2022 Officers & Staff "Where are you now?"

casofilia

15 hours ago, casofilia said:

@lkjacobs

Thank you, I have never come across the availability of the "team" in the Atrium.   Interested to hear if that occurs in other cases.

This was suspended due to… you know what. It just resumed this morning. I would expect it’s similar on other NCL ships. 

@MrsTocko

The Jewel (We sail end of April)

I assume you are cruising on the 22nd April sailing.   How about joining the Jewel sailings of 29th March; 10th April and 17th April.  

Someone there will be able to give you absolutely accurate information after they sail.

Similarly for the Star sailings in June for yours in July.

UPDATES:

Encore:   Captain Niklas Persson is scheduled to return 72 February

Jewel:      Steven Jacobsen has just returned as General Manager

Mohammad Hasan is currently the Food and Beverage Director

13 hours ago, lkjacobs said:

This was suspended due to… you know what. It just resumed this morning. I would expect it’s similar on other NCL ships. 

On Joy last week, the full team held a presentation and question/answer period in the theater. In addition, most officers (except Captain Svedung) were visible and approachable daily throughout the ship. 

Does anyone remember Julie Valeriorte (sp?)?  She was the CD when I sailed Getaway/Breakaway, when they were new ships.  She was probably the best CD I ever experienced on any cruise ship, on any cruise line!

Anyone know if she's still with NCL?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Does anyone remember Julie Valeriorte (sp?)?  She was the CD when I sailed Getaway/Breakaway, when they were new ships.  She was probably the best CD I ever experienced on any cruise ship, on any cruise line!

Anyone know if she's still with NCL?

Yes, Part of Corporate now.  As ships come on line, she will be on board behind the scene getting everything to run smoothly.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2022 at 12:15 PM, www3traveler said:

Yes, Part of Corporate now.  As ships come on line, she will be on board behind the scene getting everything to run smoothly.

Good to see Julie moved up.  I thought it was evident she was destined for bigger things the couple of times she was the CD on my sailings.

• 2 weeks later...

As reported from a different thread this morning:

CURRENT OFFICERS  GETAWAY

Captain:    Luigi  De  Angelis

Staff Captain:   Luksa  Stanisic

Chief  Engineer:  Oeystein  Undrum

General Manager:   Mario  Markovic

Guest Services Manager:  Irma Reyes

Executive  Housekeeper:  Jose  Omer

On 2/20/2022 at 2:49 PM, www3traveler said:

UPDATES

Jewel:      Steven Jacobsen has just returned as General Manager

Mohammad Hasan is currently the Food and Beverage Director

So happy to hear this! I am booked on the April 17, 2022 cruise on the Jewel and I am more optimistic about actually sailing now that the general manager is onboard. I’ve sailed with Steven Jacobsen a number of times, including a fabulous transpacific in May 2019, and he is one of the best. It was on that cruise that Mohammad Hasan sat down at our table at dinner and had a long conversation with my father. They had sailed together before and had a great time catching up.

Thanks so much for your post!

Dawn in Feb’22

CD was Jodie

ACD Vo(?)

in The Cellars Ernest (on vacation early April then moving to Encore. I think)

Sipho was bar tender there also. 

I’ll have a look for the dailies see if the crew are listed there. 

Does anyone know where Vicky from Ukraine is? I haven’t seen her for a few years. She was part of the activities staff. I’m hoping she’s still on board & not back home.I don’t know any more about her except she was so much fun & so friendly! Of course, they all are! Thanks for any info you can give me, I’m sorry I don’t know anything more.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 1:28 AM, casofilia said:

@lkjacobs

Thank you, I have never come across the availability of the "team" in the Atrium.   Interested to hear if that occurs in other cases.

Listed in the Daily everyday on Breakaway last Sept. and again in Oct.  Usually about 3 senior officers mid morning right there in the atrium mingling with guests.  People easily approached them with questions & comments.  GM Errol Bailey was usually one of the officers.  Other times there'd be officers milling about but that was more random.  Very visible team.

Will be going on Gem so let's see if they do the same thing!

Happy sailing!  Glad NZ is opening up!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...