More Hawaiian Cruises Canceled

nocl

Just got notified that my March cruise to Hawaii on the Crown is canceled. The e-mail states that the restart of the Crown Princess and Island Princess is being delayed.  The Island will return on April 27 and the Crown on May 7.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, nocl said:

Just got notified that my March cruise to Hawaii on the Crown is canceled. The e-mail states that the restart of the Crown Princess and Island Princess is being delayed.  The Island will return on April 27 and the Crown on May 7.

Staffing issues I wonder?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Staffing issues I wonder?

Or it was easier to start with the ships not yet sailing.

Note that they are not suggesting the other Spring Hawaiian cruises

Edited by nocl

The ships have been sailing pretty empty. Maybe not worth sailing with few passengers . Eliminating

a couple of ships for a while may make sense.  Filling up the others and not competing with same itineraries seems logical.(The Grand on it's current voyage  has only 170 passengers).Ofcourse we don't know what Princess is thinking in their decision to cancel voyages.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

The ships have been sailing pretty empty. Maybe not worth sailing with few passengers . Eliminating

a couple of ships for a while may make sense.  Filling up the others and not competing with same itineraries seems logical.(The Grand on it's current voyage  has only 170 passengers).Ofcourse we don't know what Princess is thinking in their decision to cancel voyages.

The cruises to Mexico have been pretty sparse, the cruises to Hawaii were more heavily booked. If it was because of low bookings alone one would think that they would include the spring Hawaiian cruises on the Grand has one of the options for replacement cruises.

Edited by nocl

8 hours ago, nocl said:

If it was because of low bookings alone one would think that they would include the spring Hawaiian cruises on the Grand has one of the options for replacement cruises.

Yes I was also on the March 6 Crown Princess Hawaii cruise.  Why wouldn't Princess use the Grand Hawaii or the Ruby Hawaii cruises in spring of 2022 as the move over cruises.   I'm not waiting another year for a Hawaii cruise.   I would book the Grand or Ruby, Feb or March Hawaii cruise in a heart beat.  I just want to go on a cruise!

• Like 1

I was on March 21st Crown LA to Vancouver. It literally was only added a month or so ago. It would have been the first ship into Canadian waters since 2019 and I definitely had my doubts it would happen. Still disappointing. I'm so done with cancellation after cancellation. Interesting to note that there was no real compensation offered (replacement cruise with price protection, but the replacements were priced pretty much the same as the one booked for me / 100% FCC for amount paid - no bonus FCC / full refund). Since I didn't put any actual money out and used FCC from other cancellations, I will just let it sit on my account until I decide what (if anything) to book...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lindberg said:

Yes I was also on the March 6 Crown Princess Hawaii cruise.  Why wouldn't Princess use the Grand Hawaii or the Ruby Hawaii cruises in spring of 2022 as the move over cruises.   I'm not waiting another year for a Hawaii cruise.   I would book the Grand or Ruby, Feb or March Hawaii cruise in a heart beat.  I just want to go on a cruise!

Since the exact reason for not activating the Crown is unclear, not clear if it is worthwhile booking the Grand a few days later.  Ironically we originally had been scheduled on the Grand, but changed to the Crown a few weeks ago when the assignments came out for the entertainers.

10 hours ago, lindberg said:

We're on the March 27th cruise to Hawaii on the Ruby.  Looking at the website it doesn't seem like there are too many cabins left.  The highest category is oceanview and not too many of those so that may be why they don't show that as a move over.  I do hope you can get something book soon.

9 hours ago, nocl said:

Since the exact reason for not activating the Crown is unclear, not clear if it is worthwhile booking the Grand a few days later.  Ironically we originally had been scheduled on the Grand, but changed to the Crown a few weeks ago when the assignments came out for the entertainers.

We originally also booked on the Grand on the March 10 Hawaii cruise.  We had two cabins together.  Then Princess took our cabins for Covid isolation and "upgraded" us to cabins on two different floors, midship and aft.  This was unacceptable and we were told there weren't two cabins together in our cabin category so we jumped ship to the Crown, just two weeks ago.  And now they have cancelled.  I'm not very happy with Princess.  I do understand that it is unsustainable as a company, to run cruise ships that have very few passengers but I feel like they are taking advantage of me.  They should have offered more than a move over offer for 2023.   Like how about a move over offer in 2022.

On 11/23/2021 at 10:15 AM, Astro Flyer said:

We're on the Grand January 4. I wouldn't be surprised to find out the early sailings in January are cancelled. I hope not, but wouldn't be surprised, just disappointed. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nocl said:

Ironically we originally had been scheduled on the Grand, but changed to the Crown a few weeks ago when the assignments came out for the entertainers.

How does one obtain the scheduled assignments for entertainers?

Just now, Thrak said:

How does one obtain the scheduled assignments for entertainers?

It is a bit different for the Hawaiian cruises in that there are three sets of Hawaiian ambassadors that do the Uke and other Hawaiian activities.  When TikiDave let his face book followers know what cruises he was scheduled on when moved over to one of his cruises.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, lindberg said:

We were booked on the March 6 cruise also. I JUST made our final payment to the big box store, and two days later it gets canceled. I am beyond frustrated. We are done cruising until things return to normal.
And I agree, why didn't they move us over to Grand or Ruby? I feel like we got taken advantage of. Now they have our money and how long will it be until we get it back?

Edited by TriumphGuy
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, lindberg said:

If you had a club class mini or full suite on the Crown you will be not find them on the other ships. We gave up and decided to do some coastal cruises instead

On 11/23/2021 at 11:47 AM, Ellaleah said:

Any news on the Ruby?  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Are you talking about the December 7, 2021 Hawaii Cruise?  That’s was cancelled several months ago. The replacement cruise is November 27, 2022. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

29 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Are you talking about the December 7, 2021 Hawaii Cruise?  That’s was cancelled several months ago. The replacement cruise is November 27, 2022. 

Tom😀

Ruby has some Spring cruises out of SF.

I am sorry if this sounds mean, but I am glad the Crown was cancelled for March 6.  I didn’t think Princess had enough passengers to run two ships over to Hawaii, although the Grand only has insides and ocean view cabins left on 3/10.  

maybe, just maybe,…they will let ELUA take the Grand over.  Crossing my fingers…and hoping.  

We’re on the Grand currently Nov 20-28… yeah we have 170 passengers, there are changes they did to reduce the losses, no dinner in horizon , crown grill, and sabatni’s was closed for several days, the Michael Anglo dining room is closed too.   It’s strange being in a large ship with so few passengers..

but I wanted to state so far the Hawaiian cruises to is still on, they the crew are talking about it all the time.  If you review the booking for the Grand, you will see very few staterooms open for Hawaii and other Jan/Feb.

They are holding 20% of space back due to CDC requirements.

not sure why the crown was dropped, I’ll ask around tonight.

I can say it’s super positive atmosphere on board with the crew.  The cleaning is going on all the time, everyone is wearing masks, and greets are being highly respectful of distancing.

this is my second cruise on the grand in less than month… both cruises were fantastic but both were low passenger numbers.

Edited by DuaneO
  • Like 1