Mixed Vaccines

MaddyandMax

19 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Thank you for that information. I just saw Walmart does cheap tests so I'm good.

I went into Walmart and the one I went to seemed quite organized.   That one only accepted reservations 6 days in advance.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tert333 said:

I went into Walmart and the one I went to seemed quite organized.   That one only accepted reservations 6 days in advance.

Can I ask how you reserved online?

I found a list of Walmarts near me but can't see where you book online.

Thank you 🙂

2 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Can I ask how you reserved online?

I found a list of Walmarts near me but can't see where you book online.

Thank you 🙂

The link posted says you have to call (for now, online may be coming eventually)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

That is a great price.  We paid $60 each in August times six people to get tests done at the Pearson airport before boarding our flight (the $40 ones would have been conducted too early to count for us to board the ship back then).

Was your experience good getting tested at Pearson airport?  We are traveling to Fort Lauderdale two days before the Cruise, If I get tested the day before it will be expired on cruise day, so I'm thinking the best route would be to test day of flight at Pearson.  The price at Pearson sucks, especially with Walmart pricing now at $20.  We could try to get tested at CVS or Walgreens when we arrive but that is just another extra headache.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, christinand said:

Some countries ask for fda or who approved vaccines. Does this mean mixed vaccines are fda approved?

Do you know what countries specifically require FDA approved vaccines instead of CDC accepted vaccines? Or could you provide a link? 

3 minutes ago, christinand said:

Sorry i remembered - its trinidad and tobago.

Are there any cruises that are going there?

I know that most cruise lines are changing their itineraries to make sure that their passengers are able to disembark without any issues. They have removed ports where there are too many restrictions.

• Like 1

Everyone is talking about the availability and cost of testing but is no one worried about the result. What if you test positive?  Forget the medical implications, just consider the finances. Is Air Canada going to refund your ticket? I don't think so unless the issue blows up into a PR thing. And even worse what happens if you are stuck in the US under quarantine? Imagine being a long hauler in a foreign country. Probably not a serious case for the vaccinated but a serious blow to your bank account and travels all the same. I will be waiting, maybe in vain,  for the testing requirements to be dropped, I think the US will drop theirs first. 

Yes i looked at a royal caribbean cruise who goes there. Looks like antigua and st. Lucia accept mixed vaccines. Dominican republic has no vaccine requirements that i could see. St. Maartens doesn’t accept mixed vaccines. I thought barbados does but i can’t find it. 

21 minutes ago, christinand said:

Sorry i remembered - its trinidad and tobago.

According to the government website, they accept WHO-approved vaccines (and mixes). There's no mention of the FDA:

What vaccines will Trinidad and Tobago recognize as acceptable for incoming travelers?

Only World Health Organisation (WHO-approved vaccines (and combinations of vaccines) will be accepted. 

https://www.visittobago.gov.tt/covid-19-what-you-need-know

That should mean that Canadians should be OK, but it would be wise to verify if you have mixed vaccinations.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

Everyone is talking about the availability and cost of testing but is no one worried about the result. What if you test positive?  Forget the medical implications, just consider the finances. Is Air Canada going to refund your ticket? I don't think so unless the issue blows up into a PR thing. And even worse what happens if you are stuck in the US under quarantine? Imagine being a long hauler in a foreign country. Probably not a serious case for the vaccinated but a serious blow to your bank account and travels all the same. I will be waiting, maybe in vain,  for the testing requirements to be dropped, I think the US will drop theirs first. 

I know a person who tested positive on their return PCR test while in the U.S. They simply went to another test facility and got another test done. They actually got two extra tests done just in case one didn't come back in time for his flight home. He got the negative result 45 minutes before his flight and off he went back to Toronto.

The back-up plan was to fly internally to Buffalo and walk across one of the bridges back to Canada. The Canadian border Services cannot refuse a Canadian even with a positive test result. He would have had to quarantine buy at least it would be here. 

One caveat, if you test positive by a lab at a U.S. airport, apparently you go on a U.S. no fly list for two weeks. After finding this out he didn't get a third test done at the airport the morning of his flight back because it would have screwed up his plan B. 

All three for his non airport tests were free. The airport rapid PCR test was going to be $250 USD.

17 hours ago, paf225 said:

Much better then the prices here in B.C.  In Kelowna at least it includes free parking at YLW!  There doesn't appear to be any option for testing at SDM, Costco or Walmart here in B.C.  I find Pandemic price gouging to be deplorable.  Regards,  Paul

Healthy travel at YLW | Kelowna International Airport

COVID-19 testing

Whitecap RSCopen_in_new now provides on-site, asymptomatic COVID-19 testing at YLW for departing passengers who require a negative test prior to international travel. This testing is by appointment only.

Cost: The PCR test is offered at $240 with results available within 24 and 48 hours.  Rapid antigen test is offered at $120 with test results available within 30 minutes.

Location: The facility is located at the south end of the Air Terminal Building. Parking is available at the location free of charge while testing occurs.

Hours: Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Yuck! We are now officially going to Disneyland in November (next cruise is booked for July 2022) and getting a rapid antigen test done at Bon Voyage Medical clinic for $110/person which is still too much but better than $240!!! And they guarantee results back by 11pm the same day. They also have a location near YVR. Any chance you can drive down from Kelowna and fly out of YVR instead?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fouremco said:

According to the government website, they accept WHO-approved vaccines (and mixes). There's no mention of the FDA:

What vaccines will Trinidad and Tobago recognize as acceptable for incoming travelers?

Only World Health Organisation (WHO-approved vaccines (and combinations of vaccines) will be accepted. 

https://www.visittobago.gov.tt/covid-19-what-you-need-know

That should mean that Canadians should be OK, but it would be wise to verify if you have mixed vaccinations.

Thanks, i could have sworn i read just this morning it could be fda approved and i guess that was wrong. St. Maarten is a bigger concern as many cruises go there. No one answered my question though if mixed vaccines are fda approved now or just cdic approved.

17 minutes ago, christinand said:

Thanks, i could have sworn i read just this morning it could be fda approved and i guess that was wrong. St. Maarten is a bigger concern as many cruises go there. No one answered my question though if mixed vaccines are fda approved now or just cdic approved.

FDA only approves individual vaccinations submitted to it by the manufacturers, while the CDC makes recommendations for use, individually or in mixed doses, for vaccinations approved for use by the FDA or by the WHO. 

3 hours ago, christinand said:

Mixed vaccinations are accepted as valid. That does not mean they have been approved for use in the US. The same as two dose AZ are accepted as valid but not approved for use.

To answer the question, the FDA has not approved AZ for use. Nor has it approved, at this time, mixing vaccines. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, paf225 said:

Much better then the prices here in B.C.  In Kelowna at least it includes free parking at YLW!  There doesn't appear to be any option for testing at SDM, Costco or Walmart here in B.C.  I find Pandemic price gouging to be deplorable.  Regards,  Paul

Healthy travel at YLW | Kelowna International Airport

COVID-19 testing

Whitecap RSCopen_in_new now provides on-site, asymptomatic COVID-19 testing at YLW for departing passengers who require a negative test prior to international travel. This testing is by appointment only.

Cost: The PCR test is offered at $240 with results available within 24 and 48 hours.  Rapid antigen test is offered at $120 with test results available within 30 minutes.

Location: The facility is located at the south end of the Air Terminal Building. Parking is available at the location free of charge while testing occurs.

Hours: Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

I've already booked my antigen test at YLW ready for my Feb cruise on carnival Magic. What a huge difference in price between us and the US! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, armwinder said:

We are flying out of YVR  on December 16th down to LA for a cruise on the Bliss.  The Okanagan testing clinic in Penticton are asking $150 + GST for the antigen test. 

There is a place at YVR that is $130, they say results in 5 minutes. Hate paying so much knowing its $20 in Alberta and Ontario.