Oasis simulation 8/22/21

2 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

While you were at Playmakers, did you notice if they allowed anyone to sit at the bar?

They had all of the barstools blocked at playmakers. I don’t think I have see any bars with seats available. 
Beth

10 minutes ago, Baowen said:

Departure timing for tomorrow. The first slot is at 8:45.  That’s really late in my experience. 

Oasis Test Cruise Departure tine Aug 28, 2021.pdf 868.18 kB · 3 downloads

Agreed.  We checked GPS and we aren't that far out.  But according to the noon announcement today, the pilot boards at 6:00am, we go under the bridge at 7:00am, and dock at 8:00am.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:03 PM, EllieinNJ said:

Same for us on the 10/17 cruise.  It was on the planner previously but I waited to see what times the shows were on the test cruise and now it's gone.

Just checked and it is there today.   Go to 'plan my cruise' and choose dining/beverage.  Click on Solarium Bistro and add to cart.  Then you choose day and time you want to dine.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:11 PM, Baowen said:

Departure timing for tomorrow. The first slot is at 8:45.  That’s really late in my experience. 

Oasis Test Cruise Departure tine Aug 28, 2021.pdf 868.18 kB · 43 downloads

so which ship did you like better Ovation or Oasis???  I have done both class ships before.

I am doing Ovation on 10th of Sept and Oasis on 17th October.  

Also how safe did you feel flying across country in a plane.  

For anyone who did the Oasis Test Cruise. Was it obvious that there were anyone from the CDC on board? And, with your return has anyone who's booked on the September 5th sailing been given any notification that the Oasis got the Ok to take on paying passengers in a little over a week.

12 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

For anyone who did the Oasis Test Cruise. Was it obvious that there were anyone from the CDC on board? And, with your return has anyone who's booked on the September 5th sailing been given any notification that the Oasis got the Ok to take on paying passengers in a little over a week.

My husband and I are on the Sept. 5 sailing and we definitely haven't heard that it WON'T be sailing. And considering the message that just went out from Michael Bayley included a sentence that said Oasis would be sailing on Sept. 5, then I am assuming that we are a go!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Oasis received CDC certification on September 30th.  They can now start taking our money again.  We will be making our contribution on 9/16.

14 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

There were quite a few “Suits” out and about but not in an obvious way.

3 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Oasis received CDC certification on September 30th.  They can now start taking our money again.  We will be making our contribution on 9/16.

Where did you find this info? According to the CDC site, we are still waiting for approval: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

8 minutes ago, livinginyellow said:

Where did you find this info? According to the CDC site, we are still waiting for approval: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

Bayley said it in his latest email that came today. Every ship that has gone through a test cruise has passed.

1 hour ago, livinginyellow said:

Orange means it was in test mode, when passengers are allowed on 9/5 it will go to yellow for observation mode.  Someday hopefully soon all ships will go green. Most green now are for crew only.

12 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Orange means it was in test mode, when passengers are allowed on 9/5 it will go to yellow for observation mode.  Someday hopefully soon all ships will go green. Most green now are for crew only.

That's not how the cdc site explains the color coding system.     There are several ships in "green" that have just crew only onboard.     Orange, yellow and red pertains to how many covid cases of crew and passengers exist is what I read.   If a ship turns Red that is bad!    We don't ever want to see that.

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's not how the cdc site explains the color coding system.     There are several ships in "green" that have just crew only onboard.     Orange, yellow and red pertains to how many covid cases of crew and passengers exist is what I read.   If a ship turns Red that is bad!    We don't ever want to see that.

It still says simulated, which is what scares me! I am sailing this weekend on oasis, so here's to hoping it changes soon.

40 minutes ago, livinginyellow said:

It still says simulated, which is what scares me! I am sailing this weekend on oasis, so here's to hoping it changes soon.

the cdc website has had the reporting of Oasis wrong for months now.    No worries.    your sailing should be just fine 🤩

Edited by Sunshine3601

15 hours ago, livinginyellow said:

Oasis' status has been Simulated for well over a month - the info on the CDC site is not always accurate.

23 hours ago, livinginyellow said:

My husband and I are on the Sept. 5 sailing and we definitely haven't heard that it WON'T be sailing. And considering the message that just went out from Michael Bayley included a sentence that said Oasis would be sailing on Sept. 5, then I am assuming that we are a go!

Someone just started a topic that he heard that the Sept. 5 sail was being  cancelled.  Any iota of truth?

Just got my C test and I would be annoyed.

oasis Sept 5th Cancelled? - Royal Caribbean International - Cruise Critic Community