Review: Adventure of the Seas - "Because this will NEVER happen again"

41 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Cool.  I can’t wait to see the rest.  Can I have a sneak preview…… Did it get less stressful once you got on the ship?

Air travel has been a mess for many...  just part of the game right now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow, what a documentation nightmare. Glad you were able to get through it ok. Great story telling. I feel like I was there with you.

It's no vo/sot.  😉

• Like 2

We are flying in from Dallas as well on Friday, staying at the Hilton.  What time did you finish check-in?  We’ll have 3 adults 2 kiddos.  Would you have done something different for dinner or did you feel the value was there?

THANK YOU!!! This is great! We are on Adventure August 28th. We are flying out of Philly on AA. Our airport can be a nightmare under normal circumstances. We are flying in the day of the cruise. I feel like I will be holding my breath until we are on the plane. We plan on getting to the airport 3 hours before our 11am flight.  Looking forward to reading the rest of your trip experience. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spammie said:

THANK YOU!!! This is great! We are on Adventure August 28th. We are flying out of Philly on AA. Our airport can be a nightmare under normal circumstances. We are flying in the day of the cruise. I feel like I will be holding my breath until we are on the plane. We plan on getting to the airport 3 hours before our 11am flight.  Looking forward to reading the rest of your trip experience. 

Why do people fly in same day as cruise?  Someone on FB posted Southwest canceled his flight and now they missed the ship.  After all this time waiting  for cruising to start again why would anyone take the chance.  Hope you have travel insurance.

• Like 1

We were on this sailing with Wayne and his wonderful family. This recap/review is going to make me feel like I am right back on the ship. We stayed the night before at the Marriott just down the street and on sail-away day, we arrived at the British Colonial around 11:40 for our 12:00 appointment.

• Like 3

Re: flying in the same day as the cruise. You can get cancelled the day day before and still be shut out on getting there if there aren't seats or out a lot of money if you have to buy a last minute flight. I think the most important factor is booking the earliest flight out in the morning. I recently took the first flight to Nassau out of EWR on cruise day and all went well. Our bad weather tends to happen as heat builds up later in the day. Early morning flights generally run, barring major snowstorms. Making connections is a different story.

• Like 1

Thanks for info.  Glad you and your family we able to be part of the "Royal Comeback."  Great memories that will last a lifetime.  We are on the July 10th sailing.

28 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Early morning flights generally run, barring major snowstorms. Making connections is a different story.

First flights of the day , the planes are normally in the right place ready to go. At least this works at airports with a night jet ban like Heathrow. The planes would come in the night before and be sitting ready to go first thing 

• Like 2

Rccl Fan,  I liked the photo of Freedom approaching the dock at Coco Cay, while Adventure was there.   At the time of the photo, we were on our balcony  wondering why Freedom was there.

Then we saw the crew member  wheeled out on a gurney.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Rccl Fan,  I liked the photo of Freedom approaching the dock at Coco Cay, while Adventure was there.   At the time of the photo, we were on our balcony  wondering why Freedom was there.

Then we saw the crew member  wheeled out on a gurney.

What happened to the crew member?

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I don't know what this means.

I’m not sure, but I’m guessing it has something to do with one journalist to another, but I could be totally off.

• Like 2