Bliss 2023 cruises canceled 02/25/2023 - 08/13/2023

Cruslvr81

• Cruslvr81 changed the title to Bliss 2023 cruises canceled 02/25/2023 - 08/13/2023
35 minutes ago, hallux said:

That's around the 5-year mark for the ship, I wonder if they got the drydock time scheduled and this repositions the ship for that.

The dry dock was just completed so they won’t need the repositioning cruises. The Barcelona transatlantics were cancelled as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oregonian123 said:

Hi, I looked for a paragraph at the top of the NCL.com page to see the cancellations in total. I could not find it. It used to show on the top. Has it been moved somewhere else? 

The notice at the top of the website was related to COVID-19 blanket cancellations and some more recent ones that had a fairly short time before sailing, I believe. These are more the standard "we're shuffling the fleet" cancellations. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

The dry dock was just completed so they won’t need the repositioning cruises. The Barcelona transatlantics were cancelled as well.

I'm curious WHAT exactly was done.  The ship is hardly 3 years old, I can't imagine NCL spending the money for that drydock before it was actually needed especially with the lack of cash flow over the last 18 months.  The ship was also only in the dock for a couple days, can the required work be completed in that amount of time @chengkp75?

54 minutes ago, hallux said:

I'm curious WHAT exactly was done.  The ship is hardly 3 years old, I can't imagine NCL spending the money for that drydock before it was actually needed especially with the lack of cash flow over the last 18 months.  The ship was also only in the dock for a couple days, can the required work be completed in that amount of time @chengkp75?

I am really curious what they could do in that time frame.

NCL sent a second mail a second mail a few hours later with following added at end of email which suggesting they switching Bliss and Joy around.

We invite you to select another sailing for your upcoming vacation. Many of these impacted itineraries will now be offered on Norwegian Joy and will be available to book as of September 30, 2021. To re-book, please contact us on the below contact information. For any guests booked outside of these countries, requiring a local number please visit www.ncl.com for contact details when handling your reservation or speak with your travel professional.

Edited by nagguks
  • Like 1

UGH - after so many cancellations I booked July 2023 on Bliss for what I believed would be a SURE THING! Now this is cancelled, too. The killer for me is that I got a crazy deal on a Haven courtyard, and no matter what ship/itinerary replaces is, I'm not going to get that pricing again....sigh. I think I may have to just resign myself to booking last minute to avoid disappointment.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

Sun maybe Europe? Spirit already offers the longer Alaska roundtrips, so NCL would have two ships doing more or less the same itineraries.

The Spirit is scheduled to Alaska in 2022 and Sun was to fill her role for Summer 2023. Spirit currently has no deployment for Summer 2023. I’m thinking she will be replacing the Sun and the Sun will sail elsewhere. 

22 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

What month was your Alaska Joy cruise?   

I wonder which ships will be in Alaska for the 2023 season.

May 2023. see below from email

As a result of ship redeployment, all sailings on Norwegian Joy from February 19, 2023 through and including October 14, 2023 have been canceled. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The Spirit is scheduled to Alaska in 2022 and Sun was to fill her role for Summer 2023. Spirit currently has no deployment for Summer 2023. I’m thinking she will be replacing the Sun and the Sun will sail elsewhere. 

I don't think Sun will come to Europe. Leonardo 2 is scheduled to be in Central Med in 2023. So it's +1 ship from the previous years.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

1 hour ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

I don't think Sun will come to Europe. Leonardo 2 is scheduled to be in Central Med in 2023. So it's +1 ship from the previous years.

It was rumored that Spirit would potentially sail in SE Asia/Japan or Aus/NZ in summer 2023, or even be an additional ship in Europe somewhere, so perhaps Sun will stay somewhere in the Pacific - who knows.  Prior to this round of cancellation announcements/redeployments for Bliss, Joy and Sun -  Spirit and Star were the only ships in the fleet that had no announced deployments beyond March 2023.