Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

You will get a medallion for each of you,

about 2 weeks from sailing.

But, you still need to bring your original

passports, covid vaccine proof (as outlined on PCL website), credit card and proof of your negative covid test (as outlined on PCL website) within 2 days of sailing.  Copies are not acceptable.

Okay, but there isn't really an original doc for Covid test.  It's an email and the doc could be saved off or printed.  I would not call a printed copy an original.  The only true original is the electronic email.  Are you saying Princess check-in reps won't take a hardcopy print?  IDK for sure, but those without a smart device are not going to have a true original and would need some sort of report from the test site.  At least I think so.  Anyone with a PC or smartphone can get an email.

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Okay, but there isn't really an original doc for Covid test.  It's an email and the doc could be saved off or printed.  I would not call a printed copy an original.  The only true original is the electronic email.  Are you saying Princess check-in reps won't take a hardcopy print?  IDK for sure, but those without a smart device are not going to have a true original and would need some sort of report from the test site.  At least I think so.  Anyone with a PC or smartphone can get an email.

Yes, by original, I referred to the PCL website, as they spell out what is 

acceptable.  If they don’t have a Smart phone or PC, then they would have to test in person and get their result from them to show. Thanks for clarifying.

21 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

Number 4 would be when arrival groups are available and you select one. Then 5 would be the health questionnaire the day before sailing.

Thanks. Once the arrival groups are available, which I assuming is about 2 weeks prior to sailing, do I click on the "4" to request a time? Same for the "5" I assume once that time is here.

Looking forward to cruising, but I bet I am not alone in that.....😎

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Okay, but there isn't really an original doc for Covid test.  ........

Ooops, I answered this because I misread your "covid test" as "vaccination card"....I really need to have at least one cup of coffee in my before I try to reply to posts here.......😉

Not absolute for many of us. At least in TN we are given a "shot card" with our first inoculations, which then is updated with the second dose and booster (as appropriate). I've made a couple of copies of that, both digitally which I keep on my PC/phone/tablet and one or two paper copies. Probably not as "legal" as our original cards, but better than nothing hopefully. Several years ago I learned the value of having my credit cards, Medicare and car insurance cards, DL, car registration, military ID, and cruise documents including our passports, etc on my devices. Certainly not "legal" in all cases, but better than nothing! And of course I always take the originals of those docs on our trips!😎

Interesting all the different ways we must prove our vaccination status. I suppose that's why some are pushing for a federal database of some sort. Not that I advocate that.......

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Guess what this strip made me think of?

User Interface - Dilbert by Scott Adams

I know, I know!! The Medallion app, right? Did I get it right? Well, or you could mean the Princess.com site....or maybe the CelebrityCruises.com site? Or maybe the Kroger.com/pharmacy or others; I've not logged on too many places lately.....been too busy trying to get THOSE to work! 😎

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks. Once the arrival groups are available, which I assuming is about 2 weeks prior to sailing, do I click on the "4" to request a time? Same for the "5" I assume once that time is here.

Looking forward to cruising, but I bet I am not alone in that.....😎

Click on "Travel checklist" and scroll down to "arrival and departure groups" to click on that and select your group time. It should automatically then check the 4 spot as completed. 

Edited by Musky Ike

2 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Click on "Travel checklist" and scroll down to "arrival and departure groups" to click on that and select your group time. It should automatically then check the 4 spot as completed. 

Thank you Musky Ike, I will give that a try. I suspect it's not available for our end of February 2022 cruise yet, but I will give it a try after I do the final payment, which is now 114 days from today!

13 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thank you Musky Ike, I will give that a try. I suspect it's not available for our end of February 2022 cruise yet, but I will give it a try after I do the final payment, which is now 114 days from today!

Groups became available for us 30 days from embarkation.  That seems rational but whether it is a standard is anybody's guess.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Groups became available for us 30 days from embarkation.  That seems rational but whether it is a standard is anybody's guess.

Thanks. Yep, anybody's guess! Seems like there are many, many variations on folk's success with the app, and even talking with a Princess rep, doesn't it?

I've talk to many reps, submitted many emails in the last three months and have accomplished absolutely nothing.  I cannot sign in to the app.  If I use a booking number I get in but can't do anything.  My wife can sign in, all our bookings show, but she can't do anything.

Today I deleted and installed latest Android update.  Still no luck for me but my wife got in with all bookings showing.  Tried to add info.  Got a curling symbol, which was a step above previous, but now get statement booking not linked.  Advised to link booking.  Enter number and told it is in use.

JUST PURE JUNK.

• Like 1

As unfriendly as the App is before you get on the ship.... we had No prob once on.

Two trips now, and I saw No Yellow, Blue, Green lanes at check in.

And it didn't matter What boarding group you got, they take you as you get there.

Nobody asked, and nobody seemed to care.

Allotta fretting for nothing goin on.....

One headsup to Elite folks. The Lounge is small.  We were seated in the Overflow

area outside lounge.  We could see people thru the curtain, getting up and going UP

the Escalators (behind the curtains) to board!

Nobody notified the Overflow area!

We ended up getting  up, and getting in the line into the Lounge....Where we were

still in Line and walking immediately OUT of Elite Lounge, Up the Escalator

and onto the ship!

So if youre sitting there?  Get up, to get Out. 😷

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 7:18 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, by original, I referred to the PCL website, as they spell out what is 

acceptable.  If they don’t have a Smart phone or PC, then they would have to test in person and get their result from them to show. Thanks for clarifying.

I just got back from a cruise. I sailed out of Port of Los Angeles.  I printed my covid test which I received from Walgreens in my email.   Princess accepted this with no issues.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2021 at 3:35 PM, CineGraphic said:

Nope, we're well past that point. The card used to show, but the app still insisted that I needed to add the card, so I deleted last week, and have been unable to add it again.

Even their support folks were unable to get the app to recognize the card

I've used the same info for 7 bookings, and only 2 of them say everything is OK.

They can process my card at check-in.

Do you need to have your credit card info right now in the app?  You can give them your credit card upon check in with no problem.  We just returned from a sailing and our friends CC could not be entered into the app;  so they just gave it to them at the port.  I know everyone wants the app to be perfect and have all green check marks;  but pls don't let this small issue upset you before you sail.  All the best

• Like 1

3 hours ago, memoak said:

Deleted and reloaded Apple app and lo and behold I am able to load my passport.  Finally

Can anyone validate that Deleting and Reloading is better than Automatic Update ? Just curious, our next cruise is not until Feb 2022 so I have not bothered with the App recently.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Can anyone validate that Deleting and Reloading is better than Automatic Update ? Just curious, our next cruise is not until Feb 2022 so I have not bothered with the App recently.

My next one is in March. My apps update automatically but I was not even able to open it after the 3.4.1 update so I deleted and reloaded. It worked 

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

New screen just popped up for me today:

Screenshot_20211108-061120_MedallionClass.thumb.jpg.624986e2116befaef47246de4cdbcc71.jpg

did I miss an update? Is it finally doing it on its own? FWIW I'm not interested in any of the merchants, just thought it might be updating itself

My apple app updates automatically

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

Screenshot_20211108-061120_MedallionClass.thumb.jpg.624986e2116befaef47246de4cdbcc71.jpg

did I miss an update? Is it finally doing it on its own? FWIW I'm not interested in any of the merchants, just thought it might be updating itself

On Apple you decide whether to automatically update or not. I believe the decision is for all apps and so you might prefer just to choose to update the few apps you use rather than everything.

On 11/8/2021 at 9:18 AM, Ombud said:

Has anyone ever successfully user a medallion at a merchant off the ship to complete a transaction?