The Daily for Tuesday September 21, 2021

richwmn

18 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

The "Catch" being it is for the first 2 weeks of OCTOBER! The expected highs of 30'sF and lows of 20'sF, with rain and windy.  Good luck with the balcony.

Wow, I wouldn’t be using the balcony either. In fact, we didn’t use ours very often during our August 28th sailing due to the wind. DH used it more than me though. I’m not a fan of being cold. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Yesterday, on another thread, I commented regarding the Alaska cruise season being extended until the end of September.  As some of us know, the weather in Alaska for cruising becomes cold, windy and rainy as the calendar turns September.  This year, after a very late start in July, the Nieuw Amsterdam is extending the season to the end of September, a little risky.

Today, I got a promo for Royal Caribbean's Ovation and it seemed like a great deal:

7 day cruise in a balcony for $799,

beverage package and tips included!

The "Catch" being it is for the first 2 weeks of OCTOBER! The expected highs of 30'sF and lows of 20'sF, with rain and windy.  Good luck with the balcony.

I don't recall a regular cruise line ever running cruises into October, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Ugh.  We get enough of that here.  I don’t need to go to Alaska to get more 😉. I want what little warm weather we have left.  Those that are hot all year round can go - we in the frozen tundra (to steal Gerry’s expression) have enough as it is.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Howdy, everyone.   

I am home finally and glad to be here!   I can't wait to get back in the swing of the Daily.   

I am so tired, I am going to bed.  Probably right now.

Welcome home. 

• Like 6

Thanks for.all the Daily news, photos and humour.

We have been to Fremantle by ship, and stayed  in  Perth a few times, the photos bring back good memories thanks.

@cat shepard grest news that you have full movement of your knee.

@JazzyVthanks for sharing photos of your amazing cactus.....beautiful flower.

@dfishwelcome home.

We have a lovely sunny spring day, temperature 13 C.

This morning  there has been  a 5.8  earthquake in Melbourne Australia, which was felt as far away as Canberra and Sydney.   Photos show damage to some buildings and fallen debris.

Stay safe, Take care everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 8

7 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for.all the Daily news, photos and humour.

We have been to Fremantle by ship, and stayed  in  Perth a few times, the photos bring back good memories thanks.

@cat shepard grest news that you have full movement of your knee.

@JazzyVthanks for sharing photos of your amazing cactus.....beautiful flower.

@dfishwelcome home.

We have a lovely sunny spring day, temperature 13 C.

This morning  there has been  a 5.8  earthquake in Melbourne Australia, which was felt as far away as Canberra and Sydney.   Photos show damage to some buildings and fallen debris.

Stay safe, Take care everyone.

Thank you for the information.  Sad about Melbourne.   Wishing you more lovely spring days.

Roy

• Like 3

10 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Yesterday, on another thread, I commented regarding the Alaska cruise season being extended until the end of September.  As some of us know, the weather in Alaska for cruising becomes cold, windy and rainy as the calendar turns September.  This year, after a very late start in July, the Nieuw Amsterdam is extending the season to the end of September, a little risky.

Today, I got a promo for Royal Caribbean's Ovation and it seemed like a great deal:

7 day cruise in a balcony for $799,

beverage package and tips included!

I don't recall a regular cruise line ever running cruises into October, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Cold and rainy is pretty much the weather we had all last week in Alaska.  We didn't let it diminish our trip and we were prepared for it.  We did go out on the balcony at least once each day.  We didn't spend a lot of time out there, but we went out.  Once was to save the chair cushions from blowing away.

• Like 8