Bayonne Cape Liberty is a go for SEPT 5 -so far!

this was published on the CRUISE INDUSTRY newsletter this morning

The Oasis of the Seas has got CDC’s provisional approval to sail a simulated voyage on Aug. 22-28, 2021. This was announced by the President and CEO of Royal Caribbean International, Michael Bayley.

Bayley said that the news was delivered to them in a letter from the CDC.

According to Royal Caribbean’s schedule, the Oasis of the Seas will sail her first revenue voyage on Sept. 5 from Cape Liberty. She will be visiting Port Canaveral, Perfect Day at CocoCay and Nassau on a seven-night itinerary.

so for all of us who are supposed to be sailing on this ship.. LETS PRAY.. 

• Like 2

when I saw this topic on the next page, it DID state this for future test sailings,, so looks like test WILL be out of NJ

Royal Caribbean International has issued an update on their upcoming simulated voyages (test cruises) that will sail with volunteers:

• Allure of the Seas – July 27 from Port Canaveral
  • Symphony of the Seas – Aug. 1 from PortMiami
  • Independence of the Seas – Aug. 1 from Port of Galveston
  • Mariner of the Seas – Aug. 11 from Port Canaveral
  • Serenade of the Seas – July 7 from Port of Seattle
  • Oasis of the Seas – Aug. 22 from Cape Liberty

8 minutes ago, TennisCaptain said:

The Oasis of the Seas has got CDC’s provisional approval to sail a simulated voyage on Aug. 22-28, 2021. This was announced by the President and CEO of Royal Caribbean International, Michael Bayley.

According to Royal Caribbean’s schedule, the Oasis of the Seas will sail her first revenue voyage on Sept. 5 from Cape Liberty. She will be visiting Port Canaveral, Perfect Day at CocoCay and Nassau on a seven-night itinerary.

🙏 I'm booked on this sail.

• Like 2

According to the RC BLOG information, the CDC has required EACH SHIP that wants to get approved to sail with revenue generating passengers  conduct a test sailing to ensure all procedures are known and followed by that ship and crew.  even though  some are not going out of FLORIDA it is now appears to be  uniform mandate.

for those of us on SEPT 5 sailing, we must pray that all crew will stay negative in their testing and not create the situations that occurred on Odyssey and the disney ship.. IF it all goes well for the test cruise, then we should be a go for sept as they will get supplies and  put everything  in place for us..   cruise will not be at full capacity so it should be a GREAT trip as those are reporting on youtube  videos from Adventure, Freedom and Celebrity ships..

NELBLU so looking forward to seeing you on the LIDO!!!

I'm very confused by all of this. All I want to know is if sailings out of Bayonne will require vaccination for over 12s. I'm fine with conceding Florida at this point, but I'd really love if my home port would require it. 

Is the takeaway at this point, that if more than 5% are unvaxxed (kids or otherwise), mask protocols and separation by venues will also be in place? So then there's no point from a marketing perspective for them to offer fully vaccinated for over 12 cruises since they won't get to 95%? I was on Adventure last week and being mask free in that environment was a real treat. 

• Like 3

Just now, njkruzer said:

I wonder if Anthem will need a test cruise when it arrives from the UK October 30th?  She'll have sailed for more than 3 months from Southampton. 

If so the entire test cruise thing makes no sense.

The entire crew is vaccinated the %of vaccinated vs unvaccinated ratio will be determined by the CDC.

The required on board protocols will be easily accomplished and enforced.

Maybe the CDC thinks the name of the ship has something to do with it... JK

No sense at all.....

11 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I'm very confused by all of this. All I want to know is if sailings out of Bayonne will require vaccination for over 12s. I'm fine with conceding Florida at this point, but I'd really love if my home port would require it. 

Is the takeaway at this point, that if more than 5% are unvaxxed (kids or otherwise), mask protocols and separation by venues will also be in place? So then there's no point from a marketing perspective for them to offer fully vaccinated for over 12 cruises since they won't get to 95%? I was on Adventure last week and being mask free in that environment was a real treat. 

Nothing is in stone yet, but all communication from Royal has been that Oasis from Bayonne will require Vaccinations for all Pax 12+, but they may have enough kids under 12 on board they cannot guarantee 95%. As of now, though, since there won't be adults on board who are unvaccinated, there should not be a need for shipwide masking and the separated areas, just a requirement that the unvaccinated children wear masks in public indoor areas (much like on Adventure). 

Of course this is all assuming nothing changes, but for now things are looking hopeful. 

• Like 3

Are the pilots and crew 100% vaccinated ?

Are 95% of the passengers vaccinated?

Are all the unvaccinated passengers given pre flight Covid tests?

Does anyone know if anyone else is vaccinated?

How many of the AIR ships now in flight have done a test flight?

No baloney about being around people for days on a ship, with less exposure problems than sitting with passengers on either side as well as front and back of you for hours on end.

812.JPG

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

No baloney about being around people for days on a ship, with less exposure problems than sitting with passengers on either side as well as front and back of you for hours on end.

812.JPG

The difference is I keep my mask on in flight. It's so not a big deal. I work 12 hours at a time masked. I'm used to it. But on a cruise ship, I don't want to wear a mask. Personal choice. I will seek out sailings where enough people are vaccinated that I don't have to mask once onboard. I greatly enjoyed my Adventure sailing without being masked. I'd rather drive to the port in Bayonne than have to fly to Nassau or Seattle, but I will respect the protocols. If vax isn't required, I will stay home or cruise elsewhere. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

812.JPG

Oops I did it again, 

46 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

812.JPG

Oops I did it again, I showed that stinking flight map............OMG make it stop. !!    Planes aren't Cruiseships!   That's why!!!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TennisCaptain said:

it could take a week or two to get final approval from CDC after test cruise. But we can always hope.

8 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

The difference is I keep my mask on in flight. It's so not a big deal. I work 12 hours at a time masked. I'm used to it. But on a cruise ship, I don't want to wear a mask. Personal choice. I will seek out sailings where enough people are vaccinated that I don't have to mask once onboard. I greatly enjoyed my Adventure sailing without being masked. I'd rather drive to the port in Bayonne than have to fly to Nassau or Seattle, but I will respect the protocols. If vax isn't required, I will stay home or cruise elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Opps I did it again, I

Opps I did it again, I showed that stinking flight map............OMG make it stop. !!    Planes aren't Cruiseships!   That's why!!!

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Opps I did it again, I

Opps I did it again, I showed that stinking flight map............OMG make it stop. !!    Planes aren't Cruiseships!   That's why!!!

Too bad.

And the statement that planes are not cruise ships means nothing .

Cruise ships and cruise terminals with the current restrictions are infinitely safer than airplanes, masks or no masks..

Many time safer than any of the hundreds of thousands of bars and restaurants where the social distancing and masking restrictions have been eliminated.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, boscobeans said:

Does each ship need a test cruise ??

If so WHY ??

Everything the cdc has done from the beginning is senseless. Dont ask why because the reason will just change again.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Too bad.

Cruise ships and cruise terminals with the current restrictions are infinitely safer than airplanes, masks or no masks..

Many time safer than any of the hundreds of thousands of bars and restaurants where the social distancing and masking restrictions have been eliminated.

And no one has any idea how many people caught Covid from flying because no one tracks a person after they were in an airport for 2 hours and  then on  flight for another 3 hours.............After that the person goes on their merry way. No tracking.

That is the difference between flying and cruising. Enough said before this thread gets pulled. The End.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

Too bad.

When was the last time you heard about a norovirus or legionnaires outbreak on a flight? I'll give you a hint:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19796107/