John H announced masks and Mandatory testing,

kdr69

1 minute ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Hoping someone will report back here after talking to Carnival or PVP re: FCC or moving cruise with no penalty.

On hold now... 30 minutes and counting.

I understand terms and conditions and expecting them to tell me penalties apply.

However, Carnival changed the terms and conditions.  When I purchased the cruise, I accepted their terms and conditions.  I did not buy a cruise with these new conditions.  I fully respect they have the authority to change the conditions.  But they are not for me.  Let alone... to even go on the cruise now I have to pay for a test?  No, that's not fair.  (I know most will lie and get their tests free but travel testing is generally not free.)  Again - this is a new term or condition.  So they can make these changes but we are entitled to a penalty-free refund because they changed the game.

• Like 9

I'm on the Mardi Gras right now and there is no way I would get on here with a mask required indoors at all times. 

It's a vaccinated cruise. Why would we wear a mask around? 

Edited by jperry2011
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Any suggestions where to go? Ugh

CVS.  We have been a few times for antigen.  Results in 20 minutes via text.  You go in, you swab yourself, and wait in the car for the text.  A document stating your status is sent to you and that is it.  You can sign up on CVS website.  Easy to do and it has been free.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BrotherCraig said:

CVS.  We have been a few times for antigen.  Results in 20 minutes via text.  You go in, you swab yourself, and wait in the car for the text.  A document stating your status is sent to you and that is it.  You can sign up on CVS website.  Easy to do and it has been free.

Going to call my local CVS

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Albums in the Attic said:

On hold now... 30 minutes and counting.

I understand terms and conditions and expecting them to tell me penalties apply.

However, Carnival changed the terms and conditions.  When I purchased the cruise, I accepted their terms and conditions.  I did not buy a cruise with these new conditions.  I fully respect they have the authority to change the conditions.  But they are not for me.  Let alone... to even go on the cruise now I have to pay for a test?  No, that's not fair.  (I know most will lie and get their tests free but travel testing is generally not free.)  Again - this is a new term or condition.  So they can make these changes but we are entitled to a penalty-free refund because they changed the game.

Well i wish you luck but it is in your cruise contract they have the right to change things

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

People commenting on JH's announcement that if cruisers don't want to wear a mask, then fine - just cancel and don't go.

They don't seem to understand that if Carnival can't sail at a particular percentage of occupancy then they won't sail. They've already severely limited families with young children. Now they are reducing their pool of available cruisers again. I believe there is some pent up demand for cruising right now, and I know that there are die hard cruisers who will go whatever the policies are - but can they go enough to keep Carnival (and the other lines) afloat??

This is exactly what i was wondering!

And I just now got a sales email from Carnival...

"It's finally time to get back to fun with your friends and family. And the best way to do that is on a vaccinated Carnival cruise. Limited availability for vaccinated guests on sailings through October 31, 2021."

They should have fine print below that that says, "...except you'll be treated exactly as if you were unvaccinated..."

• Like 23
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

This is conflicting info IMHO.  First they say "strongly encourage", then they say everyone age 2 and older "will be required to wear face masks......." at basically all indoor areas.  They should just say:  ALL passengers, regardless of age, are required to wear a mask in all indoor areas on the ship except for your personal cabin.  We'll be cancelling.  I'm not  hanging out by the pool 24/7 just so I don't have to wear a mask.  And getting tested before we drive 8 hours will be hard.  Lines are already long here. May as well cancel our DEC cruise, too.  It will be the same.  And now why even bother with the 95/5 policy.  I just don't appreciate all of these changes so close to a sail date for us.  SO frustrated with this whole mess!  Sorry - I just need to vent.  

Not quite.  "ALL passengers, regardless of age, are required to wear a mask in all indoor areas on the ship except for your personal cabin." would not be accurate for all scenarios (e.g., eating, drinking).

• Like 1

I will be sailing in October fingers crossed this all settles down by than. I still cancelled all my excursions for the ports so it’s going to be a Mardi Gras only cruise. This will be a first for me. 
It’s too bad they don’t let the people who have been vaccinated and had COVID get a pass on the mask. Just saying….

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Well i wish you luck but it is in your cruise contract they have the right to change things

The contract does not give them the right to require me to pay out of pocket for testing.  Change of itinerary?  Sure.  Other changes... yes.   And I do not blame Carnival.  This was almost unavoidable.  But what they sold me is NOT what they are delivering.  Let alone... the cost they are putting on us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Albums in the Attic said:

to even go on the cruise now I have to pay for a test?  No, that's not fair.  (I know most will lie and get their tests free but travel testing is generally not free.) 

From the CVS website (And offering appointments for both antigen and PCR) concerning testing COVID-19 testing is performed at no cost to you. Health insurance companies are required to cover 100% of the cost. If you have insurance, we will ask for those details. If not, we may ask for your Social Security number or driver's license/state ID in order to bill the federal program for the uninsured. In either case, you will owe nothing out of pocket.

I do not disagree you should be allowed to change/refund since they have changed the rules; however testing is free. Just need to make an appointment

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Carnival is no more responsible for the pandemic than they are for the weather. Carnival isn't spreading the virus. Certain laws prevent them from requiring 100% vaccinated cruises. Carnival didn't write the laws. The pandemic isn't going away, it is getting worse. Nobody should be surprised that cruise lines react.

The terms and conditions state they can be changed at any time. It is to be expected booking during a pandemic.

Even if Carnival didn't require testing and masks, I would expect many ports to change their rules.

• Like 7

Just now, Albums in the Attic said:

The contract does not give them the right to require me to pay out of pocket for testing.  Change of itinerary?  Sure.  Other changes... yes.   And I do not blame Carnival.  This was almost unavoidable.  But what they sold me is NOT what they are delivering.  Let alone... the cost they are putting on us.

cvs and walgreens will not charge you for the test. Check it out on cvs.com.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Albums in the Attic said:

I have never been charged for a Covid test, CVS does them free and so does a local minute clinic 

• Like 1

I recommend CVS too.  We had to do this for our Hawaii trip in April.  My family went to our local Kaiser Permanente clinic (where we usually go for healthcare) and it took about 24 hours to get the results.  My sister went to CVS and had results in a few hours.

Just now, JMG1973 said:

From the CVS website (And offering appointments for both antigen and PCR) concerning testing COVID-19 testing is performed at no cost to you. Health insurance companies are required to cover 100% of the cost. If you have insurance, we will ask for those details. If not, we may ask for your Social Security number or driver's license/state ID in order to bill the federal program for the uninsured. In either case, you will owe nothing out of pocket.

I do not disagree you should be allowed to change/refund since they have changed the rules; however testing is free. Just need to make an appointment

I can promise you... your health insurance is NOT required to cover testing for travel.  I know this with 100% certainly.  That is why I mentioned the need to lie.  And I'm not even saying you need to lie.  But to be covered by insurance, it needs to be a symptomatic test, exposed test, etc.  Travel testing is most certainly not covered.  Now... do you tell a CVS the purpose of the test?  Does CVS even ask?  I'm sure most could slip through the cracks.  But as someone pointed out... the ethics are very murky.

• Like 1