John H announced masks and Mandatory testing,

kdr69

Not at all surprised by this. FYI, we had to have a test to go to Hawaii in April. I made appt thru Walgreens a couple days in advance. Drove thru for testing, got results emailed in about 1.5 hours. No charge, didn’t even ask for insurance info. Hawaii had mask mandate indoors, no big deal. I was just thrilled to be able to travel again. Not sure where we will be in March when we cruise, my guess with so many people refusing to vaccinate the same place we are right now, but I plan to have a great time. 

• Like 1

I left a message for my PVP who called me back within an hour.  I was able to cancel my 9/9 cruise for a full refund.  My 22 year old son who really wanted to go on this cruise said he no longer wants to go if he has to wear masks.  My PVP did confirm that masks are going to be required in all indoor areas so we are going to take a pass and maybe go another time.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, melaniesmom said:

I have found the same as you about Walgreens here in Colorado. CVS does not offer testing in Colorado. I am nervous about getting a PCR test on a Friday and getting the results in time to sail on Monday. We sail on the 16th. How do we get in touch with someone at carnival who can actually answer our questions?

We cruise at the end of September on a Saturday and have appointments with Kaiser for PCR testing on Wednesday. I found a couple of CVS locations not too far from our pre-cruise hotel. I am considering making appointments there for antigen testing, just in case.

1 hour ago, Applealex said:

Officially John Heald said that you can't cancel without penalty, the email said nothing about cancelling.

In practice, I'm reading numerous stories about people getting full refunds when calling, even if they're within the penalty period. Carnival would be foolish not to give full refunds given such a dramatic change.

I'm getting a full refund for my 9/9 cruise.

2 minutes ago, snowballs mom said:

We cruise at the end of September on a Saturday and have appointments with Kaiser for PCR testing on Wednesday. I found a couple of CVS locations not too far from our pre-cruise hotel. I am considering making appointments there for antigen testing, just in case.

Please check the posts above this, it looks like for a sat departure you need to test thurs, fri or sat. 
I don’t know if that is right or not but don’t want you to not be good to cruise just in case. 

9 minutes ago, frito58 said:

Plus they just sent this to someone on our cruise for the 14th basically have 2 days to get a test they count the day of sailing. Which is stupid that makes it 48 hrs to get tested . Typical right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing. 

12F37EEA-7664-4E68-BE71-9490149C8B80.jpeg

Ohhh lordy...this complicates things

Just canceled our 9/26 sailing on the Pride.  Fully vaccinated and will not wear a mask on a cruise.  It only took us about 45 minutes to get through and move the money from that cruise to pay off our January 2022 cruise on the Magic and we submitted for our Cheers to be refunded.  We have the Liberty booked the week before the Magic.  

We will keep those 2 booked for now and hope that the mask mandate will be lifted by the time they sail.  If not, we’ll move those out further also.  Can’t do the masks onboard.  To each his/her own.

Happy cruising all!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, luc122 said:

Please check the posts above this, it looks like for a sat departure you need to test thurs, fri or sat. 
I don’t know if that is right or not but don’t want you to not be good to cruise just in case. 

Yes, I was typing as that was posted. I have seen in both ways. Luckily I have a lot of time to figure it out. 

6 minutes ago, beloum said:

Am I the only one who has a problem with all these cruise passengers getting "free" tests?     Nothing is free.  Some one will have to pay for these tests.    Whether it be the insurance companies, or more likely the government, which would fall on taxpayers.   Not really comfortable with footing the bill for hundreds of thousands of people to get tested so they can go on vacation.  

I have a problem with the tax breaks for the wealthy. Nothing is free. Cancel those and it will pay for all the tests and also make a profit for the treasury.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, frito58 said:

Plus they just sent this to someone on our cruise for the 14th basically have 2 days to get a test they count the day of sailing. Which is stupid that makes it 48 hrs to get tested . Typical right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing. 

12F37EEA-7664-4E68-BE71-9490149C8B80.jpeg

Was this sent from Carnival?? This needs to be verified, IMO.  Who is this "someone" and who are "they" that sent it? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, frito58 said:

What I find sad an basically unacceptable to this ridiculous change is they have not sent out an email or nothing it’s just like oh everyone follows his  highness or is on cruise critic or keeps up with all the latest info. What happens to a new cruiser or someone that basically just doesn’t understand how all of this stuff works , I have been on 30 something cruises and know to check and re check but I can see someone walk in and be like oh crap and they are SOL . Carnival will be like oh sorry well bye. 

I received an email about the changes at 11:44 am today.  Others have posted it on this thread

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

I have typed and deleted so many things I know I can't utter on here for this reply... Suffice it to say, I am not happy. I *AM* happy -- extremely happy -- that we just got off Breeze on Monday after a wonderful, NORMAL cruise. It felt beyond good to rip those masks off our faces the moment we stepped onboard, and keep them off until it was time to disembark. 

As I've been saying for a long time, Carnival should have been sailing at 100% vaccinated -- there was zero need for them to pander to those with kids under 12 or anyone else. They could have easily filled the ships with vaccinated people until such time when it is much SAFER for those with kids to cruise. If the ship was 100% vaccinated, crew, guests, and everyone, none of this would be happening. Can we still get and transmit covid as vaccinated people? Of course, we all know that we can -- but who cares? It might show up as the sniffles at worst, but we know with near-certainty that we're not going to get seriously ill or anything even approaching that. The science has shown that. 

Now I have to figure out what to do about our October cruise, because there's no way we're cruising with masks required everywhere.. but like so many others, this cruise was a *great* deal that we're very likely not going to be able to replicate, and we've already made final payment. Thanks for screwing everything up for everyone, unvaxxed people. 🤬

I thought about you and Ray when the word hit earlier today and I was so jealous that you got to have one normal cruise before this happened. I'm going to tough it out and go in October since it's been over two years for me. This is why I get a balcony. I'll load up my Kindle with new books and just relax. I'll venture out to eat and blow all my OBC on big ticket items in the Fun Shops and that's about it. 

39 minutes ago, frito58 said:

What I find sad an basically unacceptable to this ridiculous change is they have not sent out an email or nothing it’s just like oh everyone follows his  highness or is on cruise critic or keeps up with all the latest info. What happens to a new cruiser or someone that basically just doesn’t understand how all of this stuff works , I have been on 30 something cruises and know to check and re check but I can see someone walk in and be like oh crap and they are SOL . Carnival will be like oh sorry well bye. 

I got two emails

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Welp welcome to our world now. I sail royal … You guys had to know this was coming? Cant really be a surprise. 

Royal doesn't require vaccinations do they? That's the difference. If you're vaccinated and test negative you shouldn't have to wear a mask on a ship with other vaccinated people. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BrotherCraig said:

CVS.  We have been a few times for antigen.  Results in 20 minutes via text.  You go in, you swab yourself, and wait in the car for the text.  A document stating your status is sent to you and that is it.  You can sign up on CVS website.  Easy to do and it has been free.

If we use CVS, should there be any concern that it says "Not accepted for all purposes"? Wonder what they are referring to?

I had a COVID test last year, but it was through the Health Department. I've never gotten one for travel before.

CVS Image.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mandar13077 said:

If we use CVS, should there be any concern that it says "Not accepted for all purposes"? Wonder what they are referring to?

I had a COVID test last year, but it was through the Health Department. I've never gotten one for travel before.

CVS Image.JPG

They are just saying to make sure that the antigen test fulfills the requirements for which you need the test. And in this case it does.

Edited by ScottsSweetie
  • Like 1

Not sure where the timeline for testing chart came from but this is directly from the cdc website. Assuming Carnival uses same guidelines...

The 3-day period is the 3 days before the flight’s departure. The Order uses a 3-day timeframe instead of 72 hours to provide more flexibility to the traveler. By using a 3-day window, test validity does not depend on the time of the flight or the time of day that the test was administered.

For example, if a passenger’s flight is at 1pm on a Friday, the passenger could board with a negative test that was taken any time on the prior Tuesday or after.

• Like 2