Yellow Fish blogs from the Emerald Princess October 15 to Oct 30

PescadoAmarillo

Hi everyone,

We’re ensconced in a room at the Crown Plaza LA Harbor Hotel the night before boarding the Emerald Princess tomorrow. I  just published the first blog post of this 16 day vacation, and hope you’ll cruise vicariously  with us. 

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2021/10/its-time-for-another-cruise.html

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Hi.  Almost forgot you were heading back to sea again.  Maybe you and G can make the rounds of all Princess ships sailing these days.  😉

Well, I guess it was sort of up in the air, but I had little doubt you guys would be on a ship before year-end.  Enjoy!  We have been on the Emerald a mere 10-nights I believe.  LOL.  (Read the blog and glad you got all the family time in). 

H & I can drive ourselves to FL for the Winter.  You may have heard the land border is opening soon (early Nov with exact date TBA).

Edited by Steelers36

Hi, I just departed LA on the Grand and we passed your lovely Emerald Princess waiting for you out in the water off shore.  The Grand is feeling pretty empty, it's eerie.  You and G have a great cruise. Can't wait to read the blog, thank you!

Edited by hpeabody
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Hi everyone,

We’re ensconced in a room at the Crown Plaza LA Harbor Hotel the night before boarding the Emerald Princess tomorrow. I  just published the first blog post of this 16 day vacation, and hope you’ll cruise vicariously  with us. 

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2021/10/its-time-for-another-cruise.html

I will definitely be cruising vicariously with you.  So excited to have a great read for  the next 16 days!!  I have my countdown going for Enchanted on Dec 30 - 76 days!  And already planning scenarios of when to leave, get tested etc.  A hassle but will be so worth it.   721 days since we we disembarked Feb 7, 2020 on Coral Princess in Santiago Chile after one of our most memorable cruises in So America and Antarctica.  Hoping our cruises in Feb, May and September will see somewhat relaxed protocols.

So many countries have now decided that zero Covid is not attainable and we will all have to learn to live with it like the seasonal flu season - vaccines to prevent serious illness, testing, therapeutic drugs, and common sense to keep ourselves healthy and safe.

• Like 1

Oh my goodness, the photo of you and your mom was beautiful. It really touched my heart. ❤️ Great to see pics of the boys too. 

CC has been giving me fits on my iPad for weeks. I can’t like any posts now I can’t post either.No problem when using my iPhone. Go figure!!

Enjoy your #150 cruise. 🥰

Cheers, Denise 

4 hours ago, gardenbunny said:

So many countries have now decided that zero Covid is not attainable and we will all have to learn to live with it like the seasonal flu season - vaccines to prevent serious illness, testing, therapeutic drugs, and common sense to keep ourselves healthy and safe.

More of this will be welcome in the coming weeks.

DH and I started cruising 3 years ago and came upon your Yellow Fish blog.  I started at the beginning and have been reading throughout COVID and thoroughly enjoyed.  Being a new cruiser, I have learned much and thank you!   Can't wait to follow along.  

Holy Toledo Batman.  It works!!   Thank you Denise!!  I wouldn’t have even tried again if I haven’t read your post. This is fantastic! 🤞🏼that it lasts. 

Thanks everyone, for your good wishes (and comments about Mom’s pic. Doesn’t she look amazing for 90?).  I will try to answer questions as I can. 

Yes, this cruise is fully masked and people are complying. It’s definitely sip and cover in the entertainment venues. I got up from my breakfast table and felt the breeze on my face as I started walking and immediately remembered my mask, but someone was already walking toward me to remind me. Good!  That’s just as it should be. I’ve said this many times, but, if mask wearing is a sticking point with you, then now is not the best time to cruise. 

Share is once again Sabatini’s. As it should be. 😉

Steve, we were to have been on the Regal Princess for 58 days from November to January. We booked it last year when we thought things would be back to normal by now. More recently, I was very much opposed to that many turnarounds on a ship, turnarounds in Florida in general (which we used to love), and a little peeved about Princess removing the loyalty OBC. Other options became more appealing. 

I’ll check back occasionally. Thanks so much for following. It’s hard to be motivated to blog in a vacuum!

• Like 7

I too am looking forward to your stories and comments! Nothing booked on Princess til March/23, but a tater in June /22 to Alaska on a rival line!  Loved your alaska comments earlier this fall.  There are lots of us lurking I am sure…thought I’d speak up to let you know the vacuums is well populated! 

Looking forward to reading all of this, as we are on her Nov 16.  I was kind of hoping that the masks wouldn't be that strict.  But, I won't let it ruin my cruise.  I will spend less time (and money) in areas that it is required and spend more time on my balcony and outdoors.  It will all be good.

20 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

I noticed on your blog you inquired about Generoso.  Is he still with Princess?  Do you know what ship he will be on?

Yes, he was offered the Emerald Princess but wanted a little more time at home. I’m not sure where he’ll be when he returns.