WARNING...........if you have a B2B2B booked..........new Celebrity "restrictions"...........

cruise wizard

Ahoy mates...........we just received bad news from the Guest Services Manager............we cannot stay on the Edge for next week. Celebrity in Miami said no more than 2 consecutive cruises (B2B)...........vaccinated or not.............no exceptions!!!!!!! Also heard from the Future Cruise group that NO B2B's for unvaccinated passengers and a max of B2B for vaccinated passengers. We did have to have an antigen test last week from our 6/26 cruise to board on this 7/3 cruise...........so we were "safe".

The GSM said that he wasn't sure if it is all RCCL brands but the memo came from RCCL Miami. He said that he received the memo last night and tried to get a reprieve since we have been on the ship for 2 weeks. Others are getting the same bad news and most of them are families (kids and relatives) and most with flights. 

Nice to learn about this after paying for all 3 cruises and been on board for 2 weeks. What a kick in the head!!!!! Pretty poor Corporate communications if you ask me - find out with 2 days left on this cruise that sorry - you have to go home!!!!!

SO..............if you are in this B2B2B mess - you may want to contact your TA or Celebrity soon and get clarification.

6 minutes ago, 39august said:

So, what compensation are you receiving, please? Surely a full refund. And what about those folks with air fare? 

I just know of our circumstances.............offered a 100% refund............or re-book another cruise in 2021 + a $100 OBC.............no mention from Miami on a 125% FCC. Luckily we can drive home - so no airfare questions.

• Like 2

So will I see you on the 7/17 sailing?
Just to spite Celebrity😉 and say Thanks for the Laundry Break, you can't get rid of us!???????? LOL😁

Good that you do not have to deal with flights. I am glad they are going to give your money back and some other options.

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I just know of our circumstances.............offered a 100% refund............or re-book another cruise in 2021 + a $100 OBC.............no mention from Miami on a 125% FCC. Luckily we can drive home - so no airfare questions.

It is terrible that this is happening to you without a good explanation.

Of course they are offering a 100% cash refund, I would hope it is a legal requirement.

Celebrity has had your money since you made the final payment.  IMO this is not an acceptable compensation.  They should refund you the cash and give you an Equivalent amount of FCC.  Thus a free cruise at a future date.

Actually I am very surprised that Celebrity has not given you a more generous compensation.  I predict that your offer will be improved.  I suggest that you do not sign anything until you are satisfied with their compensation.    Treat it like a move over offer negotiation.  

Good Luck.

• Like 1

Welcome to the world of Cruising Confusion..............the Captain, GSM and others are in a meeting with Miami management to discuss the B2B2B debacle.............stay tuned as I believe that there will be "new orders for the day" coming. I feel like I am in the middle of a dream - hoping for a happier ending!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm very sorry this is happening to you.   And I hope Celebrity gives you and everyone else affected an explanation as to the reason for this.

Imho, if they really do kick you off, a full refund of the third cruise is the bare minimum that Celebrity should be providing -- certainly for folks already on board the first or second cruises. 

Hoping for a happier ending as well!

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

Welcome to the world of Cruising Confusion..............the Captain, GSM and others are in a meeting with Miami management to discuss the B2B2B debacle.............stay tuned as I believe that there will be "new orders for the day" coming. I feel like I am in the middle of a dream - hoping for a happier ending!!!!

Hoping for you to get good news, They should at least make special concessions for those already sailing. Thank you again for taking the time to answer our questions the last few weeks!

6 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Ahoy mates...........we just received bad news from the Guest Services Manager............we cannot stay on the Edge for next week. Celebrity in Miami said no more than 2 consecutive cruises (B2B)...........vaccinated or not.............no exceptions!!!!!!!

Other than that, how did you like the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

Anyway, glad to see in your later post that all has worked out for you and Mary.

See you in a few weeks...So Allure-ing!

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

We just received great news - Celebrity is allowing us to stay onboard - we have a meeting on Friday at 9:30AM and will get more details!!!!! I have lots of questions and will post what we learn.

Excellent.  I’m glad it has worked out for you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Too bad management didn't hold meetings before announcing the now reversed decision. In any event, great to hear that your b2b2b is back on! 

4 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

We just received great news - Celebrity is allowing us to stay onboard - we have a meeting on Friday at 9:30AM and will get more details!!!!! I have lots of questions and will post what we learn.

I hope those others that had to change air arrangements didn’t spend the day fretting about it only to have Celebrity change their mind again. Please keep us posted.

6 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I'm wondering if the recent ruling by the federal judge in Florida that the CDC can't dictate how the cruise lines operate had an impact on this decision?  It could certainly explain the sudden change in their decision making.

30 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

I'm wondering if the recent ruling by the federal judge in Florida that the CDC can't dictate how the cruise lines operate had an impact on this decision?  It could certainly explain the sudden change in their decision making.

I don't think anything changes vis a vis the case until next week or so.  The CDC has another week or so to respond.  At least I think that's the case.  I could be wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

I don't think anything changes vis a vis the case until next week or so.  The CDC has another week or so to respond.  At least I think that's the case.  I could be wrong.

Abbydancer,  the judge denied their stay, and said they had over reached their authority.  That was just yesterday.  CDC no longer has authority over the cruise lines as of July 18 I believe.

https://www.cruisehive.com/judge-quickly-dismisses-cdcs-appeal-on-conditional-sailing-order-injunction/52995

27 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

Abbydancer,  the judge denied their stay, and said they had over reached their authority.  That was just yesterday.  CDC no longer has authority over the cruise lines as of July 18 I believe.

https://www.cruisehive.com/judge-quickly-dismisses-cdcs-appeal-on-conditional-sailing-order-injunction/52995

I just reread the article on Cruise critic, and the CSO expires July 18 in Florida.  

19 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

I just reread the article on Cruise critic, and the CSO expires July 18 in Florida.  

But that goes back to my original question on whether this decision by the judge affected Celebrity's  reversal on their B2B2B decision.

34 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

But that goes back to my original question on whether this decision by the judge affected Celebrity's  reversal on their B2B2B decision.

How would, it, since nothing changes for another 10 days?  I guess that was my point - for this week, no, but going forward?  Probably. Although, my interpretation is that the CDC could come back with something Florida could live with ....

Edited by abbydancer