Earliest time you can go to your cabin on embarkation day.

CeeJayPonz

36 minutes ago, CeeJayPonz said:

For those of us who carry our own bags onto the ship, what is the earliest time you are allowed to enter your cabin? I want to choose a check in time accordingly.

If you are not in a suite, then 1:30 PM. I believe John Heald indicated Diamond/Platinum could drop carry on baggage off but the cabin may not be ready.

• Like 1

We just returned from the Breeze this morning and were told 1:30, but the doors were open and rooms were ready by 1:15-ish (can't remember the exact time).   It was great cruising again and we thoroughly enjoyed our time.  So ready to go again!    

• Like 2

We’ve been on Mardi Gras and Panorama in the last few weeks and both times went straight to our rooms (before noon both times) and rooms were ready.  We didn’t realize that this wasn’t a platinum benefit right now (is it not??) but neither time we were told not to be there and one of the times our steward welcomed us and gave us his introduction.  

On 9/27/2021 at 6:31 PM, Elaine5715 said:

Unless you are in a suite, are Platinum or Diamond, you can go at 1:30 pm

So what time is it for suite passengers? I have the same dilemma. I don’t want to pick an early check in if I can’t take the kids and the luggage to the room. 

1 hour ago, kelkel2 said:

So what time is it for suite passengers? I have the same dilemma. I don’t want to pick an early check in if I can’t take the kids and the luggage to the room. 

I've splurged and gotten a suite twice.  One time my cabin was ready quite early and one time it wasn't.  I might be wrong but I don't recall ever seeing that suites are ready any sooner than other cabins (except of course for diamond, platinum, and fftf).

On 9/27/2021 at 4:25 PM, firefly333 said:

I was told 130. I went anyway because I wanted to buy those dining cards and my steward did give me the key but hadnt even gotten close to doing my cabin when I went down there. 

And I'm platinum. 

If you are Platinum or Diamond you can go to your cabin whenever you embark to drop off your carry on bags, but your cabin may not be ready yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

On our Sunrise cruise last week, Suite guestrooms were ready at 12:30.  It was 1:30 for everyone else. At check-in we asked about Platinum guests being able to drop off their luggage and then leaving.  The agent was really noncommittal about it.  We went ahead and dropped ours off since John Heald said that we could.  Our room was nowhere near ready then.

Having a tough time getting my wife to agree to a later boarding time.  We've never cruises without FTTF and she still wants to board first thing.  Id rather board later and just grab lunch while the rooms open.  I don't want to explorer lugging the carryons!

6 hours ago, boomhower said:

Having a tough time getting my wife to agree to a later boarding time.  We've never cruises without FTTF and she still wants to board first thing.  Id rather board later and just grab lunch while the rooms open.  I don't want to explorer lugging the carryons!

Your wife will not agree because you're the pack mule lugging the carry ons.  She probably has a kiss on the lips or miami vice in her hand while you're dragging the bags.

14 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

If you are Platinum or Diamond you can go to your cabin whenever you embark to drop off your carry on bags, but your cabin may not be ready yet.

My cabin wasnt even close to being ready. My steward was way down the hall working her way down one by one.

I wasnt going to go to my cabin, but I wanted to purchase the dinner things and those girls said they couldnt charge me without my card, that I needed to go get my room card, so I did leave my suitcase.

Tbh I wasnt that keen on leaving my suitcase in a cabin with the door propped open. Anyone could come by and take it. The stewards were in cabins cleaning where they wouldnt have seen someone pop into my cabin and grab my suitcase. 

I guess those who leave them outside their doors it's always a risk but I like mine locked up or where I can see it. I'm not as trusting.

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

My cabin wasnt even close to being ready. My steward was way down the hall working her way down one by one.

I wasnt going to go to my cabin, but I wanted to purchase the dinner things and those girls said they couldnt charge me without my card, that I needed to go get my room card, so I did leave my suitcase.

Tbh I wasnt that keen on leaving my suitcase in a cabin with the door propped open. Anyone could come by and take it. The stewards were in cabins cleaning where they wouldnt have seen someone pop into my cabin and grab my suitcase. 

I guess those who leave them outside their doors it's always a risk but I like mine locked up or where I can see it. I'm not as trusting.

I’m not that trusting either. It makes me nervous.. I don’t even like putting them out the night before. We’ve usually carried them off. This will be our first cruise with our kids, so I imagine we’ll have to leave them out. Hauling luggage out with 2 littles doesn’t sound fun. 

• Like 1

I was on the Breeze less than a month ago and our cabin was ready when we got on at 11am, but I did see signs on closed doors of some levels saying 1:30. My guess is with a half full ship, you have a pretty good chance of your room being ready a week before you get on board.