Crown And Anchor drink vouchers

3 hours ago, catmandu73 said:

So how are the gratuities/service charges/etc  handled with the free drink vouchers?  If there is a cap of $13 does that need to include your service charge, etc. or you are out money on your sea pass card for those extras?  i'm sure if you got a coffee or a bottle of water this would not be an issue but for drinks approaching $13 anyway just curious.  Thanks.

Cathy Berg

No receipt to sign so, we assume, no gratuity.  At least not one that appears on final cruise statement.  Swipes show with $0.00 when viewing account online.  We tend to tip $1.00 for each drink which I recognize is not 18%.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, catmandu73 said:

So how are the gratuities/service charges/etc  handled with the free drink vouchers?  If there is a cap of $13 does that need to include your service charge, etc. or you are out money on your sea pass card for those extras?  i'm sure if you got a coffee or a bottle of water this would not be an issue but for drinks approaching $13 anyway just curious.  Thanks.

Cathy Berg

You may get a voucher to sign. Add a dollar or two

24 minutes ago, catmandu73 said:

thanks for your response.  i was just concerned they would automatically assess an 18% gratuity if you hit your $13 limit per swipe.

all these new processes to learn before hopefully boarding for September 12 cruise.

Someone reported early that on a drink over $13 they paid the difference, but then saw a gratuity added for the entire cost of drink.

3 hours ago, Tatka said:

I wonder if Pina Colada, Margarita, Blue Hawaii are under $13? Where can I see a menu?

Thank you!

All those are under (or at) the limits

i think people make too much of a big deal about the cost limit. Pre Covid, I always got the deluxe package, with the exception of some wines and higher end bourbons or scotch, I NEVER ordered a drink that was not covered. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can someone please help. I am turning diamond on my feb cruise. I am going on a cruise 2 weeks after I get back in March. I know I get the 4 drinks on my March cruise. Question, my 22 year old son will be diamond after the March cruise. When I turn diamond in feb can I have him turn diamond too?  He lives at my address?

2 minutes ago, renza said:

Can someone please help. I am turning diamond on my feb cruise. I am going on a cruise 2 weeks after I get back in March. I know I get the 4 drinks on my March cruise. Question, my 22 year old son will be diamond after the March cruise. When I turn diamond in feb can I have him turn diamond too?  He lives at my address?

Shared status stopped when he turned 18

2 minutes ago, renza said:

Yet your husband matches you?

Totally different scenario unfortunately. 

Plus match for children stops at D+. Husband and Wife matches to Pinnacle 

Plus you really don't need to be married anyway. Significant Other seems to be the magic designation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tatka said:

I wonder if Pina Colada, Margarita, Blue Hawaii are under $13? Where can I see a menu?

Thank you!

Royal App...bar menus with prices.

Can't wait to try drinks we've never heard of...early in the day.😇

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 4:04 PM, ILCTCRUISER said:

Have 5 as a D+.  Just returned this Friday from Ovation 7N to Alaska.  Only one day did I have 5.  Your choice of drink w/$13 cap.  DW probably had 3-4 drinks max.  Prefer this program to DL HH chaos w/cheap wine etc.  I'll have a SoCo manhattan.  Couldn't get that in DL.  Well...at least not under typical conditions.

@ILCTCRUISER - out of pure curiosity:  Did you find SoCo on every ship?

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Totally different scenario unfortunately. 

Plus match for children stops at D+. Husband and Wife matches to Pinnacle 

Plus you really don't need to be married anyway. Significant Other seems to be the magic designation.

Thank you

I was on Anthem recently, when I was in the solarium I asked someone what their drink was and they answered Pina Coloda, but that was not actually on the drinks menu. Is it Ok then to ask for a drink not on the menu?

• Like 1