Is it time to buy Carnival stock?

Purvis1231

Well, I certainly hope I don't look back at this point and wonder if it was a time I should have SOLD !!

Sitting tight, and probably should throw in some more $ - but I still see turbulent waters ahead (I'm not a financial advisor though, lol)

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, cmukid87 said:

I've got a buy order in for $22.  We'll see if or when.

Lol it hit 22.02 today, didnt quite break below 22.

Some hope for $20 .. $22 might look good in a year, but like tom says cruises have turbulent waters. I would be a buyer at 20.01 .. here it's a hard call, agree with tom. Going to take years to turn a profit.

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

Make note of the price action since Christine Duffy's infamous comments that Carnival will require mandatory vaccination on June 4, 2021.

Whenever this mandatory vaccination course is reversed will be the day the bottom is reached.  Until then, all I can hear is Cramer's "Don't Buy!" button...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Purvis1231 said:

Is anyone buying Carnival stock right now? I wish I had bought more when it was low last year but I didn't so I am thinking about buying some now. 

Yes it is. Right now it is low. So is Royals. Royals usually climbs faster then carnivals. I have both.

• Thanks 2

Newbie here, I have thought about buying enough stock to get the share holders credit when we cruise, but never have.  It has crossed my mind more and more with stock prices low (I know should have done it last year).

Question please:

1.  It is 100 shares you have to hold correct?

2.  How much "OBC" do you get when you cruise?

3.  Is there an inexpensive way for someone that doesn't buy stocks to buy just this somewhere?  I have seen commercials for places like robinhood and things like that.

Any advice is appreciated.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Newbie here, I have thought about buying enough stock to get the share holders credit when we cruise, but never have.  It has crossed my mind more and more with stock prices low (I know should have done it last year).

Question please:

3.  Is there an inexpensive way for someone that doesn't buy stocks to buy just this somewhere?  I have seen commercials for places like robinhood and things like that.

100 shares is what you need.

$100 OBC

I use TD Ameritrade

• Like 1

Just now, canes20 said:

100 shares is what you need.

$100 OBC

I use TD Ameritrade

Thank you!  Appreciate it.  Will be discussing with hubby.

1 Final question, how do you "get" the credit.  What do you submit to show proof, and where do you/how do you submit it.

1 minute ago, wemjam said:

1 Final question, how do you "get" the credit.  What do you submit to show proof, and where do you/how do you submit it.

I send copy of statement with few things blacked out to my PVP, who is very good, and he takes care of it. There is a form that most send in to a certain department. I am sure you will get that info here shortly.

2 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Once you have your 100 shares or more. You get that in an email from your broker or on line trading where ever you will buy the stock. You will send a copy of that proof of ownership to Carnival. They have a form or you can just send all the information to them. Name address. Booking number, Ship sail date. They will send you back an email confirmation and add the OBC to your cruise. You can GOOGLE Carnival Share Holders OBC request form. You can also send it to them via fax.

• Like 1

Thanks!  appreciate it guys.  Will be having this conversation over dinner tonight for sure.

I like the PVP route too.  Our guys is GREAT so I am hoping that will be the easy way to go.

1 minute ago, wemjam said:

Thanks!  appreciate it guys.  Will be having this conversation over dinner tonight for sure.

I like the PVP route too.  Our guys is GREAT so I am hoping that will be the easy way to go.

My pvp who was there a long time and taught newbie pvps would never do the stock, said she wasnt supposed to. So if your pvp says no, it's because it's against policy, you are supposed to submit it yourself for privacy sake. 

$50 short cruises. $100 7 days and $250 for 14 and more .. if I remember.

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

My pvp who was there a long time and taught newbie pvps would never do the stock, said she wasnt supposed to. So if your pvp says no, it's because it's against policy, you are supposed to submit it yourself for privacy sake. 

I think I just got lucky with my PVP doing it for me. He always takes really good care of us.

26 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

Make note of the price action since Christine Duffy's infamous comments that Carnival will require mandatory vaccination on June 4, 2021.

Whenever this mandatory vaccination course is reversed will be the day the bottom is reached.  Until then, all I can hear is Cramer's "Don't Buy!" button...

I don't understand this line of thinking. Theoretically, I do, more passengers equals more profit but based on what we know right now and what is happening all over the world, it's quite literally the opposite. That is the day the stock will tank because sensible investors know the bottom can fall out at any time. It may even now with current protocols in place the way things are going. Cruising with confidence isn't the same as investing with confidence. I'll take a vaccinated cruise with confidence but investing, with the way things are going and the disinformation, evokes trepidation, not confidence. Cruising is still tenuous at best. I'm just hoping for continuity at this point.       

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Remember not just for Carnival cruises either. It includes the Princess and others that carnival owns. With princess, If you are a veteran or active duty you get the same amount. So it is double on the OBC. Nice!

28 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Question please:

For 100 share you get $50 for a five day cruise and $100 for a 7 day cruise. As for buying stock, there are many ways. We buy it through our insurance agent but this varies from state to state. 

2 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Theoretically, I do, more passengers equals more profit but based on what we know right now and what is happening all over the world, it's quite literally the opposite. That is the day the stock will tank because sensible investors know the bottom can fall out at any time. It may even now with current protocols in place the way things are going. Cruising with confidence isn't the same as investing with confidence. I'll take a vaccinated cruise with confidence but investing, with the way things are going and the disinformation, evokes trepidation, not confidence. Cruising is still tenuous at best. I'm just hoping for continuity at this point.       

"more passengers equals more profit" - this is the money line.

Go back into analyst reports from pre pandemic years.  Number of passengers x profit per passenger.  Everything a cruiseline does in their eyes must either:  increase number of passengers or increase how much money they make off of each one.

This "speculation" about getting "re-shutdown" is just that:  speculation.  We heard the same stories when those first ships sailed in Europe.  We heard this story when Texas re-opened without masks in March.  Each time, the predictions NEVER come to pass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Carnival stock has dipped... not because of COVID, nor because of poor bookings...  in fact, bookings are strong.

It has taken a dip because Carnival has announced they plan to have another round of stock offings to raise operating capital... they spent tons of money in the last 18 months with zero revenue.

It's a good time to buy... will it dip lower ?  Perhaps, can't predict.   But right now is a good buy

Edited by Barsnikel
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

"more passengers equals more profit" - this is the money line.

Go back into analyst reports from pre pandemic years.  Number of passengers x profit per passenger.  Everything a cruiseline does in their eyes must either:  increase number of passengers or increase how much money they make off of each one.

This "speculation" about getting "re-shutdown" is just that:  speculation.  We heard the same stories when those first ships sailed in Europe.  We heard this story when Texas re-opened without masks in March.  Each time, the predictions NEVER come to pass.

You seem really confidant. If you (or anyone else) really believe that then you should go whole hog on the stock. It's a sure bet. Good luck!  

**Europe is one of the reasons I lack confidence. You should see what's going on over there.  

Edited by cruisingguy007

45 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

You seem really confidant. If you (or anyone else) really believe that then you should go whole hog on the stock. It's a sure bet. Good luck!  

**Europe is one of the reasons I lack confidence. You should see what's going on over there.  

As I said, I'll be a buyer when the vax mandate is lifted.   A company that excludes ~50% of their potential customers is not a good place to be.

I have been paying attention to Europe, the MOST vaxxed large nation there, UK, has the largest current outbreak of that continent.  But the ships are still sailing.  7-day cruises simply are NOT long enough to seed an outbreak on a ship.

Meanwhile, longer "sailings", like this fully-vaxxed aircraft carrier have huge outbreaks:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57830617

100 out of 700 fully vaxxed crew is infected.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

As I said, I'll be a buyer when the vax mandate is lifted.   A company that excludes ~50% of their potential customers is not a good place to be.

I have been paying attention to Europe, the MOST vaxxed large nation there, UK, has the largest current outbreak of that continent.  But the ships are still sailing.  7-day cruises simply are NOT long enough to seed an outbreak on a ship.

Meanwhile, longer "sailings", like this fully-vaxxed aircraft carrier have huge outbreaks:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57830617

100 out of 700 fully vaxxed crew is infected.

You can downplay it all you want and pretend the vaccines don't help by pointing out breakthrough cases. The data proves otherwise with hospitalizations and deaths being nearly all unvaccinated and needless in nature. Ignoring covid won't change the outcomes, restrictions, and rules that are happening. Vaccine defiance may even seem fun and liberating to many. The problem is, simply ignoring it and moving on, while numbers climb, won't be a rational solution to much of the world and/or much of even our country.

Some states will truck on defiantly no matter what, just as some countries have, and let the chips fall where they may. Many will cheer and celebrate it actually. Letting it rip will never be mainstream though. Truth be told though, once vaccines are available for the younger kids and boosters for those who want, I'm all for it. I say let it rip, remove all restrictions, mandates and give people the freedom they truly want. I've about had my fill of the horses that don't want to drink. That time is not now though.      

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 3