Luminae

Treacher1

From what I understand there are not seating times in Laminae - you just go when you are ready to dine?  Then someone mentioned they DO ask for reservations during covid?  What has been your experience if you sailed recently?

Thanks for any information - appreciate your time.

I sailed on Edge in September and on Summit in November.  I did not have to make a reservation for dinner in Luminae on either of the ships.  That said, things may have changed since November.  But that was my experience.  Hope this helps.

We were on Reflection for New Year's and we simply walked up when ready to eat.  Only waited one time for about 10 minutes and that was only to get us in the seating area with the waiter we had all week.  it was our choice.  Overall a wonderful experience.  Great service and great food. 

We have never needed to make a reservation in Luminae though on sailings when they were especially busy they appreciated when we let them know that we would NOT be in that evening or were significantly changing from our usual dining time.   They always tried to seat us in the same area with the same waitstaff so knowing ahead of time prevented them from needlessly  holding “our” table.  

Martha

• Like 1

Teacher1. This post maybe a little off topic, but if this will be your first time in Celebrity suite class, you are in for a very pleasant surprise!  We had been Regent cruisers mainly for years until we went on a Celebrity ship for a music cruise in suite class just a few years ago. We found that experience at least equal to Regent at a much lower price — and we got to hear good music as well. So we booked another Celebrity cruise onboard for Alaska, also in suite class. It was great also. We we’re looking for a third Celebrity suite cruise and the pandemic hit. As soon as that settles down a bit, we’ll start looking again, on Celebrity, in the Retreat (aka suite class). As matters appear to us now, such a Celebrity cruise is the best “bang for the buck” for those who want a true luxury cruise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dkjretired said:

A little off topic also but when you board go to Luminae for lunch, good hamburger.

I am not usually a burger eater but having read comments on CC I decided to give it a go…Best burger ever! 

11 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Teacher1. This post maybe a little off topic, but if this will be your first time in Celebrity suite class, you are in for a very pleasant surprise!  We had been Regent cruisers mainly for years until we went on a Celebrity ship for a music cruise in suite class just a few years ago. We found that experience at least equal to Regent at a much lower price — and we got to hear good music as well. So we booked another Celebrity cruise onboard for Alaska, also in suite class. It was great also. We we’re looking for a third Celebrity suite cruise and the pandemic hit. As soon as that settles down a bit, we’ll start looking again, on Celebrity, in the Retreat (aka suite class). As matters appear to us now, such a Celebrity cruise is the best “bang for the buck” for those who want a true luxury cruise.

We sail on a music charter in 20 days on summit in a royal suite, this is 70’s music called rock and romance. The only other line with great perks for suites is MSc yacht club which is normally cheaper than celebrity, similar perks to edge class

Just got off Equinox.  No reservations, just walk up and prepare to be pampered.  

Agree with previous that Retreat class is totally worth it.  We just moved up both legs on Equinox.  We are now ruined.  This is the only way to go.

• Like 1

I agree that it is nice to let the Maitre d' know if you will not be in one evening.  We usually would do that on the way out.  However, I also know that at least some Maitres d' already know if you have reservations elsewhere.  They can look and see. 

Of course, they cannot read minds and know if you just plan on dining in the room or in Oceanview or something else that does not require reservations.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

However, I also know that at least some Maitres d' already know if you have reservations elsewhere.  

No kidding!  Russell (M d' aboard Constellation) was a better source for our specialty dining plans (including Chef's and Veuve Clicquot) than my own memory!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, George C said:

I don’t believe you can make reservations, never had  to wait more than a few mins.

The only time I had to speak to Luminae about time is when I Invited  2 people (not suite guests) to join me.  We were seated almost immediately.  

• Like 1

Charge is $30 pp for dinner.   Do make sure to make arrangements prior to the dining seating as it is space available.   Charge can be paid by either the suite guest or the guest.  We have been invited as a guest and have been able to pay our own way.

3 hours ago, DCPIV said:

I agree that it is nice to let the Maitre d' know if you will not be in one evening.  We usually would do that on the way out.  However, I also know that at least some Maitres d' already know if you have reservations elsewhere.  They can look and see. 

Of course, they cannot read minds and know if you just plan on dining in the room or in Oceanview or something else that does not require reservations.

Cheers!

Maitre D question us on last cruise , we had a penthouse so specialty were free , we told him another night that we were going to go to fine cuts , he dropped by and told the Maitre D to take care of us. 

• Like 1

On the Equinox last August and all suites were occupied. Never had to wait for any meal in Luminae and the Matre D told several passengers that the Luminae does not take reservations. You will love the Luminae and the best service of any ship restaurant we have been in. We are only booking suites now on Celebrity and we 5 have 5 future cruises booked.

On 1/30/2022 at 1:44 PM, Momma Rene said:

Regarding guests -- if it was recent, do you remember the amount of the charge?

$30.00 per person.  I was a solo, and invited 2 guests.  Only had to pay for one as I was allowed a +1

Edited by Missymo
  • Thanks 1