specialty restaurant reservations

rln44

5 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

At midnight EST on the date your category opens

And what I found is that you can't already be signed on ahead of time. Oh, and living on the West Coast it was just 9PM, another advantage 🙂

Just now, clo said:

And what I found is that you can't already be signed on ahead of time. Oh, and living on the West Coast it was just 9PM, another advantage 🙂

What do you mean signed on ahead of time? In the dining section and ready to start clicking? 

click to “manage this booking”

scroll down a little and the second tab is “dining”

click on that and “specialty restaurants “ is on the left side.

This should get you started.

4 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

click to “manage this booking”

scroll down a little and the second tab is “dining”

click on that and “specialty restaurants “ is on the left side.

This should get you started.

I guess what he’s saying is you have to wait to log in until after the stated time? Did you find that? 

2 hours ago, jeno said:

I guess what he’s saying is you have to wait to log in until after the stated time? Did you find that? 

I sign on at midnight   if you sign on before that  you may not be able to book the reservation  but a quick sign out & back in worked

sometimes a refresh worked  but not always

JME

• Like 1

We are new to Oceania. Today is the day that reservations opened up for our upcoming cruise. We're booked in just a regular verandah cabin so I understand that there are lots of people ahead of us. I forgot all about it last night so didn't get on the computer until 9 this morning. Other than for one restaurant, there were no reservations available before 8pm any night and most only had 8:30 - 9 pm left. Not the end of the world, but not our ideal time to eat. I was just wondering if the times can ever be adjusted once you get on board. Is that even a possibility? Thanks for your help.

44 minutes ago, lorimay said:

We are new to Oceania. Today is the day that reservations opened up for our upcoming cruise. We're booked in just a regular verandah cabin so I understand that there are lots of people ahead of us. I forgot all about it last night so didn't get on the computer until 9 this morning. Other than for one restaurant, there were no reservations available before 8pm any night and most only had 8:30 - 9 pm left. Not the end of the world, but not our ideal time to eat. I was just wondering if the times can ever be adjusted once you get on board. Is that even a possibility? Thanks for your help.

Just keep  checking  for other times

Once onboard go to the reservations deck  & ask  if there are earlier times open

Sharing tables have more options usually

Enjoy

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, lorimay said:

48 minutes ago, Roccaforte said:

I’ve had that happen.  Very disappointing.  Did you try sharing a table?  We were  able to get a reservation when we offered to share.  Turned out to be a great evening.   Good luck!

Sharing tables should get you lots of options.  There are limited tables for two in the specialties.  However,  things can be booked, changed while on board the ship. 

• Like 2

LoriMay,

You didn’t say if you booked through a TA or directly with Oceania.  Whatever you did, contact them first thing Monday and ask for assistance with your reservations. Some reservations are held back and many times Sharing presents options. If nothing can be done now, your first stop when you get aboard is the Premium Dinner reservation podium which is usually set up in the entrance of the Terrace Cafe.  You could even try the Concierge Desk to see if they can help you. 
Enjoy, 

Mauibabes 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lorimay said:

Probably can be adjusted once on board...and there may be other evenings available if you check daily. And as others have said, offer to share a table which would certainly get you an earlier time on your preferred days. 

Enjoy your first Oceania experience!

6 hours ago, lorimay said:

Lorimay,

are you active on your rollcall? Perhaps you have made a connection with some cruisers on your itinerary. Perhaps you can find a couple to add you to their reservation. Just a thought.

Only those that have recently sailed can answer the question. With the limited number of early cruisers, we don’t know if every venue is open every night. Some of the lines have announced they will not be. 

With the limited number of passengers we don’t know if the ships are running full capacity with help. 800 crew for < 400 passengers is not a doable solution.

I believe that past experience may mean little in the short run. Once aboard talk to the staff at the Specialty reservation desk.

• Like 2

Checked the O FAQ page to see how many dining reservations per Speciality restaurant (by category and duration) is permitted however, the new Vista ship is not included to date.  Does anyone have insight or, if you have booked Vista, what does it state on your booking reservation? 

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477713-When-can-I-make-reservations-in-the-specialty-restaurant-

26 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

Checked the O FAQ page to see how many dining reservations per Speciality restaurant (by category and duration) is permitted however, the new Vista ship is not included to date.  Does anyone have insight or, if you have booked Vista, what does it state on your booking reservation? 

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477713-When-can-I-make-reservations-in-the-specialty-restaurant-

Why would you believe that Vista is different from the other ships? The same protocols apply. Vista is just another ship in the fleet, albeit new.

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Why would you believe that Vista is different from the other ships? The same protocols apply. Vista is just another ship in the fleet, albeit new.

Our understanding is that Ember will be open for lunch and dinner with reservations required only for dinner. This is different from other ships e.g., speciality that it is open for Lunch.  Therefore, we assume lunch will not be counted as one of the permitted Specialities?

The Specialty restaurants opened up for us today...I was on at midnite (after a few glasses of wine) and was able to secure 7 of the 8 reservations we were allowed, with our traveling partners....not sure why it would not allow me to book the 8th-it said "invited guests had reached the limit for this restaurant", which was incorrect.  I have an email to my O agent to try and sort it out.

Now I'm waiting for the date when check- in is available.  The site said 21 days prior...

28 minutes ago, nikless said:

The Specialty restaurants opened up for us today...I was on at midnite (after a few glasses of wine) and was able to secure 7 of the 8 reservations we were allowed, with our traveling partners....not sure why it would not allow me to book the 8th-it said "invited guests had reached the limit for this restaurant", which was incorrect.  I have an email to my O agent to try and sort it out.

Now I'm waiting for the date when check- in is available.  The site said 21 days prior...

Are they in the same category as you?  You may not have maxed out on reservations, but they may have, in which case you can't make a reservation exceeding their limit. 

14 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Are they in the same category as you?  You may not have maxed out on reservations, but they may have, in which case you can't make a reservation exceeding their limit. 

Yes, same category.  We were allowed 2 reservations per restaurant for the cruise (22 days- 8 total reservations).  Was able to book 7 reservations with them as an invited party.  It would not let me book the Polo for a second time on any date.  I had them try making the reservation with us as invitees, but they got same message.  And we both show "1 of 2" reservations made for Polo, so we haven't maxed out.

There was plenty of availability at the restaurant.

Whatever...hopefully the agent can fix it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nikless said:

We had same issue - then I tried making sure each restaurant had 1 reservation in the 1st leg (nights of Nov 9 - Nov 18) and the other reservation in the second leg - did get all 8 booked for us. Might work for you? Or maybe it was a system glitch - many things are possible 🙂

44 minutes ago, babysteps said:

We had same issue - then I tried making sure each restaurant had 1 reservation in the 1st leg (nights of Nov 9 - Nov 18) and the other reservation in the second leg - did get all 8 booked for us. Might work for you? Or maybe it was a system glitch - many things are possible 🙂

Thats the answer!  By booking a restaurant on the 19th, you couldn't book it again as it apparently counts as both legs.  I moved them around and was able to get all 8, with 4 on each leg.  Thanks!!!

• Like 1