ms Rotterdam, ms Eurodam, and ms Noordam in Port Everglades December 22, 2021

Scrapnana

6 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Beautiful day for a Sail-Away! We have a cold front in Florida so cool for us.  Never have been on a Christmas or New Years cruise but have been aboard in December and enjoyed the decorations.

I am planning (if Covid co-operates) to be on a Christmas/New Year's cruise next year.  Hopefully I will be waving from Zuiderdam a year from today.🤞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Scrapnana said:

Beautiful day in FLL.  I would rather be there instead of Juneau

Alaska is beautiful in the Winter.  I celebrated Christmas with my family in Anchorage one year.  But, I didn't enjoy the temperature on Christmas Day:  -18 degrees with wind chill!

13 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Never have been on a Christmas or New Years cruise

Chief, you might want to consider one.  The Christmas activities are consistent from HAL ship to ship and are fun.  New Year's Eve activities are also consistent with the larger ships having more venues with different kinds of music.  New Year's Eve includes a glass of sparkling wine at Midnight (and depending on the ship, maybe more than one).  

25 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Beautiful day for a Sail-Away! We have a cold front in Florida so cool for us.  Never have been on a Christmas or New Years cruise but have been aboard in December and enjoyed the decorations.

Spent Christmas on Oosterdam with Capt. Draper some years back. (Aus/NZ)

10 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Alaska is beautiful in the Winter.  I celebrated Christmas with my family in Anchorage one year.  But, I didn't enjoy the temperature on Christmas Day:  -18 degrees with wind chill!

Chief, you might want to consider one.  The Christmas activities are consistent from HAL ship to ship and are fun.  New Year's Eve activities are also consistent with the larger ships having more venues with different kinds of music.  New Year's Eve includes a glass of sparkling wine at Midnight (and depending on the ship, maybe more than one).  

One of these days. Right now we are pretty well booked and now that we have booked a Azamara 155 day world cruise we have even cancelled a couple.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

One of these days. Right now we are pretty well booked and now that we have booked a Azamara 155 day world cruise we have even cancelled a couple.

When does that sail?  Is it a true circumnavigation of the globe?  

I’ll be at sail away in person on the Rotterdam!  We will probably be on our aft facing balcony deck 7 unless the sun is in our eyes. 

Bon Voyage to all on the Eurodam and Rotterdam!  ⛴⛴

It appears that my comment above didn’t post. We are actually not in our aft cabin but port side, I’m at a table on the deck above the Lido and Craig went to Deck 3. I like where I’m sitting because it has more coverage.  It’s windy. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I spent Christmas one year on the Zaandam in Beagle Channel, then New Year's Day in Antarctica. It was great.

Christmas and New Year's on the Zaandam in those waters was another very memorable cruise for me.  I am thankful I had the opportunity to do so!  

4 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I’ll be at sail away in person on the Rotterdam!  We will probably be on our aft facing balcony deck 7 unless the sun is in our eyes. 

Bon Voyage to all on the Eurodam and Rotterdam!  ⛴⛴

It appears that my comment above didn’t post. We are actually not in our aft cabin but port side, I’m at a table on the deck above the Lido and Craig went to Deck 3. I like where I’m sitting because it has more coverage.  It’s windy. 

It's windy all over Florida. Up in NC FL, the temperature hasn't been above 65 F for the last 3 days - including today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1