same area as my home address.  Yes, I double checked my address as well as my husband's address to make sure they were correct.  Never had this issue in the 34 Princess cruises we've taken before the app.

Just finished a chat with Live...seems as though my contact information mysteriously disappeared/deleted/removed.  To add more insult, when I signed back in....using booking number, it was rejected.  Didn't like upper case letters (as on invoice).  Success with lower case.

So now I have a place to send my dead body.  How many days will it take me to "come back new" with all the frustrations of trying to get onboard using the Medallion Class (useless/worthless) app?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just finished a chat with Live...seems as though my contact information mysteriously disappeared/deleted/removed.  To add more insult, when I signed back in....using booking number, it was rejected.  Didn't like upper case letters (as on invoice).  Success with lower case.

So now I have a place to send my dead body.  How many days will it take me to "come back new" with all the frustrations of trying to get onboard using the Medallion Class (useless/worthless) app?

Omg!  Thanks for the laugh today!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Omg!  Thanks for the laugh today!

On the phone with the Navigator, again.  If you don't have humor, you really can't approach this app with any civility.  I was being transferred when the call was disconnected.  Oh my.  Then I called the OCEAN number and was connected to CSR who was kind enough to stay on the line until I was connected.  

From Monday morning's 2 hour call to 3:40 PM (they close at 5)...they have not been able to get my credit card activated/registered.  

Princess will receive a very detailed review (dates/names) when I get back.  I am sure they know how bad the app is.  But they need to keep hearing from everyone until they improve this situation.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

Thanks,

Henry

Same issue with our cruise which departs Nov 24th. Not too worried if i get on first or last as long as i am on the cruise 🙂

I checked app again at 3 AM (don't ask why I am still awake).  Last Saturday's problem appeared again...someone deleted my Medallion Net order.  I have a paper trail, but this is so annoying.  

If I wasn't such a positive person, I would think that Princess has singled me out to harass.

Called Princess at 8 AM.  30 minutes later, "reassurance" that Princess can see the order although not on my app.  The Internet Manager will be able to fix this (along with 500 other passengers with issues).  But the good news.....drum roll.... I'm back to being in the Green Lane.  

What other miracles are in store for me?  It is a good thing my doctor says I have a strong heart.

So what's the latest word on OBC for Medallion Net pre-orders?  Refundable?  Non-refundable?  50% ?

Called Princess at 8 AM.  30 minutes later, "reassurance" that Princess can see the order although not on my app.  The Internet Manager will be able to fix this (along with 500 other passengers with issues).  But the good news.....drum roll.... I'm back to being in the Green Lane.  

What other miracles are in store for me?  It is a good thing my doctor says I have a strong heart.

So what's the latest word on OBC for Medallion Net pre-orders?  Refundable?  Non-refundable?  50% ?

Did you ask when on the phone?  It is 100% refundable.  One ship just launched is not going to be an outlier, making up pricing policies on their own.  If someone was being obstinate about it, I would ask them to contact Guest Relations at HQ and speak with Director/Manager.  The ship is misinformed or their on-board computer pricing has not been updated.

Edited by Steelers36

Low and behold.  Got an email from our Princess TA last night. She told me that they had done some updates and upgrades to the systems overnight.  She asked that I try the Medallion app again.

Wow!  It worked.  Our cruise shows up. We were able to complete our registration.  I did a happy dance.

Hope it is working for others now.  It took several emails to our TA, customer service and the director of CS to get it working.  Not sure if the emails did the trick or they just got their stuff together.

• Like 1

Question on medallion customization. I've looked around and can't readily find anything. So here goes. On the Medallion app under Your Medallion device, Custom Medallion device, Medallion customization,  Special Interest Badges shows Air Force as an example but non of the Armed Services are actually available only Firefighters, Paramedics, Police, and National Guard. I'd choose Coast Guard if it was available! Not the best example (Air Force) if it really isn't selectable. Anyone have more info? Thanks!

• Like 1