Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

3 hours ago, awinte2 said:

Do not waste your time anymore Jen . Have been through this with the people in charge .Lol.

I also have an I phone 6 and the software is not going to be compatible with the Medallion app.

Also Apple will not be doing anymore updates to this phone I am told because it is too old.

So If you do not want to get a newer phone keep the one  you have.  You will still be able to go on your cruise by either going onto personalizer ( so they say) or if you need assistance call Princess but be prepared to wait on hold for a while.

I had an I6 and for this and some other granddaughter reasons I upgraded to a SE.  Wasn't terribly expensive and the app now works.

Can this App still be so bad ????? We changed our date added a cabin to our booking and so I broke down, deleted and reinstalled the App. Tried to add DW passport - got most of the way through it but it does not turn camera on. Tried to enter Birthdate and it defaults to today's date, no manual entry and I would have to scroll back a month at a time !

16 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Can this App still be so bad ????? We changed our date added a cabin to our booking and so I broke down, deleted and reinstalled the App. Tried to add DW passport - got most of the way through it but it does not turn camera on. Tried to enter Birthdate and it defaults to today's date, no manual entry and I would have to scroll back a month at a time !

I did not mention this was on an iPad with latest iOS.

Many thanks Awinte2 - it's good to know I'm not the only one stuck in the dark ages! I was thinking of donating my iPhone 6 to the V&A Museum as according to Apple it is now a relic.  Hopefully PCL will get the Personalizer up and running again - why that option was abandoned heaven knows but I'm guessing they employ a tech geek (probably all of about 12 years old!) who thought the new app was a great invention.........I've now discovered that one of our big supermarkets, Sainsburys, has also got an app that will only accept IOS 13 or above so my mobile has thrown that one out as well.  Don't you just love technology.  Have a good day.

I felt so much better after I read all your posts on the Medallion debacle.  Right before the shut down we did our first Medallion cruise (we are Elite so familiar with Princess)I felt it was ruining the whole cruising experience.  My medallion never worked even though they had me running back and forth to the help desk.  Finally gave up and when the steward saw me coming he'd let me into my room.

Now we're leaving on the 27th and all the problems I've read recently still apply.  

I've wondered from the beginning if the medallion is a security measure, which I would understand, since they would know everyones position on the ship. If so just say it but don'e try to sell me that this is for our greater experience.:-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megotoo said:

I felt so much better after I read all your posts on the Medallion debacle.  Right before the shut down we did our first Medallion cruise (we are Elite so familiar with Princess)I felt it was ruining the whole cruising experience.  My medallion never worked even though they had me running back and forth to the help desk.  Finally gave up and when the steward saw me coming he'd let me into my room.

Now we're leaving on the 27th and all the problems I've read recently still apply.  

I've wondered from the beginning if the medallion is a security measure, which I would understand, since they would know everyones position on the ship. If so just say it but don'e try to sell me that this is for our greater experience.:-)

You couldn't trade it out for a cruise card ?

18 minutes ago, memoak said:

You couldn't trade it out for a cruise card ?

What ship?  We had Ocean Medallion twice on the Caribbean Princess and the Regal Princess….2018 and 2019…

Before covid, loved it and no problems.

They should have given you a card to open your door.  Issues on some ships converting all those doors and the ship over to the new medallion.  I could not believe all the wires it involved all over tje ship.  We had a few techs OB that showed us.  The newer ships are already wired.

On 11/16/2021 at 12:53 PM, diane.in.ny said:

OK ... another question

I am trying to enter our passport information manually but I can't enter a birthdate. I get a calendar showing Nov 2021 but no way to enter a year.

I am having the same problem - so frustrating!

The GOOD news to report on 11/18/21:  I have recovered enough from the trials and tribulations of a rally bad app experience BEFORE my last cruise.  I was ready to give up on this debacle. But, lo and behold, when I went in to check on my next cruise (2022), everything of importance transferred over to the next voyage (photo, passport, emergency contact, etc). I had to ll out home airport.

What DIDN'T work was my credit card entry.  Same issue I had before.  I could not enter my first choice of credit card.  Don't know what the problem is/was.  Can anyone explain what email address they want with the card.  Is it the email address you use for Princess or the email address associated with the card?  I entered another card....B I N G O....it was accepted.  I'll just change it on board.  Yellow lane with months to go.  

Eagerly awaiting web based registration.  Any update on when this will happen?

2 minutes ago, cabogal said:

Is the app compatible with Samsung Galaxy 10 phones? I am not able to enter info, scan my passport or anything. It did let me order the medallions - yippee!

The app supports Android 8 and above so if your Galaxy S10 is running at least that level (my S7 runs 8.0), the app should "work." Note the quotes in the word work. 😉

• Haha 1

What does each color lane mean and the time? I did not pick a time but yesterday I got on the APP a pop up on the arrival group that  said green lane group A 11;30 to 12. I understand I think that means I arrive at that time but what is the green lane? I also am Elite and in a Club Class mini so where exactly do I go?

Thank you

Kathy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

What does each color lane mean and the time? I did not pick a time but yesterday I got on the APP a pop up on the arrival group that  said green lane group A 11;30 to 12. I understand I think that means I arrive at that time but what is the green lane? I also am Elite and in a Club Class mini so where exactly do I go?

Thank you

Kathy

In the main entrance like you used to and just follow directions and/or signs.  If you arrive before boarding has commenced, you will still go to the Elite/Suite "lounge" upstairs for priority boarding.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

In the main entrance like you used to and just follow directions and/or signs.  If you arrive before boarding has commenced, you will still go to the Elite/Suite "lounge" upstairs for priority boarding.

thank you😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrSea said:

Can I not add a credit card to the app or my medallion? I will 100% lose it during the cruise. I don't want someone stealing it and using it.

Also, will I be charged for replacement medallions?

Nothing is stored ON the Medallion. It only contains information to allow the computer on the ship to identify you. Your info is stored on the computer.

• Like 3

On 11/16/2021 at 4:44 PM, diane.in.ny said:

Today was my first day of giving it a try and have now uninstalled it from my phone. We don't sail until February and I will wait a while to reload it. That said, I have also read that you can do nothing and have techies at the pier take care of it. Just bring paperwork, which I do anyway. So in the end, that will probably be my choice. I refuse to spend hours on hold on the phone or curse out an app. I was a computer programmer and this app is a disgrace.

I'm so over this frustration and about ready to arrive at the pier, documents in hand and tell them to do it.  

• Like 1