Dining room entertainment

crooooze

I'm indifferent.  The only thing that makes me care at all one way or the other is whether the dining room staff are enjoying it.  If they hate doing it, then I'd be happy to see it go.  Some of them really seem to enjoy it.  So if they are happy, I guess I'm happy.  

• Like 3

I hate it and wish it would go away. You notice that they don't do it at any of the alternative restaurants.

Additionally, service suffers right before, during, and right after the performance.  You need to allow an extra twenty minutes. 

• Like 2

I think it's fun.  It's something special you don't normally get in restaurants so it makes dinner  entertaining.  

The men and women work hard at the show too, so I hope those who don't like it at least don't put them down or show annoyance towards them.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

They didn't sing on the Panorama two weeks ago and the way I like it .I want quiet and I want photographers out of my face when we eat as well. 

They did it tonight on the Panorama.  A wonderful singer.  As others have said, it doesn’t ruin our experience at all.  If you want fine dining experience the steak house is available every night. 

• Like 2

It's pretty hokey, but I guess it helps to remind you that you are on vacation, because very few other restaurants would try it. I like the idea of dinner entertainment but I would probably prefer a close up magician walking from table to table, or a comedian/emcee telling jokes, or live jazz or piano standards, or at least singit some songs other than YMCA or Sweet Caroline, which I've heard enough times for this lifetime. But it's carnival's signature thing, so whatever. I guess I'll hear them a few more times. It's not important enough to be a deal breaker.

They really should lose the sleeve ruffles though. Those look ridiculous.

Edited by zzdoug
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I happen to Really Enjoy It. I look forward to it when I'm eating in the Dinning Room, that's why I Sail on a  Funship! I get plenty of good pictures of the wait staff singing and dancing. I was just on the Horizon, and the first two nights of Dinner, we were Serenated by one of the waiters who have an Excellent Voice. I could have listened to him for a while. The other nights we had the dancing and singing.

It doesn't last that long so I don't see how it ruins people's dinner. 

I don't mind much for dinner.  It would be nice if not every waiter participated so that service could continue. 

I did not like it during breakfast.  We had to wait almost 20 minutes to order because the gentleman was singing so loud I couldn't hear my kids talking right next to me,  let alone hear the waiter. He sang 4 songs.   Then it took our waiter awhile to get through all the tables that were waiting to order. 

Edited by furf_n_slo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, furf_n_slo said:

I don't mind much for dinner.  It would be nice if not every waiter participated so that service could continue. 

I did not like it during breakfast.  We had to wait almost 20 minutes to order because the gentleman was singing so loud I couldn't hear my kids talking right next to me,  let alone hear the waiter. He sang 4 songs.   Then it took our waiter awhile to get through all the tables that were waiting to order. 

When it affects service and having a timely meal then it's not a positive. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CruiseesiurC said:

Does anyone know what days they typically do the dining room entertainment on a 7 day cruise?

If I remember correctly it was each night except the first night.

I'm quite sure if I'm wrong, it won't be long before I am corrected here 😁

I find it annoying when they do it during dinner.  Some people seem to enjoy it, but It would be much better if they did the show a half hour before anyone places a dinner order and a half hour after the last person in the dining room is finished eating. That way the show won’t impede dinner being served, and people eating dinner won’t disrupt the performance.

• Like 1