Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

When you look at your account…do you see the credit card stored under your name or your roommate?

Nope, we're well past that point. The card used to show, but the app still insisted that I needed to add the card, so I deleted last week, and have been unable to add it again.

Even their support folks were unable to get the app to recognize the card

I've used the same info for 7 bookings, and only 2 of them say everything is OK.

They can process my card at check-in.

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

Nope, we're well past that point. The card used to show, but the app still insisted that I needed to add the card, so I deleted last week, and have been unable to add it again.

I've used the same info for 7 bookings, and only 2 of them say everything is OK.

Then you did try it without checking the shoreside purchase option?  I recall way back when MC App was new, that option was messing me up.

Does anyone know where you can add a celebration to someone’s cruise?  I’m not talking about purchasing a package.  There used to be a place on the personalizer under onboard services where you could let princess know if someone was celebrating a birthday or anniversary.  I’m assuming that is now done on the app as it’s no longer available in the personalizer but can’t find where on the app you can add that information. TIA

My app was working fine last week but after adding a 3 day to a 16 day for a b2b the app now doesn't open - I have a slight I phone update to do tonight and then will look again.  Makes me want to give up and just show up with paperwork

1 hour ago, memoak said:

My app was working fine last week but after adding a 3 day to a 16 day for a b2b the app now doesn't open - I have a slight I phone update to do tonight and then will look again.  Makes me want to give up and just show up with paperwork

Our app has been fine for a few weeks.  But we always have paper backup regardless.

App continues to perform fine for me, except for DMW on our B2B2B.  Which is due to two things:  (1) They still have B2B issues; (2) AFAIK, they only have one DR loaded into inventory and that has affected availability.  I cannot get even individual nights for 4 together as it always wants to split.  IDK if that is completely an inventory issue or the B2B issue.  Funny how there are plenty of 2-tops, but no more 4-tops.  Oh well, it will work out by next OCT no doubt.

On 10/31/2021 at 12:35 PM, CineGraphic said:

I gave up trying to enter my credit card via app/CSR/Ocean Navigator over several weeks.  Resigned to Blue Line and get it all straightened out when I boarded.  Miraculously, 30 minutes before I left the house, my status turned green lane.  Don't know how that happened because I was on the phone with Princess from 8 - 8:45 AM the day of embarkation and they couldn't do anything.  

Funny thing is OceanNavigator lady asked me with a very condescending tone:  "What do you want me to do?"  I was getting on a ship no matter what, so it really didn't matter.  I really wanted to say a mouthful, but restrained myself.  Two rudes wouldn't make it right.  

Looking back, all the drama with the Medallion Class app wasn't worth the aggravation.  I hadn't planned on doing much with it once on board since I didn't have Princess Plus.  The app worked okay for me.  As for my cabin mate....she couldn't chat with me, but everything else seemed to function.  Until she took it to Carina (Medallion Class table).  They fiddled with it, deleted app/re-installed update.  Then NOTHING worked.  Carina took a screen shot and sent it to somebody.  Cabin mate was told to check it in a couple of hours.  Cabin mate could get nothing on her Android the rest of the cruise.  Moral of story:  Be happy that your app works, sometimes, for now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Same situation with me and my wife. Once, all of my 5 bookings disappeared. After I kept complaining to Navigator, I got one back just in time to board on this coming Sat. The rest of the bookings are still gone. Before, both my wife and I got green line with QR code of Dec bookings. My wife's app showed only 2 of three B2B2B. Mine of course not showing at all. We called many times about it. One navigator lady told us that we just to show up at the terminal, stand in blue line and filled out some paper works. another Navigator gentleman told us that they would raise the issue to their team! Why they launched this app for their loyal guests to suffer before the app runs smoothly.  

Today I got an email regarding cancellation of my medallion order. I checked the app and our cancelled cruises have now disappeared so that's the medallion order they are referencing. I'm happy that the cruises are now gone from the web site and the app. Now there is only one cruise showing in both and we are "green line" on that one. Now if only we can actually sail...

On 11/3/2021 at 5:34 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I gave up trying to enter my credit card via app/CSR/Ocean Navigator over several weeks.  Resigned to Blue Line and get it all straightened out when I boarded.  Miraculously, 30 minutes before I left the house, my status turned green lane.

If that happened to me ... I just don't know how many speeding tickets I would get...

trying to get to the ship before my lane changed!

• Haha 1

I'm too lazy to read 55 pages.....😳

Can anyone tell me what "green line" but with a "4" on the Medallion app screen indicates? I suspect there is something I still need to do for our Feb 2022 cruise, but I have not been able to figure out what it is. I did enter my credit card a while back and that seemed to change things from "blue line" to green. We have cruised with the Medallion app before so a lot of info like address, photos, etc are already there.

Thanks!

Doug

26 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I'm too lazy to read 55 pages.....😳

Can anyone tell me what "green line" but with a "4" on the Medallion app screen indicates? I suspect there is something I still need to do for our Feb 2022 cruise, but I have not been able to figure out what it is. I did enter my credit card a while back and that seemed to change things from "blue line" to green. We have cruised with the Medallion app before so a lot of info like address, photos, etc are already there.

Thanks!

Doug

Number 4 would be when arrival groups are available and you select one. Then 5 would be the health questionnaire the day before sailing.

• Like 1

I am one of those without a smart phone - but got a tablet, got the Medallion App to work and currently show "Green" for our cruise next fall.  I am guessing that when the time comes to board the ship I am going to have to show them something - like a QR code etc from my tablet.  My wife and I were both done on my tablet - she doesn't have one.  When the time comes will I get the code or boarding pass or whatever they use for BOTH of us?  Thanks.

55 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

I am one of those without a smart phone - but got a tablet, got the Medallion App to work and currently show "Green" for our cruise next fall.  I am guessing that when the time comes to board the ship I am going to have to show them something - like a QR code etc from my tablet.  My wife and I were both done on my tablet - she doesn't have one.  When the time comes will I get the code or boarding pass or whatever they use for BOTH of us?  Thanks.

One will suffice as you really just need physical Medallion which is mailed to you.  Otherwise, need (1) Passport; (2) Vaccine Proof; (3) Covid Test Proof; (4) Credit card.

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

One will suffice as you really just need physical Medallion which is mailed to you.  Otherwise, need (1) Passport; (2) Vaccine Proof; (3) Covid Test Proof; (4) Credit card.

Thanks!

42 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

Thanks!

You will get a medallion for each of you,

about 2 weeks from sailing.

But, you still need to bring your original

passports, covid vaccine proof (as outlined on PCL website), credit card and proof of your negative covid test (as outlined on PCL website) within 2 days of sailing.  Copies are not acceptable.