Nieuw Statendam

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage
Rotterdam Anchorage0921Alaska.thumb.png.1e6d0b889a66c1b3ac7f7934e8ee1f0b.png

0921NAmerica.thumb.png.c504b81552bc6c16129128d7cc36083c.png

0921Europe.thumb.png.cbf5bcdac88c18917950c6493c3fda17.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 7

Good morning from a rainy Southern Ontario.  Thank you for the Daily Report.

Interesting collection of days. Chinese Moon Festival sounds good.  We all need peace.  I haven't played miniature golf in ages, but it's too wet today.  

Intriguing quote.

The meal sounds interesting, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

Hope the drink and wine are good too.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 24

Thank you for the last Daily of Summer, Rich.  I'm not quite sure what Chinese Moon Festival is but it sounds interesting.  I love miniature golf but haven't played it in years.  A special salute to International Peace.  Nice Herrick quote.  I have very sad memories of Fremantle as it's the end of both the QM2 and Amsterdam World Cruises in 2020.  I like the dinner suggestion.  My alternative is the Empire Builder Chicken Entree served September 21, 2017 on the way from Chicago to Seattle and the Oosterdam (sorry, no photo),

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend undergoing chemo for stage four cancer but responding VERY well
StLouisSal’s friend
Lady Hudson’s BIL in rehab
Seasick Sailor fighting thrush
Sam in rehab an hour away from home
From the rotation:
NextOne DDIL with long haul Covid
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe

Celebrations and Shoutouts

2 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Safe travels Cruising-Along
HAL4NOW at sea
Overhead Fred at the Cottage and negative
NextOne helping with family move
lindaler visiting Alabama son
Icand9223 away on river cruise
Irishjim back home recovering
Bruno back home with a diagnosis and treatment plan
SusieKislandGirl in Colorado with grandsons
Congrats Justin Trudeau
Mamaofami good meeting with Sam’s care team
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 8

Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I haven't played miniature golf in some time. International peace should be our goal. I won't be having a family reunion today, but will make sure to look for the moon tonight.

It rained ALL day yesterday and most of the night. Not sure if it is has passed on or if we will get more today.

Off to drink more water while I get ready for lab work this morning.

Have a great day.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 23

Good afternoon it is 66°F and sunny today.

Thanks for today's daily reports Rich.

Thank you Roy for the care list's and celebrations.

Every day should be peace day.

Nice Chinese moon cake.

Miniature golf is good for beginners.

Lovely food and drink choice.

Interesting quote.

We have never been to Australia so looking forward to seeing photos.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham. 

Screenshot_20210921_114827.jpg

Screenshot_20210921_115110.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone from a cloudy, cool Boston.  I wonder if the Chinese Moon Festival celebrates tomorrow’s Full Hunter Moon?  No day is more important than International Peace Day. A round of miniature golf would be fun.  I can’t wrap my head around today’s quote this early.  The chicken dish sounds very nice.  Haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today.  Cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event.

• Like 22

Thank you for the daily report and care lists - thinking of everyone who needs a lift to get through the challenges life is throwing at you today.

Been a crazy busy past week so have some catching up to do...knowing that there is this very friendly spot to come to is a welcome.

Have a great day everyone...off to work, but will check in later.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

Red sky this morning and Flash Flood Watch is already in place for overnite tonight. Forecast is 2+ " of rain. Last heavy rain took out one of the two ways over the mountain we have. Closed the road for almost two weeks.

We have only visited three states in Australia but today's port reminds me of a joke I heard one time with Perth being the subject.

• Like 23

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich & a wonderful collection of days. In honor of the Chinese Moon festival , here is a pic of the sight that greeted Bindi and I when we left for our walk this morning.

E16B32E6-36AD-4351-A3F9-8F6A0DDC3F62.jpeg.34b6454db717d91d7e0603fcefb2b4ee.jpeg

It was downright cool this morning. A definite hint of Fall is in the air. Yesterday was a big day for me - I officially achieved full range of motion with my injured knee. So now I can focus on strength building exercises. 
And I am ready to go to some of my favorite gym classes. I need to make sure I can handle the speed of Zumba before going back to that one, though. 😎

The meal sounds good, and the drink sounds interesting. No clue what I will do for supper tonight. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Arboleda Carmenere - Chile

Though all released vintages of this wine share excellent ratings, I chose the 2018 vintage’s reviews because it might be the most readily available and it has slightly higher ratings than the others. Several online distributors with prices starting at $23.99.

Winemaker Notes

A fine and silky wine with great typicity. Year after year this Carmenere presents elegant tannins in perfect balance with its fresh acidity. Its classic black fruits and balsamic notes come from exceptional fruits of high concentration from Las Vertientes Vineyard, where they undergo a long, slow ripening process. This complex wine achieves its great structure, rounded character and depth during its aging in French oak barrels.

JS93 James Suckling: This is very discreet on the nose with currants, tobacco, and cloves to the blue fruit. Medium-bodied with a focused center palate. Supple and fresh at the end. Drink or hold. 
V90 Vinous: The 2018 Carménère comes from Hijuelas in the Aconcagua Valley and spent 14 months aging in French oak, 30% of it new. Garnet red in color. The nose offers notes of green and white pepper and blackberry. Juicy on the palate; the moderate tannins and low freshness make it a little indulgent, but the vegetable qualities remain without being too dry or overripe. Drinking window: 2021 - 2026

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Tuesday smile 🙂 

Good collection of days.  Peace is so needed every day and Chinese Moon Day is the second most important festival in Canada

I see people asking so here is a bit of information about it.:

The Mid-Autumn Festival is also called the Moon Festival or the Mooncake Festival. It traditionally falls on the 15th day of the eighth month of the Chinese lunar calendar, which is in September or early October on the Gregorian calendar.  Chinese people have a 3-day public holiday from September 19th to 21st.

A “mid-autumn festival” is also celebrated in many other Asian communities besides China. In China, it's a reunion time for families, just like Thanksgiving, while in Vietnam, it's more like a children's day. 

The Mid-Autumn Festival is the second most important festival in China after Chinese New Year. Chinese people celebrate it by gathering for dinners, worshiping the moon, lighting paper lanterns, eating mooncakes, etc.”

Love the Herrick quote and the meal suggestion for today sounds good.

Perth, Australia is fabulous and a great spot to visit.  We absolutely loved Australia and it’s wonderful people.

@JAM37good luck on your lab work today!

Looks like @NextOnefinally got her itinerary change notice from HAL.  An overnight at HMC?  Not my cup of tea at all 😔 

Looks like the election is mostly decided although they are still counting ballots.  Looks like my party didn’t get in.  This was my vote:

D392A25D-0AF6-4A7E-AFBE-0BB30EB7A196.thumb.jpeg.cf0a65f58137513a554a9c77750c57ec.jpeg

Since today’s wine is a red, I thought I would honour it:

C49A27B2-49E1-420B-9D4B-E50607D10813.jpeg.be92d1ed226ff68a6e0a5f01120c6bff.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!!!!

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Good morning.,  What a stormy night.  It rained heavy for most of the night.  We really do not need anymore rain.  Interesting group of days and quote.  The meal sounds wonderful.  Will check out the recipe.  Have not been to today's port, would love to visit Australia.

Prayers and toasts to our list and those who are not.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Porto Flip:

A Porto flip is a type of drink. It is typically made with brandy, ruby port, and one egg yolk. The Porto Flip was first recorded by Jerry Thomas in his 1862 book The Bartender’s Guide: How to Mix Drinks; A Bon Vivant’s Companion. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Port wine, Brandy
Ingredients: 1 1/3 oz (8 parts) Port, 1/2 oz (3 parts) Brandy, 1/3 oz (2 parts) Egg yolk
Preparation: Shake ingredients together in a mixer with ice. Strain into glass, garnish and serve.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Standard garnish: Grated nutmeg
Drinkware: Cocktail glass

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 7.55.15 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the last Daily of Summer, Rich.  I'm not quite sure what Chinese Moon Festival is but it sounds interesting.  I love miniature golf but haven't played it in years.  A special salute to International Peace.  Nice Herrick quote.  I have very sad memories of Fremantle as it's the end of both the QM2 and Amsterdam World Cruises in 2020.  I like the dinner suggestion.  My alternative is the Empire Builder Chicken Entree served September 21, 2017 on the way from Chicago to Seattle and the Oosterdam (sorry, no photo),

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend undergoing chemo for stage four cancer but responding VERY well
StLouisSal’s friend
Lady Hudson’s BIL in rehab
Seasick Sailor fighting thrush
Sam in rehab an hour away from home
From the rotation:
NextOne DDIL with long haul Covid
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe

Celebrations and Shoutouts

2 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Safe travels Cruising-Along
HAL4NOW at sea
Overhead Fred at the Cottage and negative
NextOne helping with family move
lindaler visiting Alabama son
Icand9223 away on river cruise
Irishjim back home recovering
Bruno back home with a diagnosis and treatment plan
SusieKislandGirl in Colorado with grandsons
Congrats Justin Trudeau
Mamaofami good meeting with Sam’s care team
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for both lists.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich & a wonderful collection of days. In honor of the Chinese Moon festival , here is a pic of the sight that greeted Bindi and I when we left for our walk this morning.

E16B32E6-36AD-4351-A3F9-8F6A0DDC3F62.jpeg.34b6454db717d91d7e0603fcefb2b4ee.jpeg

It was downright cool this morning. A definite hint of Fall is in the air. Yesterday was a big day for me - I officially achieved full range of motion with my injured knee. So now I can focus on strength building exercises. 
And I am ready to go to some of my favorite gym classes. I need to make sure I can handle the speed of Zumba before going back to that one, though. 😎

The meal sounds good, and the drink sounds interesting. No clue what I will do for supper tonight. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Arboleda Carmenere - Chile

Though all released vintages of this wine share excellent ratings, I chose the 2018 vintage’s reviews because it might be the most readily available and it has slightly higher ratings than the others. Several online distributors with prices starting at $23.99.

Winemaker Notes

A fine and silky wine with great typicity. Year after year this Carmenere presents elegant tannins in perfect balance with its fresh acidity. Its classic black fruits and balsamic notes come from exceptional fruits of high concentration from Las Vertientes Vineyard, where they undergo a long, slow ripening process. This complex wine achieves its great structure, rounded character and depth during its aging in French oak barrels.

JS93 James Suckling: This is very discreet on the nose with currants, tobacco, and cloves to the blue fruit. Medium-bodied with a focused center palate. Supple and fresh at the end. Drink or hold. 
V90 Vinous: The 2018 Carménère comes from Hijuelas in the Aconcagua Valley and spent 14 months aging in French oak, 30% of it new. Garnet red in color. The nose offers notes of green and white pepper and blackberry. Juicy on the palate; the moderate tannins and low freshness make it a little indulgent, but the vegetable qualities remain without being too dry or overripe. Drinking window: 2021 - 2026

That is fantastic news that you now have full range of movement for your injured knee.

Graham 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone!  It was very foggy early today.  Like others we have had so much rain lately.  I'm looking forward to seeing that shiny bright orb in the sky someday soon.

Thanks to @richwmnfor our Daily and to @rafinmdfor keeping our lists.  The Celebration list is longer than the Care list so that's always wonderful news.  Prayers for our friends and loved ones who need them and Cheers to those celebrating good news.  A nice thought in today's quote.  I support International Peace Day and enjoy miniature golf. 

The Chinese Moon Festival sounds familiar.  Quite a few years ago I was in Ann Arbor visiting my son and his family where we went to a friend's celebration and we walked around their neighborhood with our paper lanterns.  Those "kids" always have something going on to do.

The chicken dish today sounds good.  I'm not a fan of mixed drinks or red wine.

In October 2017 we did our Australia circumnavigation cruise on Sun Princess.  We docked in Fremantle which is the port for Perth.  We didn't travel into Perth that day so if I ever get back there I will make a point of doing that.  Instead we enjoyed the lovely and interesting city of Fremantle.  Time to collect some photos to show you.  I'm sure there are many who have been there so I'm looking forward to all those photos as well. 

• Like 21

Good morning  to all.Thanks for the Daily,our lists ,the quote and a mouth watering recipe.It looks like oven cleaning would be in my future after making it.

I salute the days. We have not been to the port.

@cat shepard ,that is great progress  with your knee!I also had a dark dog walk this morning  but the moon was beautiful  here as well.

@mamaofami,so glad the patient  care conference  went well.My husband spent considerable time in rehab as well and I was always relieved  to know he was cared for well.I am glad this facility  is an improvement 

Terry

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I officially achieved full range of motion with my injured knee. So now I can focus on strength building exercises. 

Excellent !  Well done 🤙  So very happy to hear it 🙂 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Arrival in sunny Fremantle, Oct. 19, 2017.  The city provides this novel gangway for the use of their cruise ship arrivals.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLoREO_cl5ZWI_CLOUktRP8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561080

We first passed by the Public Transport station.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJLWkI3SSIAQL7_vCHcOqPb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561104

followed by this lovely church.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIHSna2LWaXkxI_COEouWzJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561107

There was a charming downtown area with a Visitor Center along with lots of shops and coffee bars00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK8TZWTtxxs2qhqdqMdpWNB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561118

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLq342Nm3FlDvmtlHyo4UUI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561118

I always like to see the different styles of architecture in the places we visit.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvxEgCiwTSdEFAoX0_UEDc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561134

I noticed a pattern with all the multi-colored striped buildings00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCGLcPxBu-jFyptHELYSrT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561134

Next on our trek was the National and World Heritage Site called Fremantle Prison.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOlxWdGaJ93en0OwL0TjR1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513605516

We decided not to visit the prison (I'm not a fan of razor wire).00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJvVt69STkg7yvCgNSAUk_E?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561164

Walking back towards the marina area we saw that Fremantle has its own brewery.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKCpRXNhnNPSs-1phBOLtFL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561318

Then we saw these two fellows working along the docks.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJekGTiCvw2DODd4lgAnyU6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561324

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLEG5d3fPFwkSPXjXIjOuMl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561330

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJPQu-3zANMoM0QrtGmdgdG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1632227938

A spot for the beach lovers to work on their tans.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-QCcTrgN1y-hjfAuvcFd3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561353

Next was an interesting tunnel and viewing spot.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJUiqIIrNK2fHbaHpDoObnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561361

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL1lW-QEDjaYplI-sYudT53?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561355

We took the stairs to the top for a look-see.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKtI0NU7YDtz1AJi7coSnH7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513605521

This was the water side00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZSXvVr4Owgs84l0YR-qSn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561385

But look at the city side!  It's an art installation.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLa_SEh2tG4xA3dnt4pYZKe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561397

An explanation00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJi13sejI1lNS90qqHTEINv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561385

One of the painters at work.  I can't imagine how difficult it was to get every yellow stripe exactly right so it would look the way it did.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2zdgeuHF5ichu__6ucEMM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561396

A fun day in Fremantle!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5